Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    While a few on that list are true, they used the old strategy of sprinkling a few true things into a big ole list of bullshit to make it seem much more grandiose than it actually is.

Men pay more for health care? Uh hate to burst your bubble, it's the other way around.

Gynocentrism? This is as lame as someone shouting patriarchy all the time.

The list of crap goes on, but I digress. A few are true. Privilege exists in both genders, and up until not too long ago it was tipped strongly in favor of men in western society. Equality existing now is probably the reason for that big list of male victim complex issues.
    Its simply not true, you can hand wave it all away, but that doesn't mean that most things on that list aren't true.

And yes, men do pay more for healthcare, yes the pay might be the same, but males gut much less upkeep so to speak. The prostate cancer research as example doesn't get half the attention that female cancers get. And lets talk about the mental healthcare differences, so yes, men do pay more for the service they get.

There have always been privileges from both sexes, it has always been quite equal, but different. But when feminism started to unilaterally change the rules in their favour the scale tipped in favour of the females. I'm not suggesting that change wasn't needed, change is always needed. But the changes made where very lob sided, so after 70+ years of lob sided changes the scales have tipped enormously in favour of the females. Whenever this is brought up all the feminist that are for "equality" seem to go to lala land or start screaming MRA, MRA!

Its time to realize that feminism just isn't about equality, it never has been. It is a female rights group that only concerns themselves with female issues, the part that makes this wrong is that it is done under the guise of "equality". As the OP suggested, if you want equality then you need egalitarianism, not some group that will only fight for one side and claims equality. But again, this is not something that feminists want, because they really do not want equality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go with hive-minded feminists again... These arguments are making me yaaaaaaaaawn. *yawns* Bed time!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Here we go with hive-minded feminists again... These arguments are making me yaaaaaaaaawn. *yawns* Bed time!
    You really have a problem with reading do you... I said nothing like a hive mind, if you want to make up some more strawmens then i suggest you do go to bed, as you have not said anything useful in your last post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    You really have a problem with reading do you... I said nothing like a hive mind, if you want to make up some more strawmens then i suggest you do go to bed, as you have not said anything useful in your last post.
    Phrases like "feminists really do not want equality" are getting old, sorry... *pats*
    Really going to bed now!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    Phrases like "feminists really do not want equality" are getting old, sorry... *pats*
    Really going to bed now!
    Its getting old because it is the truth, just stating that something is getting old is not a valid point against it. It only makes it obvious that you do not have a real answer against it because feminist really do not want equality.

It is a female rights group, they even say so them selves, that you can't be bothered to understand what that means isn't my fault. Let me give you a hint, elevating the rights of just one group isn't making things more equal, its making things less equal.

Since this is a gaming forum let me make this very simple, Horde versus Alliance, both have different races that have different racial abilities. Things started out sort of equal, the racial abilities are different, but all in all it is pretty equal. Now the Alliance starts to bitch about the horde racial's and how its not fair that the Horde has them, they want equality!! They start protesting and before you know it the Alliance is getting the Horde racial's too, but at the same time the Alliance keeps their own racial as well as get the new one. You see that the Alliance now has a big racial advantage over any and all Horde races. This is the guise of equality that feminism is working with, yes, they want the equal thing that someone else has, but they don't want to lose the other perks that come naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Name a female privilege.
    No selective service.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No selective service.
    LOL, because they're not permitted in front line roles. You're literally trying to state a case of sexism against women as "female privilege".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

