Thread: Eredar clothing

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Eredar clothing

Hey beta users: are eredar in Legion walking around half-naked like in Legion? I have seen quite a few clothed eredar in screenshots, mostly women but at least one man. Are eredar being covered up now?
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Some are, some are not. But with the exception of the Sunwell Eredar Twins I have yet to see a half naked female Eredar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Some are, some are not. But with the exception of the Sunwell Eredar Twins I have yet to see a half naked female Eredar.
    Well, is that problematic. I think that is a case of "two wrongs do not a right make". Either make both genders equally naked or equally dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Well, is that problematic. I think that is a case of "two wrongs do not a right make". Either make both genders equally naked or equally dressed.
    Yeah, because how dare Blizzard add diversity to a game! While we are at it, make all the character models white squares so no one can ever be offended!!! /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Yeah, because how dare Blizzard add diversity to a game! While we are at it, make all the character models white squares so no one can ever be offended!!! /s
    Eh, you missed my point. The problem is that *girls* are dressed while boys are not. That is kind of hypocritical and cowardly. I think they should have both forms of dress be mixed more or less evenly across the genders or something.

White privilege!!!!!

Eh, you missed my point. The problem is that *girls* are dressed while boys are not. That is kind of hypocritical and cowardly. I think they should have both forms of dress be mixed more or less evenly across the genders or something.
    Majority wears regular armor - available to players.

Certain models, like the Eredar Twins / Archimonde type are wearing less cloth.

Is this is a "Let's behave like feminists" -thread?

Gotta be trolling
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    White privilege!!!!!
    I am Asian.

Deleted
    I mean, if you have a good body, why not show it off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Majority wears regular armor - available to players.

Certain models, like the Eredar Twins / Archimonde type are wearing less cloth.

Yeah, pretty much. I do not think eredar should be covered, or at least I do not think that eredar women should be covered more than men. There is no evidence of sexism in their society so why should eredar women wear more since they as demons have abandoned all decency altogether?

Though if both men and women use clothing then it perhaps makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account

Always something wrong with some detail in a game

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well, there is the free the nipple thing in NYC and I guess there is a fair argument that if men get to walk around shirtless, why shouldn't women? My vote would require them to both wear shirts, but I understand that is the same as wanting to force everyone to dress like Puritans, so I guess everyone should be naked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, there is the free the nipple thing in NYC and I guess there is a fair argument that if men get to walk around shirtless, why shouldn't women? My vote would require them to both wear shirts, but I understand that is the same as wanting to force everyone to dress like Puritans, so I guess everyone should be naked
    Well, if we are going to strip or dress them, let us at least be equal about it. Not "women dress skanky while men dress normally to appeal to teenage boys" or "men are muscled and naked while women are conservative to appeal to feminism".

Deleted
    Ok did not expect this. Anyone wearing shoes that are to small or why does this thread even exist ? The game isn't even out yet, yet people complain about ingame models not wearing enough clothing ?
    Relaxe, blizzard will take care of the issue (if there is any) before release.

Well, if we are going to strip or dress them, let us at least be equal about it. Not "women dress skanky while men dress normally to appeal to teenage boys" or "men are muscled and naked while women are conservative to appeal to feminism".
    I agree, but because I've agreed with such before, namely the stop making female characters skanks, I'm a religious nut living in the Puritan era

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I agree, but because I've agreed with such before, namely the stop making female characters skanks, I'm a religious nut living in the Puritan era
    The MRA/anti-feminist crowds are like that. As bad, if not worse, than their opponents.

Pretty much not how that works in ANY culture. Almost every culture has different standards of dress for men and women. The point you're trying to make pretty well doesn't exist unless you apply to the 'We should all be grey blobs' School of Equality. And even if your point held any water in the real world (...it really doesn't but that not an argument for here) it most certainly shouldn't apply in fantasy! Fantasy feeds on Differences, the more different you can make things without stretching people's disbelief beyond its suspension, the more interesting of a world is built.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Pretty much not how that works in ANY culture. Almost every culture has different standards of dress for men and women. The point you're trying to make pretty well doesn't exist unless you apply to the 'We should all be grey blobs' School of Equality. And even if your point held any water in the real world (...it really doesn't but that not an argument for here) it most certainly shouldn't apply in fantasy! Fantasy feeds on Differences, the more different you can make things without stretching people's disbelief beyond its suspension, the more interesting of a world is built.
    Perhaps, yes, but I do not see why Eredar women would dress up more. I mean, there's precedence of them being as skanky as their male counterparts.

Blizzard is using the draenei model with new skins for eredars. This allows them to add a wide bariety of armor, but most of them still don't wear much armor (for example, High General Rakeesh).
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...