Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    We've just had so many troubles with our dps because we can't see the top of the boss so we don't have that extra 25% dps that you get when the entirety of the boss model is on your screen.
    /sarcasm

And that is exactly why it doesn't matter now. So why would it matter in legion?
    It's been this way for 12 fucking years. There is no reason that can justify the change. It's stupid. And the argumentation behind taking it away is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    Not true.
    Um, I think you meant to quote someone else. What you said has next to nothing to do with the passage of mine that you quoted.

Next up keybinding will be a bannable offense, to bring parity to the game.. It's not fair that good players get to be better than bad players, so nevermind the fact that this particular situation doesn't provide a real competitive advantage, lets just remove it anyway. Lets increase RNG and lets do everything we can to ensure that skill has very little value in World of Warcraft... "Blizz design team, 2016".

Bunch of fucking cunts.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Max zoom was actually counterproductive when they created rooms that were smaller. Your camera would freak out as your turned/moved and it zoomed in/out quickly or your view was completely blocked by the ceiling.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Thats the most stupid comparison I've read in quite a while. Do you need to use consol commands to change your keybindings?
    No, but they're still something you need to actively change in the options. Console commands are just as much a part of the game as the options menus, and they literally said they could've just increased the slider and removed the console command requirement, but decided to go for the option that they knew would be detrimental to a number of players.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Um, I think you meant to quote someone else. What you said has next to nothing to do with the passage of mine that you quoted.
    Not at all. Go back and re-read what you wrote. You claimed further zoom was never intended by Blizzard; I pointed out that it's been available and used for over 10 years, it's painfully obvious in every video ever done, and Blizzard's own people have been telling players how to use it, among other things. It is illogical to claim it was never intended when their own employees tell you how to use it on their forums.

You also claimed that Legion was designed for closer distances. I pointed out that raid design in Legion is much the same as it has been going back forever, when max zoom was available and used. It makes no sense to claim Legion was somehow designed for closer viewing, when raid bosses are still huge and raid spaces are still very large - just as they always have been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkr View Post
    Legion is like watching a train wreck in slow motion from a distance. When I thought they couldn't be any more out of touch with their playerbase, they pull it off yet again. This is some next level shit already.

By his reasoning addons shouldn't be allowed either, because they're 'hidden' outside the basic UI and someone might be at a disadvantage for not using them?
    He probably thinks add-ons shouldn't be allowed, but so much people are using them that it would be hard to get rid of it by now

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Next up keybinding will be a bannable offense, to bring parity to the game.. It's not fair that good players get to be better than bad players, so nevermind the fact that this particular situation doesn't provide a real competitive advantage, lets just remove it anyway. Lets increase RNG and lets do everything we can to ensure that skill has very little value in World of Warcraft... "Blizz design team, 2016".

Bunch of fucking cunts.
    Keybinding is not an hidden function, using keybinds is the way you're meant to play the game. He gave two reason why they want to get rid of this function, it's not only about player equality

1. He wants everyone to be equal
    2. Devs don't want the game to be experienced at max distance because the game is not designed to be experienced that way, if they wanted players to experience the game at max distance, it wouldn't be an hidden function
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-26 at 07:01 PM.

I'm just curious how long I'll be banned for zoom hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I thought something was off on the PTR. I could not get the camera to zoom out no matter what I did. Felt way to close for comfort.

Feels like they are trying their best to dictate how to play the game instead of letting people figure out what works best for them.

Terrible change is terrible.
    No it's not. Players should not get an advantage in the game because of UI elements. It has gotten close to the point where you do not play WOW you play your UI. Let's face it, if someone could play better by completely ignoring the actual game they would (and would thrash the "casuals" that didn't use it) Blizzard needs to go farther in this direction. In reality a person playing the default UI should have no disadvantage in actual game performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I thought something was off on the PTR. I could not get the camera to zoom out no matter what I did. Felt way to close for comfort.

Feels like they are trying their best to dictate how to play the game instead of letting people figure out what works best for them.

