Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    How many young people did not vote? Saying your vote didn't matter cause you lost is ignorant.

I bet it's more than 2 million. Their votes did matter. As proven by the fact that they would have stopped this had they voted. But they didn't.

Compare that to America where someone can win the popular vote, but lose an election via delegates.
    If I knew that Leave would cause so much butthurt on the internet, I definitely would have gone out and voted leave. Good thing I didn't need to in the end, had more important stuff to do than vote anyway, like cooking my dinner that night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    You can have a second referendum once you put all your toys back in your prams
    farage said a 52/48 result would not be the end.

the campaign for a second referendum was started by a leave voter in case they lost.

Leave has lied repeatedly and has backtracked on pretty much everything already, and they have no plan on where to go, its utter chaos here in the political circles, no direction no leadership no plan no action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Because that's how democracy works. If we don't like the results we just re-vote.
    that is exactly how democracy works......

Deleted
    Apparently the petition has 39 thousand signatures from the Vatican...

... a place of only 800 people.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post

Must be all the angles and ghosts, man.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I need a source. Not cause I don't believe, but because I would find that fucking amazingly funny.

Deleted
    I just read something about how Scotland is planning to block the brexit. She (first minister) is going to ask Scottish parliament to block the brexit as Scottish parliament can't vote in favour of something that effects Scotland negatively.
    Last edited by mmoc4a3002ee3c; 2016-06-26 at 09:09 PM. Reason: words -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I need a source. Not cause I don't believe, but because I would find that fucking amazingly funny.
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...en-manipulated

Thank you so much for this.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unfortunately that seems common in today's politics

Scotland voted IN regarding UK
    2 years later Scotland wants ANOTHER referendum

UK voted OUT regarding EU
    2 days later IN crowd want ANOTHER referendum
    UK voted IN regaring EU
    43 years later they wanted a new referendum..

Obviously asking for one days after is stupid, but the UK will be a very different deal for scotland without the EU package, I'd guess they view the uk worse than you the eu, scotland is a democracy and should be in their right to decide the future for their country, currently the english is doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twelve years later: Great Britain is having a referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to overturn their referendum to leave the EU.
    Putin khuliyo

There won't be another referendum.

Theres a load of points to learn from this and thats all they can take out of it
    1) Young people, maybe you should fucking vote next time instead of sitting on your useless arses and then crying after the fact
    2) People in the "stay" camp maybe stop using bullshit figures about the economy and cotton on that you need to win peoples hearts, not just their minds. You thought the most important political decision of the era was a done deal. Yea, oops!

In retrospect there should have never been a referendum. We vote people into power to lead. It's the leaders job to say "This is my position - if you disagree then oust me in the next election". Instead the government handed the decision over to pensioners and racists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unfortunately that seems common in today's politics

Scotland voted IN regarding UK
    2 years later Scotland wants ANOTHER referendum
    It takes a special kind of stupid to not see how Scotland was duped by the UK. If they had known the UK was moving out of the EU they would've voted very differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It takes a special kind of stupid to not see how Scotland was duped by the UK. If they had known the UK was moving out of the EU they would've voted very differently.
    They weren't duped at all. Circumstances have changed. It's a big difference.

4chan inflated the votes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you are so up in arms about 2nd ref: why not scrap the 1st too ? Remember: thursday ref is also NOT BINDING.

It doesn't matter if uk leaves the EU, Scottland will go for independence and thats good chunk of people lost right there and a lot of valuable economy.

From what i hear Scottland doesn't wanna leave and the majority if not every on in there voted to stay in.

At this point UK will reap what they saw and they will have to deal with it.
    Their currency has already plummeted and it will continue to get even more ugly for them.

UK isn't the so glamouros as some might think, there are a lot of outside factors that make their economy what it is and once UK isn't valuable enough for those people they will lose even more revenue.

All in all they should of stuck with the devil they know now they have 2 options.
    Either bend over and die or fight and try to stay alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yeah no.
    Scottland got played it is just that black and white.
    Who would of tough politicians lie..

Such referendums have to have overwhelming result. And that is not something that happened here.
    Will there be a second one? Probably not, but with all that is happening (NI and Scotland threats, Gibraltar issue, the petition, economic and moral shock already happening, Parliament being against exit), it is not impossible.
    Last edited by Easo; 2016-06-26 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Either way it's a good reason for them to hold their referendum again.

Can someone explain these referendums t me?

Like, can any "country" or territory call for a vote and go solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    you mean like the 22 votes on obamacare after it passed.
    or the hundreds on abortion

or the etc etc etc

its how a democracy works.
    OT but last i checked i never go to vote on either those... apple meet orange.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22