Poll: Which dreadlord model do you prefer? (pictures follow for reference)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think we need the realistic Art Style. It's not what the game is going for.
    Which is fine. It works for Overwatch, and it to some extent, has worked for WoW up till this point. But as said, it's hard to feel threatened by cartoon-looking demons. Blizzard took literally everything else for Legion from Diablo III. The least they could have done is take the demon art style. At least the demons in that game are visually threatening. Most of the demons in Legion are not in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Which is fine. It works for Overwatch, and it to some extent, has worked for WoW up till this point. But as said, it's hard to feel threatened by cartoon-looking demons. Blizzard took literally everything else for Legion from Diablo III. The least they could have done is take the demon art style. At least the demons in that game are visually threatening. Most of the demons in Legion are not in the slightest.
    Diablo is is a much more gory and darker game so it fits. I don't know about you but I've seen a slow darker approach to WoW's art style. They don't need to make drastic changes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i dont like about the new model is the face.

Formerly known as Arafal

The only thing superior on the old models imo is the armor but I generally prefer gold on demons. Archimonde looks the sweetest. Could take a while to get used to the brand new dreadlord because the armor itself is basically a complete redo.

I actually like the 2nd generation the best, although I don't think the sideburns fit dreadlords. The new model look like lesser dreadlords who just serve as soldiers, no cool facials and body armor. WC3 also had 2 different dreadlord models that had quite a lot of different traits (more markings, different face, armor etc), they could give the more popular and powerful dreadlords an unique dreadlord model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe even Mephisto(Or whatever his name is) and Tichondrius have unique Dread Lord models.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I believe even Mephisto(Or whatever his name is) and Tichondrius have unique Dread Lord models.
    The Tichondrius model is the current 3rd generation model with fel green cosmectic effects added (tips of horns, claws, wings) but still uses the 3rd gen model. I have not seen Mephistroth's however.

To the argument about Blizzard's art style reflecting the potential PG nature of the game-- that is a good point and I did not think about that. I can't really think of many other MMORPGs with a - how do I put it... a PG-13 to R rating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    The Tichondrius model is the current 3rd generation model with fel green cosmectic effects added (tips of horns, claws, wings) but still uses the 3rd gen model. I have not seen Mephistroth's however.

To the argument about Blizzard's art style reflecting the potential PG nature of the game-- that is a good point and I did not think about that. I can't really think of many other MMORPGs with a - how do I put it... a PG-13 to R rating?
    I could of sworn I saw Tichondrius looking much darker then the usual dreadlord. Mephistroph had a lot of armor on(I think). Still, it's nice to see these Dreadlords hanging around. They're one of my favorite demons.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd prefer second generation with updated textures.
    I agree with this sentiment.

It's a close call, but I like the newest model the best. They look the part of Nathrezim soldiers, not dirty, unwashed troops sent ahead to supervise the undead.

Since Dreadlords have wings it makes sense they would have well developed pecs.

I kind of liked the old version with the highly stylized armor made them really stand out as commanders though in legion them seem more like field captains so lore wise they might of been retconed to a lower function in the legion.

I think the second one are unique model so i don't believe it should count.

They could tweak this model somehow, it is lacking something ...

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Dreadlord-569171826

I't may have been caused by naked torso tho xD So they just have to give them plate chest and it will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I kind of liked the old version with the highly stylized armor made them really stand out as commanders though in legion them seem more like field captains so lore wise they might of been retconed to a lower function in the legion.
    WTF!? They should be commanders, but they also used to do theirs work from the shadows, and this is what was making them powerful. If they are just another demon it starts to be boring ...
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2016-06-27 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    They could tweak this model somehow, it is lacking something ...

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Dreadlord-569171826

I't may have been caused by naked torso tho xD So they just have to give them plate chest and it will be fine

WTF!? They should be commanders, but they also used to do theirs work from the shadows, and this is what was making them powerful. If they are just another demon it starts to be boring ...
    Yeah they seem to be kind of used like doomguards in legions. There are a few instances where you are attacked by them in numbers. They seem to of taken a hit in status.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I prefer the newest one.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd Gen for sure.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I think the 2nd one's head/face with the newest ones body would be perfect. There's just something odd about the face of the new one. Feels less evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say, armor color/type from 1st gen, body and the wings color from the 2nd, head/horns and wing model from the 3rd. Would probably look good, imo.

3rd gen doesn't look too bad, just the chesticles and the wing color I don't quite like.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I prefer Jaina...