Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yes. Outland is the former world of Draenor after it was torn appart by Ner'zhul's magic as he attempted to open various portals in order to port the orcs away to distant worlds.

Outland is the present-time Draenor and Draenor is, well, past-time Outland.
    You are so wrong. Outlands is our universes Draenor after it was destroyed by Ner'zhul. Draenor, is an alternate universes Draenor that is merely 30 years behind the main universes, but didn't get destroyed by Ner'zhul. They are 2 different places as they are from different universes. They exist in the same time frame, just events are 30 years behind.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I would have thought Nagrand and shadowmoon valley would have been a dead giveaway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    It is my understanding from the lore and layout of both Draenor and Outland that these are the same places just at different points in time.

Hellfire citadel in Draenor ----- Hellfire citadel in Outland
    Shattrath in Draenor ------ Shattrath in Outland

i'm sure there are other similarities that i can not think of atm. Please feel free to add.

So my assumption is that in Outland we are just seeing an alternate future of Draenor where Illidan has taken control of it?
    Draenor is an alternate universe so some things are different. In our universe the Orgre Empire had collapsed by the time the Horde started to rise. The Botani had probably lost the war against the Breakers as well. Also AU Draenor had Titans visit we don't know if our Draenor did because no signs appear in Outland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Everyone pretty much have given you the same answers,

but what I can't understand is if your trolling or not, this is what the 5th thread you've made today all of which are roughly the same topic?

If you have more questions just put them all in the same thread
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Some people are just taking the piss now. 3 topics on the whole main/alternate universes and Draenor/Outland's places.
    sorry for discussing lore in the lore section of the thorum

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    You are so wrong. Outlands is our universes Draenor after it was destroyed by Ner'zhul. Draenor, is an alternate universes Draenor that is merely 30 years behind the main universes, but didn't get destroyed by Ner'zhul. They are 2 different places as they are from different universes. They exist in the same time frame, just events are 30 years behind.
    So Outland was formerly MU Draenor before it was destroyed by Ner'zhul, and AU Draenor is what Outland was 30 years ago.

Which is pretty much what Magnagarde said. It doesn't matter if AU Draenor is in our present, it still reflects Outland's past.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    So Outland was formerly MU Draenor before it was destroyed by Ner'zhul, and AU Draenor is what Outland was 30 years ago.

Which is pretty much what Magnagarde said. It doesn't matter if AU Draenor is in our present, it still reflects Outland's past.
    It reflects a close approximate of what the past could have been on MU Draenor/Outland, but is a completely different place. Otherwise, we would have ran into the Sporegar in WoD but didn't. Zangarmarsh would not have been a sea or the temples in Outland would not have been there and already in ruins.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    This is like your third troll post on these 'clarifications'. Well played seringen hoe many fall for it.
    Wouldn't quite call them all "troll" posts but he is flooding the forums with these generic "yes or no" threads. Mission accomplished in rustling jimmies of overly sensitive posters like myself.

I think people make it more complicated than it is, look at the war of the ancients. Think of Draenor evens as the same thing, they happen within our timeline and because of it.

Draenor is part of our universe now. Events from the connecting of the dark portal to Azeroth will move forward in its on way. This is why so much was different than before, it didn't change since it was patched into us it was it's own world to evolve in its own way.

Outland and Draenor are different planets now most likely in the same orbit of the same star.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Deleted
    stop calling this a troll thread, look at the debates going on, obviously this question is not clear to many people.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    No. For fuck's sake, no. Just like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, they changed things up from the established lore to make it fresh. They didn't, "[pay] absolutely no attention to established lore or timelines...", they purposefully changed it to make it appeal to a wider audience while making it a fresh story for the veterans.

And no, it's also not, "what would happen if Ner'zhul didn't actually break the world", it's, "what would happen if Gul'dan failed to feed the orcs the demon blood?", which happened FAR earlier. It's like YOU don't pay attention.
    Also changing it so that Stormwind is Human country that fights the Orcs in the first War makes more sense than Lordaereon as Stormwind is so much closer to the Blasted Lands and the Dark Portal. For them to first fight Lordaereon They would of had to travel across half the continent before reaching Lordeareon territory and no way would the other human kingdoms of stayed out of the fight if that had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Also changing it so that Stormwind is Human country that fights the Orcs in the first War makes more sense than Lordaereon as Stormwind is so much closer to the Blasted Lands and the Dark Portal. For them to first fight Lordaereon They would of had to travel across half the continent before reaching Lordeareon territory and no way would the other human kingdoms of stayed out of the fight if that had happened.
    Stormwind was always the first war.