Terrible change is terrible.
    lol I know what you mean. When I got on beta I tried zooming out and was like wtf is this, oh yeah I need to put in the console command on. So I copypasta it from live and it doesn't work I do the starting quests and end at the order hall and it's just so annoying being that close. It's incredibly frustrating because I like my U.I to be a certain way as I'm sure all people do. I copy my u.i profile to all of my alts and any new characters I create have the exact same U.I. Everything has it's place and is aligned using a gridlines addon to be perfect for me.

I didn't even think about tanks and melee lol, that's gotta suck for them on big boss fights. 90% of their screen is going to be boss legs lol.
    Last edited by Drusyn; 2016-06-26 at 07:21 PM.

I heard they were going to allow you to increase camera distance as a reward after a series of Achievements that you work towards as the expansion progresses.

You should be able to finish up the "Viewfinder" achievement sometime near the latter half of the expansion when you have very little use for it, but it helps to preserve the fantasy/vision of the game's design during that crucial first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    He probably thinks add-ons shouldn't be allowed, but so much people are using them that it would be hard to get rid of it by now

Keybinding is not an hidden function, using keybinds is the way you're meant to play the game. He gave two reason why they want to get rid of this function, it's not only about player equality

1. He wants everyone to be equal
    2. Devs don't want the game to be experienced at max distance because the game is not designed to be experienced that way, if they wanted players to experience the game at max distance, it wouldn't be an hidden function
    Everyone is equal, it doesn't give a competitive advantage.. 72% of people with well in excess of 50,000 voters shows it wasn't that well hidden. Quite frankly deciding after over 10 years that they don't want the game to be experienced at max distance is ridiculous, because many people did experience the game that way.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Who needs to see more than Mannoroth's belly?
    People who do boss videos.
    People who have to raid lead.
    People who tank raid bosses.
    People who get motion sickness.
    People who generally like to see more than Mannoroths belly while fighting him.

Yet another moronic idea from Blizzard.

Wow they really don't want me resubscribing do they.
    I have no interest in having my situational awareness artificially nerfed.
    Last edited by Inequs; 2016-06-26 at 07:54 PM. Reason: I can't type for sh1t

Deleted
    Wow... I was not expecting this. Of all the changes which could improve the quality of life of players, why making things worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    lol I know what you mean. When I got on beta I tried zooming out and was like wtf is this, oh yeah I need to put in the console command on. So I copypasta it from live and it doesn't work I do the starting quests and end at the order hall and it's just so annoying being that close. It's incredibly frustrating because I like my U.I to be a certain way as I'm sure all people do. I copy my u.i profile to all of my alts and any new characters I create have the exact same U.I. Everything has it's place and is aligned using a gridlines addon to be perfect for me.

I didn't even think about tanks and melee lol, that's gotta suck for them on big boss fights. 90% of their screen is going to be boss legs lol.
    No, 90% of a hardcore raiders screen is already covered with all kinds of WAs, boss mods and raid frames, tell you what to do and when to do it. Dont even need to look at the screen, cause as soon as you stand in shit you're not supposed to, you get a sound alert, telling you to move out of the fire/poison/whatever.

FIVE
    FOUR
    THREE
    TWO
    ONE..
    PRESS A BUTTON!

One of those changes that just makes you go "What the hell are you thinking?". I hope melee players like feet.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    He covered that

I gotta say, as someone who currently uses max cam distance 4, I don't have a problem with this. I only use it occasionally... In certain raid situations. It really takes you out of the game, in a way, being zoomed out so dam far.
    But most people use that max camera distance ONLY at certain raid situations. I doubt the majority stays at max cam distance 4 all the time. That's why zoom in and out is on the mousewheel anyway. His reasoning is hollow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    No, 90% of a hardcore raiders screen is already covered with all kinds of WAs, boss mods and raid frames, tell you what to do and when to do it. Dont even need to look at the screen, cause as soon as you stand in shit you're not supposed to, you get a sound alert, telling you to move out of the fire/poison/whatever.

FIVE
    FOUR
    THREE
    TWO
    ONE..
    PRESS A BUTTON!
    Even if we'd go by your retarded biased analogy, you'd still need to know which way to move out of the shit.