Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Man beats turtle to death with hammer

Seriously, what in the hell is wrong with people? This happened in Austin. The man claimed he killed the turtle in self defense. Seriously, what a sicko.

Warning: Graphic video attached to the news story.
    http://news10.com/2016/06/24/graphic...e-with-hammer/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A video posted on Facebook this week showing a man beating a turtle to death with a hammer along Lady Bird Lake has authorities taking action.

Geoffrey Frank says he was running along the trail near South Lamar Boulevard and East Riverside Road on Tuesday when he came across what he calls a “sick” scene. Frank says the man hooked the turtle, lured it out of the water and “smashed it to death with a hammer.”

According to Frank, the man didn’t take the turtle but rather pulled it up to the road and left it there to die. In the video you can see the man beating in the turtle’s head and then looking at the camera.

The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department say they were able to identify the man with the help of social media and tips to the Crime Stoppers hotline. The individual in the video was cited for hunting non-game wildlife without a license and illegal dumping of the wildlife. A spokesperson for TPWD says the man claimed the turtle was a snapping turtle and he hit it in self-defense.

Mass shooter in the making.... And I bet he doesn't even get 10 minutes with psychiatrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I saw a video the other day of another group of stellar human beings pulling a shark out of the ocean to take a selfie. The shark died.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    A spokesperson for TPWD says the man claimed the turtle was a snapping turtle and he hit it in self-defense.
    Luckily he had hammer in his hands, because there was no way he could have out ran that murderous turtle.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Really should have psychiatric help rather than be thrown in prison. Putting him in jail will only make him worse. His act was despicable but we know what's next.

10+ Year Old Account
    He "killed it in self-defense"? Wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I blame this on the ninja turtles movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I saw a video the other day of another group of stellar human beings pulling a shark out of the ocean to take a selfie. The shark died.
    An alarmingly high % people are worthless piles of shit when it comes down to it, and exemplify this behavior far too frequently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't think anything will top this video of some guy in Mexico slowly killing a German Shepard? as it continuously whelps in pain and doesn't fight back.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=729_1453848439

If criminal minds has taught us anything, they should be looking in this guys basement for that missing blonde girl

- - - Updated - - -

also, snapping turtles in Texas are big and mean as shit. People will remove and kill them from there stock tanks and fishing ponds all the time. Not normally with a hammer but dead is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Don't think anything will top this video of some guy in Mexico slowly killing a German Shepard? as it continuously whelps in pain and doesn't fight back.

Not clicking on that, but everyone involved, including the person holding the recorder (if there was one) should be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post

Coward, hope he get a very fucking slow death, preferably skinned alive.

These kind of people need to be taken seriously because it tends to lead to future violence against humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone watched too much Ninja Turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    My head is now running through scenarios in which one would be required to legitimately kill a turtle in self defense.

The only one that makes sense is if there are four of them and they're named Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo and Raphael.
    Putin khuliyo

We have desert tortoises. They're protected so if you kill one of them you're in for some pretty huge fines. Not sure if this is what the guy in the video killed.

Looked like the killer was old enough to know better.

Social media caught him. lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    My head is now running through scenarios in which one would be required to legitimately kill a turtle in self defense.

The only one that makes sense is if there are four of them and they're named Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo and Raphael.
    Big snapping turtles scare the fuck out of me. I'm not sure how aggressive they are, but I can easily imagine one trying to take my foot off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    [IMG]http://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/images/TortoiseC_000.jpg[IMG]

We have desert tortoises. They're protected so if you kill one of them you're in for some pretty huge fines. Not sure if this is what the guy in the video killed.
    The guy killed snapping turtle. Those are pretty nasty and give horrible bites:

Still though, I can't imagine a scenario in which a person can't just run away safely...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    He "killed it in self-defense"? Wow...
    Look out ned, its coming right for us!

I don't see what the big deal is, He entered Mak'gora with the Turtle and won. Some of you people are without honor and do not respect the traditions of my ancestors
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-26 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

If you had a swimming hole on your property and you or your kids were swimming in it, it would be very wise to remove the snapping turtle.

I think he just self defense as a justification for his shitty behavior tho. Not that he really means it. It does remind me of that futurama episode where the gang member shoots his reflection in the mirror and yells out " it was self defense".