Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You'd get to 400 before you got tired of selecting. Who are you kidding? "398,399, 400...OMFG THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING! IM DONE! SOMEONE GET ME A HOT PEPPERONI HOT POCKET!"
    Not really.

I was gonna say 300 since I personally know of 200 or so people I like. But I raised it to 1 million cause I'd need to have experienced leaders in various nations as well as people that can contribute like scientists and philosophers.

So no, I would not get tired. Especially when I can simply say "all living Nobel lauriettes must survive". Plus, I'm in no rush to die. I'll be buying myself and the human race some time. Why rush this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'm human, so yeah. If I had to choose between only me dying or everyone including me dying, why would I take everyone else down with me?
    Cause humans are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    So wait... Is this a situation where either I die, or I die? As in, either my sacrifice guarantees the survival of the human race or choosing not to kills everyone including me? Because in that situation, it would be kind of pointless not to do it. Or is this a person X was going to give their life for everyone's survival, but I volunteer to take their place?
    So I forgot to add that if nobody survives they will pick 300 people at random to die. Would you volunteer if it meant saving a family member? your child maybe?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Not a fat fucking chance. These are the same assholes who won't even let you merge in traffic, and you expect me to give my life for them? Enjoy the fiery apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I forgot to add that if nobody survives they will pick 300 people at random to die. Would you volunteer if it meant saving a family member? your child maybe?

I'd pull a Katniss.

- oh, some guy I know is getting selected to die? Okay. (Crickets)
    - My kid gets selected ? I VOLUNTEER!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for clarifying. I don't know that I could. I've been too close to death a couple times this year and its a scary place to be. Who knows what might happen if I was really faced with that situation though.

If the human race needed "saving" as in I was certain to die anyway, then possibly.
    If I had someone I wanted to save then most likely, but if I hadn't anyone left and people had annoyed me a lot recently, then I might not be so willing given there would be nobody left to complain about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

As long as it meant that MY SON, MY FAMILY, continued to live... without hesitation, without regret. In that case it is not even a question it is a foregone conclusion.
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz, Win 7 Ult 64-bit, Ram Crucial Ballistix Sport (4x8) 32GB DDR3 @ 799MHz, Mobo ASUSTeK Z97-A, Zalman Air Cooler, Monitors (3) - DELL 2709W (1), DELL E2414H (x2), Drives Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(x2)SSD in Raid 0, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM 3.5" @ 7200 rpm, Samsung T1 500GB USB 3.0 External SSD, EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ w/BP, Fractal Design Arc XL, EVGA Supernova NEX750B, HL-DT-ST BD-RE Cd-R optical, G710 Mechanical Keyboard, G500 Gaming Mouse

I was gonna comment but all the edge in this thread cut my fingers clean off.

Bunch of douche nozzles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if it meant saving my family (and they definitely fall under the blanket of "Humanity")
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If it meant saving the human race would you volunteer to die?
    Why would I sacrifice myself to save the thing I hate and want to die?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I was gonna comment but all the edge in this thread cut my fingers clean off.

Bunch of douche nozzles.

So you decided to comment...

Try again. Your wit is dull compared to the edge we have here.

Nope. The premise is faulty.

If I am dead, the state of the human race is irrelevant. If I choose to live I am dead with the rest. Zero is the outcome no matter choice.

Deleted
    I'd probably volunteer to die if it meant killing off the human species completely. I mean, it's inevitable for me anyway, so might as well do something significant when I go. Besides, everything ends when I die, so it makes no difference whether the human species continues on or not. Would just be a fun thought to go out on.

Yeah I probably would. I like the world.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never volunteer to die. Fight to the death.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely we can send the robot or the mutant into the radiation chamber instead?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Never volunteer to die. Fight to the death.
    Agreed. /10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    So wait... Is this a situation where either I die, or I die? As in, either my sacrifice guarantees the survival of the human race or choosing not to kills everyone including me? Because in that situation, it would be kind of pointless not to do it. Or is this a person X was going to give their life for everyone's survival, but I volunteer to take their place?
    Maybe if you do it, then you die right away, but if you don't, then you still have a few years to live - but in the end, everyone dies?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Surely we can send the robot or the mutant into the radiation chamber instead?

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. /10

Nah man. Boss says hi fix that shit now or you're fired.

nope to the nope, nope, nope.

Deleted
    Ladies first.