Lordaereon was the second war after Stormwind gets sacked by the horde in the first war.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I'm not sure if you're serious or a very slow thinker?
    Haha, my thoughts exactly. But who are we to judge, maybe he just started playing this game? Not everyone is old as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Haha, my thoughts exactly. But who are we to judge, maybe he just started playing this game? Not everyone is old as fuck.
    He was so confused that he had to make another topic after this one http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-WoD-or-before
    He really is just slow in his head

stop calling this a troll thread, look at the debates going on, obviously this question is not clear to many people.
    You're right, if by many you mean one person who can't use google.
    http://prntscr.com/bldrkm

Deleted
    wow whats with the personal attacks.

none of my threads are the same question. stop attacking me please.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If that goes for the OP - well, if we try to match zones, obviously Nagrand, HFC (Hellfire / Taanan) and Shadowmoon Valley match. But what needs to happen to transform..what? Frostfire ridge into Blade Edge Mountains? Or was that Gorgrond growing spikey mountains? And Frostfire Ridge became all mushroomy and the sea closed and it became Zangamarsh.
    Zangarmarsh is only the Zangarsea between both Nagrand and Frostfire.

This illustration would have you believe that frostfire broke off from Gorgrond or they merged together.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2016-06-26 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    I am not wrong. I pretty much said the same as you did, without mentioning alternate Draenor. In other words, I wasn't talking about the alternate Draenor at all, but the Draenor of "our" timeline. I think its complementary that when I just say Draenor that I mean the Draenor from "our" timeline, not the alternate one.

Outland is the former Draenor of the true timeline. The Draenor in WoD is the alternate Draenor which was never turned into Outland. That is all there is to it. I don't know which part of my post made you think I wasn't aware of that.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-26 at 09:43 PM.

Duncan Jones is that you?!

7+ Year Old Account
    wow whats with the personal attacks.

none of my threads are the same question. stop attacking me please.
    Nobody is attacking you. People (including myself) are pointing out the flood of threads you've posted that are more or less answered with a "yes" and "no" or with 2-3 sentences worth. Like this thread's topic.

Regardless of your intent with your started threads, it's the internet and people take things differently. Yourself plus others see it has constructive forum posting for answers, others see it has thread spam and like somebody already pointed out you could have easily typed your question into Google and got your answers.

Perhaps you wanted in depth dicussion as such this forum is to provide? I can agree with that. Although I would change the quality of your thread questions to prevent 2 debates per thread: discussion relevant to the topic of the thread... and flaming towards yourself.

Perhaps I am over analyzing this. I may be, but I'm not the only one.

EDIT

On topic... AU Draenor IS the same Draenor of our timeline. BUT because of the events of WoD (which Blizzard attempted to explain with honors) a "pocket universe" was established, i.e. creating an alternate timeline. Think about a copy and paste. Main Draenor of 30 years ago was copied, and pasted onto another document (another timeline) to create WoD.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2016-06-26 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Nobody is attacking you. People (including myself) are pointing out the flood of threads you've posted that are more or less answered with a "yes" and "no" or with 2-3 sentences worth. Like this thread's topic.

Regardless of your intent with your started threads, it's the internet and people take things differently. Yourself plus others see it has constructive forum posting for answers, others see it has thread spam and like somebody already pointed out you could have easily typed your question into Google and got your answers.

Perhaps you wanted in depth dicussion as such this forum is to provide? I can agree with that. Although I would change the quality of your thread questions to prevent 2 debates per thread: discussion relevant to the topic of the thread... and flaming towards yourself.

Perhaps I am over analyzing this. I may be, but I'm not the only one.

EDIT

On topic... AU Draenor IS the same Draenor of our timeline. BUT because of the events of WoD (which Blizzard attempted to explain with honors) a "pocket universe" was established, i.e. creating an alternate timeline. Think about a copy and paste. Main Draenor of 30 years ago was copied, and pasted onto another document (another timeline) to create WoD.
    If its the same, where is Netherstorm/Plains of Farahlon?