LOL, because they're not permitted in front line roles. You're literally trying to state a case of sexism against women as "female privilege".
    I can barely imagine how much cognitive dissonance it takes to resolve not being conscripted as front line infantry as not being a form of privilege. War is hell. No one wants to be conscripted. By definition, if the people being conscripted wanted to be there, they wouldn't be conscripts. Not dying a bloody death on foreign soil is a pretty good privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If you consider men dying more or having a higher chance of injury compared to women a result of recklessness, you would also have to chalk up a woman having a higher chance of being raped to recklessness.
    Wow. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Mormolyce said name one and I did by taking 3 seconds to google "female privilege" and link the first image on Google.
    I love how you say that like this is some intelligent move on your part lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I can barely imagine how much cognitive dissonance it takes to resolve not being conscripted as front line infantry as not being a form of privilege. War is hell. No one wants to be conscripted. By definition, if the people being conscripted wanted to be there, they wouldn't be conscripts. Not dying a bloody death on foreign soil is a pretty good privilege.
    Cognitive dissonance? Like what's involved to believe that being unable to serve in front line roles because society believes you're innately weak is a privilege?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Cognitive dissonance? Like what's involved to believe that being unable to serve in front line roles because society believes you're innately weak is a privilege?
    Yes, it's a privilege. This is very obvious. Knowing that you'll never be conscripted into combat is a privilege.

Arguments like this are why people think feminists are frequently just abject loons. Being unwilling to concede that avoiding conscription is a privilege is just flat out fucking stupid.

I love how you say that like this is some intelligent move on your part lol.
    No, just an unintelligent move on yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    snip
    You know, when you say that all people of a certain movement do not want something, you better have some hard proof of it.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Name a female privilege.
    IMHO Female privilege is society just treating you a shit ton better than if you were male. If your a male you will likely not experience the shear level of deference and kindness the world shows to females. The world is infinitely kind to me, I am given seats on buses, but before someone else in lines, in general I would say my quality of life is infinitely better simply because society just cares about me more. If I go missing there will be 24 hour news coverage of a smiling brunette and such, I could easily be a national figure of interest, if a man goes missing? Fuck, who cares? In general society cares about me, my feelings, my well being far more than men's.

That isn't to say males are mistreated but males are not given anywhere near the level of deference that females can expect. Heck, in Internet culture there is a whole uproar over how females are treated, when in reality this is what males have dealt with since the beginning on the web, but since the Internet does not offer us our traditional deference, its shocking to some of us.

Then there is institutional stuff, if I were to murder say @Xarim in cold sadistic blood, pouring bees Nicholas Cage style before burning him in a wicker suite to appease my series of Gods, I'd get a significantly lesser sentence than if Xarim were to do that to me. Heck I am twice as likely to avoid incarceration altogether. If avoidance of punishment for breaking the law isn't a privilege, than the word is meaningless.

ect, I could go on but you asked for one and I gave you a few already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    IMHO Female privilege is society just treating you a shit ton better than if you were male. If your a male you will likely not experience the shear level of deference and kindness the world shows to females. The world is infinitely kind to me, I am given seats on buses, but before someone else in lines, in general I would say my quality of life is infinitely better simply because society just cares about me more. If I go missing there will be 24 hour news coverage of a smiling brunette and such, I could easily be a national figure of interest, if a man goes missing? Fuck, who cares? In general society cares about me, my feelings, my well being far more than men's.

That isn't to say males are mistreated but males are not given anywhere near the level of deference that females can expect. Heck, in Internet culture there is a whole uproar over how females are treated, when in reality this is what males have dealt with since the beginning on the web, but since the Internet does not offer us our traditional deference, its shocking to some of us.

Then there is institutional stuff, if I were to murder say @Xarim in cold sadistic blood, pouring bees Nicholas Cage style before burning him in a wicker suite to appease my series of Gods, I'd get a significantly lesser sentence than if Xarim were to do that to me. Heck I am twice as likely to avoid incarceration altogether. If avoidance of punishment for breaking the law isn't a privilege, than the word is meaningless.

That's the same thing I was talking about: differences in physical strength, causing all this, have two edges. On one hand, like you said, you are treated with increased level of deference and kindness, because it is deemed that you are not able to stand up for yourself as effectively as men can, so everyone is supposed to protect and treasure you. On the other, suppose you get attacked by a burglar at night on the streets, when there is no one around to help you - apparently you have a much lower chance to get away unharmed than an average man would. You will likely get a lesser sentence if you kill a man, than if man kills you - but on the other hand, a man has a much higher chance to successfully kill you if he tries, than you him.

