Poll: New or old?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    New is much better but is it matter at all?
    Last edited by Freerunz; 2016-06-26 at 06:22 PM.

What is the issue? That the little stardust tail was removed? It is still a glowing bolt of blue light, much like a star. Besides, you cannot transmogrify your weapon to it so it is a mute point.

Have you messed with our graphic settings, they are changed a great deal in Legion so you just might not be getting the trail as a result of that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Have you messed with our graphic settings, they are changed a great deal in Legion so you just might not be getting the trail as a result of that.
    That was my first thought, but with everything maxed, everything low, and all the things in between, it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    What is the issue? That the little stardust tail was removed? It is still a glowing bolt of blue light, much like a star. Besides, you cannot transmogrify your weapon to it so it is a mute point.
    The term is moot point, not mute, also it can be used in timewalking. The primary draw for the weapon, for me, was the animation, thats the whole reason I wanted it, and they scrapped it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Why is it a quiet point? People use them for timewalkers, that is about it. Either way how somebody does or doesn't enjoy something isn't a thing the rest of us can chime in on. If the change is anything beyond a tweak from the users graphics interface it seems like an odd thing for Blizzard to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

Are you sure you didn't look at both the videos of the old version? The new and old ones don't look remotely similar.

Old one is blue/white, and has a long trail of energy that follows the projectile, new one is sort of a turquoise color, small lightning bolt looking thing with no trail.
    They have cut out mist type of effects from older things from time to time. My least favorite thing was when they disabled the haunted memento because too many of them were causing large amounts of lag for people. No more passive ghost follower for people.

The term is moot point, not mute, also it can be used in timewalking. The primary draw for the weapon, for me, was the animation, thats the whole reason I wanted it, and they scrapped it.
    First of all, I meant mute because no one should be talking about it. Second of all, no one in Legion will switch weapons for Timewalking because of the Artifact Traits and the Artifact ability. Third of all, Blizzard did not "scrap" the animation - the trail was removed, that is all.

Why is it a quiet point? People use them for timewalkers, that is about it.
    If anyone uses this instead of their Artifact weapon, I will be extremely disappointed in him or her...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard did not "scrap" the animation - the trail was removed, that is all.

They did more than remove the trail... and the trail was like 95% of the old animation, so yeah, it was scrapped.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

First of all, I meant mute because no one should be talking about it. Second of all, no one in Legion will switch weapons for Timewalking because of the Artifact Traits and the Artifact ability. Third of all, Blizzard did not "scrap" the animation - the trail was removed, that is all.

If anyone uses this instead of their Artifact weapon, I will be extremely disappointed in him or her...
    Yup timewalkers are serious business and no way in the game just for fun. Screw those people using old legendaries and other items they worked so hard or long for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised to see so many prefer the new, actually. To me, the new looks like a generic ice arrow, whereas the old has a completely unique look to it with the trail.

They did more than remove the trail...
    *Proceeds to make up numbers about how much a little animation coding is in comparison to the rest of the animation, yet never mentions what else Blizzard removed. Also claims that removing said made up numbers, which is not 100%, is the new definition of "scrapping."*

I can see your all salt and no brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Proceeds to make up numbers about how much a little animation coding is in comparison to the rest of the animation, yet never mentions what else Blizzard removed. Also claims that removing said made up numbers, which is not 100%, is the new definition of "scrapping."*

I can see your all salt and no brain.
    Sigh, the change is obvious, and I've already broken it down in the OP, if you are too daft to read that then you are beyond help, but I'll try again anyways.

The old animation was arcane, dark blue and white with a long trail, new animation has no trail, is more of a light turquoise and covered in lightning effects, they are in no way similar, it was 100% changed.

Remove your head from your backside and stop trying to argue for arguments sake, that is clearly all you are doing.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-06-26 at 06:49 PM.

Yup timewalkers are serious business and no way in the game just for fun. Screw those people using old legendaries and other items they worked so hard or long for.
    You can still use it if you want, but if you just sit here and piss and moan about a changed animation that has zero impact upon your personal life then you can do that too.

I'm not really noticing much of a difference.

This happened before, with Tabard of the Lightbringer. They didn't change the item, they just changed the particle effect that the item used. It previously used the default "holy spell cast" particle that appears on your character's hands when you cast a Holy spell, and since they changed that particle, the tabard's effect was changed as well.

Same thing probably happening here.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh. That's the arrow animation from the hidden BM weapon skin.

http://i.imgur.com/ZEv1S2c.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Oh. That's the arrow animation from the hidden BM weapon skin.

http://i.imgur.com/ZEv1S2c.jpg
    So, the change might not have even been intentional then...

In that case, I'll go ahead and submit a bug report, just in case it wasn't intended.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-06-26 at 07:00 PM.

are you guys sure it cant be transmog cause mops legendary cape can or is the cape a special case?
    Bitch Pls

This is probably not intentional, just like with Tabard of the Lightbringer in WoD. The SFX must be the same used by some spell(s) and they just updated it thinking about spell visuals, thus changing the bow without knowing.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The bow was never relevant to the game, no way this was intentional

First of all, I meant mute because no one should be talking about it.
    LOL...sure you did buddy.

I like the old animation better. Blizzard did something similar when they brought in the Horde trike. They changed the Mechano Hog's sound file to a stripped down version of the one for the trike. No idea why they did it but I just can't ride the Mechano-Hog anymore with it sounding like a Sherman tank. One of many little things that I'm sure Blizzard didn't expect many to notice but eventually add up.

- - - Updated - - -

You can still use it if you want, but if you just sit here and piss and moan about a changed animation that has zero impact upon your personal life then you can do that too.
    You seem unreasonably aggressive and hostile for something that has no bearing on you personally.
    Last edited by Budong; 2016-06-26 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, but it looks like thunder instead of "sparkly-star-stuff". If they could make it like the effects of the celestial panda dragon (or similar looking weapons from mogushan vaults), that'd be great.