Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tennessee congressional candidate has 2 racist billboards taken down.

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/?article=384105021

From the article, you can see that he has 1 billboard that was taken down that says he wants to "Make America White Again". He also had another billboard showing the Whitehouse surrounded by Confederate flags with the quote saying "I have a Dream" akin to Martin Luther King's speech. Apparently his website also has quite a few things that should pretty much eliminate him for ANY KIND of candidacy. And as it says in the article, he said all of these things are inspired by Donald Trump.

http://media-cdn.timesfreepress.com/...4d9f1ad3c7.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so a racist decided to run for office? Does he have a good chance of being elected? Because lots of jackholes run for office every day, we dismiss most of them because they'll NEVER WIN.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The conservative in me wants to say that this is pride and not racism.

But the rational in me can't get over how stupid and in your face the message is. I can imagine this guy at a convention saying " I ain't racist. I love the niggers and the wetbacks." Lol.

I say he's anti trump and just wants to use this to smear trump.

Do I want to be banned today? Nah. I'm pretty bored this afternoon. So;

This was awkward. Can't believe he did that.

Worth noting that he's not a Republican, but running as an Independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I say he's anti trump and just wants to use this to smear trump.
    They quoted him saying that it was inspired by Trump. So, you can't just claim something because you want your boy to win.

7+ Year Old Account
    The things people do.... what kind of mindset does it take to think that that is ok? I'm laughing here; its just hilarious to me that someone thought that billboard was a good idea. Granted, at the same time, scary to me that someone thought that that billboard was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The things people do.... what kind of mindset does it take to think that that is ok? I'm laughing here; its just hilarious to me that someone thought that billboard was a good idea. Granted, at the same time, scary to me that someone thought that that billboard was a good idea.
    A surprisingly large amount of racists think everyone is racist, they're just "too PC" to show it. Or "too scared" of whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see how much of the vote he gets. XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I want to see how much of the vote he gets. XD
    I'd want to watch the political debate on what his actual plans are. Deportation (to where?), genocide, hide them somewhere?

Honestly, it is better to have a person that is just straight up racist because that is at least the evil that one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They quoted him saying that it was inspired by Trump. So, you can't just claim something because you want your boy to win.
    I'm not sure your point. He was quoted as saying this, which is what makes me think he's taking it 1 step farther to make a point. I dislike this type of nonsense regardless of who is getting the smear.

T-dawg isn't my boy and he's not going to win. If you look far enough back, you'll see I said Hillary was going to win when the election season started. Not because I'm pro Hillary either.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are a handful of states where little news that comes out of them surprises me anymore. TN is one, Mississippi still has the lead in that regard though.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-the-Wheel-Act

As a Tennessean, I feel the need to clarify that this is just some hillbilly who owns a convenience store in a one-stoplight town and likes to use his money on billboards. He's run before and received I believe 0.7% of the vote in his own district, probably half of which were just picking a name on the ballot. He's only in the news because one site picked up on his billboard ripping off Trump's slogan and then a bunch of others jumped on the bandwagon. The ones that actually run in depth stories show what a joke this guy is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    As a Tennessean, I feel the need to clarify that this is just some hillbilly who owns a convenience store in a one-stoplight town and likes to use his money on billboards. He's run before and received I believe 0.7% of the vote in his own district, probably half of which were just picking a name on the ballot. He's only in the news because one site picked up on his billboard ripping off Trump's slogan and then a bunch of others jumped on the bandwagon. The ones that actually run in depth stories show what a joke this guy is.
    I live in TN as well, and although this guy is a knuckle-dragging half wit, the problem is anyone like him still thinking he/she can do this stuff. It says a lot more about the South than it does about the individual.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is having a white country racist? Are African and Asian countries also racist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Okay, so a racist decided to run for office? Does he have a good chance of being elected? Because lots of jackholes run for office every day, we dismiss most of them because they'll NEVER WIN.
    See, that's what I said when Trump announced his candidacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    How is having a white country racist? Are African and Asian countries also racist?
    Uh . . . because more than white people live here? I mean, think about it for a minute. Make America "White" Again. What does that mean for all the blacks or the Indians or the Hispanics or the [Insert Non-White Here]?

How is this anything but racist?
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Uh . . . because more than white people live here? I mean, think about it for a minute. Make America "White" Again. What does that mean for all the blacks or the Indians or the Hispanics or the [Insert Non-White Here]?

How is this anything but racist?
    Based on the sign he isn't saying non-whites have to leave or that they should have less citizen rights.

I think this Rick Tyler is pulling a prank on us.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Based on the sign he isn't saying non-whites have to leave or that they should have less citizen rights.
    Then what the hell does "Make America White Again" even mean?
    Putin khuliyo