Perhaps this kind of double standard is bound to exist for as long as genetic research hasn't made both sexes equally strong, and perhaps it is even somewhat logical and justified. Still sad that it exists though, given that the majority of people aren't going to encounter all these problems caused by difference in our physiology: we could definitely get away with a more equal society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

Smiling brunette, you say?

Speaking of the devil, i do feel inclined to be more kind and show respect.

You serious?

Look, I am not even gonna jump on my crusade against Feminism. I just want to educate you real quick. Or to put it in words you'll understand, "Mansplain"

- Denied Federal Student aid
    - Denied Federal job training / Consideration for positions
    - Possible fine of $250,000 and/or 5 years imprisonment
    - And of course, the fact that the govt can snatch you up if Trump decides to be a dick to the rest of the world as President and force you to leave your life to go risk it in a war.

There are more, but my PC will not let me into the site now and I want to be sure my info is still accurate.

Anyways, The Draft is a shit deal. No one should have to sign up for it in order to receive assistance from their government. Sure, women should be allowed to serve in combat roles if they choose, but being left out of forced conscription is is 100% a privilege. And not to call you stupid, but on this one topic, what you said was pure garbage and should be ignored for being totally stupid.

Yes, it's a privilege. This is very obvious. Knowing that you'll never be conscripted into combat is a privilege.

Arguments like this are why people think feminists are frequently just abject loons. Being unwilling to concede that avoiding conscription is a privilege is just flat out fucking stupid.
    The only problem with this is "feminism" (in that weird hive-mind thing that people think of it; it was actually a specific feminist group) fought for the right to be put into selective service as women, or get rid of it for men.

a male-dominate supreme court said it would undermine the military.

then we have people saying feminism doesn't care about this issue.

It's weird, and it's ignorant of history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The only problem with this is "feminism" (in that weird hive-mind thing that people think of it; it was actually a specific feminist group) fought for the right to be put into selective service as women, or get rid of it for men.

a male-dominate supreme court said it would undermine the military.

then we have people saying feminism doesn't care about this issue.

It's weird, and it's ignorant of history.
    It is always like this with some folks: a movement/ideology is always malicious, and when it's not, it doesn't count, because [insert a weird reason].

Deleted
    You know, when you say that all people of a certain movement do not want something, you better have some hard proof of it.
    You have not been reading have you, it is literally in the definition of feminism.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's the same thing I was talking about: differences in physical strength, causing all this, have two edges. On one hand, like you said, you are treated with increased level of deference and kindness, because it is deemed that you are not able to stand up for yourself as effectively as men can, so everyone is supposed to protect and treasure you. On the other, suppose you get attacked by a burglar at night on the streets, when there is no one around to help you - apparently you have a much lower chance to get away unharmed than an average man would. You will likely get a lesser sentence if you kill a man, than if man kills you - but on the other hand, a man has a much higher chance to successfully kill you if he tries, than you him.

Perhaps this kind of double standard is bound to exist for as long as genetic research hasn't made both sexes equally strong, and perhaps it is even somewhat logical and justified. Still sad that it exists though, given that the majority of people aren't going to encounter all these problems caused by difference in our physiology: we could definitely get away with a more equal society.
    Its not just a strength thing, the world outside the internet just gives more of a shit about my well being. As an experiment if I was crying in public versus say, any male crying in public who is going to have strangers want to help or figure out what is wrong? I can to some degree get a free meal just by agreeing to dates, and not even bad meals. ect.

The problem with trying to make a more equal society is what counts as equality? It is very much true that for some people equality means the good stuff and not the bad stuff. The fact that men make up the lion-share of work place deaths, the majority of convicts and convictions for the same crime mind you (Talk about minding the gap?) and on a socio-economic level I believe last I checked we get the majority of government assistance, yet pay less than men in taxes and account for the overwhelming amount of consumer spending decisions.

Society is just nicer to me, cares about me more. While it might be patronising to some extent, its patronising we clearly approve of since organisations like NOW aren't out to end those parks of being female.

Also with this magic thing called a gun, I can off anyone as easily as they can off me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.