Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Scotland wanting another referendum but wants to stay as a EU member. I thought they wanted independence? *confused*
    They wanted to do their own thing without being chained to a bunch of crazy people in England's parliament. They wanted to stay in the EU from the start, heck they even wanted to keep old Lizzy as their head of state. The reason why they stayed was pretty much because the whole EU deal was highly uncertain and just for a bit of patriotism it wasn't worth it. Now the rest of the UK just took a huge dump on their face and did the very opposite thing that made them stay.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-06-26 at 09:17 PM. Reason: *tryed to be clever by using topical wording and mixed them up. Westminster Abbey is not the home of the parliament :p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am not even sure that the EEA membership is enough to justify a rate to trade in Euro-denominated financial products to be honest. That will at the very least have to clarified and likely added in. If a UK government takes the UK out of the EU just to join the EEA then that government should just be tried for treason imo.
    Well i'm totally with you. If you want to be in the EU market - stay in EU. If you want out, get out as fast as you can and stay out.

The really dumb idea is that you can leave EU and try to pick the best out of EU. That won't work and won't happen. The EU won't move. You'd get worse conditions than just simply staying in EU.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-06-26 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    Of course not but it stands to reason if we educate the burden on importers prices could go down no?
    So you are prepared to lower your standards?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    I know that:
    1. Instead of checking to see if "Refugees" are from Syria or Iraq, aka wartone zones, "Mamma Merkel" decided to just open the floodgates to people from all over MENA.
    2. As a result of this, Cologne, New Years Eve happened.
    3. As a result of that, the right wing has begun to rise.
    4. As a result of that, well, we'll see. My predictions is that one of these two scenarios happens. You either lose everything or become what your sought to destroy and avoid an attempt to be destructively altruistic. Die Ironie

Thank you. I know of this, but given the thinness of the vote, there was obviously a tipping point for some people. When you're in a political Union that wants it's own army and want's EVERYONE to jump on board it's common currency. yet can't tell when it's being played for a complete fool by economic migrants... eh IMO the BS ends there.

Bingo, we have a winner.

There was something (see a few (maybe 20) pages back) about David Cameron saying he would pull the trigger on Article 50 the day after the referendum or so and then not doing so so as to pass the responsibility onto his successor.

Gnite all, had to drop the $0.02 before this thread died down.
    As I suspected. Ramble something about refugees and move on.
    Similar to this brexit topic, its not anyone's job to make you inform yourself. If you want to fail western society and hide in propaganda and ignorance feel free, but, as the ones that got played by the "leave" side, keep in mind, you are failing as a member of your community.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    As I suspected. Ramble something about refugees and move on.
    Similar to this brexit topic, its not anyone's job to make you inform yourself. If you want to fail western society and hide in propaganda and ignorance feel free, but, as the ones that got played by the "leave" side, keep in mind, you are failing as a member of your community.

And how did telling people to "educate themselves" work for you?

Next time I want to get people to see my point, I'll tell them that it's their own responsibility to learn why it would be bad to vote for something I am against. I'm sure that works all the time.

Not saying the dude is right. I am just saying that people do not respond well to that tactic. If you want to change minds, you bring the info and explain it in a way that makes them understand as well as care.

If the world will end if you do not blow up a meteor, you don't tell folks it's on them to find out why it's good. You don't show them charts and give raw numbers on the reduction of populations and how ecosystems will suffer.

You tell them we will all die if this doesn't happen, point to the meteor , and be like "even if you use a shelter, there isn't enough for most of us".
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-06-26 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    we had a referendum in 75. yes, i remember.
    But you joined in 73.
    it was never meant to be more than a trade trade treaty
    Having read the founding documents, yes it is - Hell it was clear when the UK joined too - You were a driving force for it for gods sake.
    & i do believe it is US - the great BRITISH public - that is done with YOU!!
    Eh, No, we are currently eagerly awaiting the divorce papers, as soon as you say the magic words...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What if scotland secedes, then the UK isn´t the UK anymore and they don´t have to leave the EU, right? ^^
    No, because they wouldn't be successor to UK. They'd still need to go through accession. Though as a former EU country that have been subject to EU legislature for over 40 years they probably meet most of the criteria already. The most uncertain aspects would be the economical ones, but if Bulgaria and Romania can join these ones aren't that high apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    And how did telling people to "educate themselves" work for you?

Next time I want to get people to see my point, I'll tell them that it's their own responsibility to learn why it would be bad to vote for something I am against. I'm sure that works all the time.
    It doesnt "work" for me. It's not my job to make people educate themselves. If they want to believe "Merkel invited refugees" their fault. If they want to believe "350 millions in health services" their fault

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well for now we only have a lame internal tory vote in 3 months. Setting up a proper election would be off at least the same amount of time. I also wouldn't call Johnson calm. The guy is currently losing a lot of sleep, because he is the one that is next in line to take the poisoned chalice. We will see how things are after Tuesday's meeting of the EU leaders and the subsequent meeting on Wednesday without the UK. I doubt we will see anything substantial until then..
    The EU meeting won't have any result. The EU will stay hard: either the UK wants to get out for real - then they shouldn't wait so the neogatiations start and we can focus on other problems. Or they don't want to get out. What is currently not sayable by any politician and won't happen - at least not that close to the referendum.

So i expect the EU to repeat their demand for a fast decision. And Cameron will say that he's not gonna trigger Art. 50.

In the end, it's more an internal problem within the UK government.

Deleted
    Pssst, every leave voter I speak to is a xenophobe. Pass it on.

On a serious note, i'm having a hard time post brexit, in a majority leave town (65%), to identity with where i come from. It might sound stupid but i can't look at people the same way. Their reasons for a leave vote are shallow, and mostly xenophobic - "Send the Paki's and the Poles back". How is this acceptable? Why isn't lightning striking down and smiting these fucking morons?

This whole referendum has opened a shitty can of worms. I want to go back to a week ago.
    Last edited by mmoc5f895d60a9; 2016-06-26 at 09:21 PM.

It doesnt "work" for me. It's not my job to make people educate themselves. If they want to believe "Merkel invited refugees" their fault. If they want to believe "350 millions in health services" their fault
    I mean yeah, it's not your job as an individual. But as a whole, if you want to convince people to see your view, it is your responsibility to "educate" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    but if Bulgaria and Romania can join these ones aren't that high apparently.
    Those two countries were rushed and not ready to join, because the EU wanted a land bridge to Greece and barrier between Serbia and Russia. All of the economic issues where ignored because of politics.

This is why the EU will fall. It rushed politics instead of making it's members more prosperous.

I mean yeah, it's not your job as an individual. But as a whole, if you want to convince people to see your view, it is your responsibility to "educate" them.
    Dajil can't educate anyone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Eh, No, we are currently eagerly awaiting the divorce papers, as soon as you say the magic words...
    An ex Brit already started a campaign for the UK government to honor democracy. I'd advice the stalwart defenders of democracy to go over there and sign it. Currently the other petition is like 3.5 millions ahead. I hope they evaluate it soon so that the major public can sign it.

Deleted
    There's tons of material on both topics analysing in detail what's happening.

Deleted
    I want to see Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage leading Brexit negotations, can i have this pleasure ? , common Brits force them to do it

Quote Originally Posted by drakus View Post
    I want to see Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage leading Brexit negotations, can i have this pleasure ? , common Brits force them to do it

I want this clown to be the new british prime minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

I want this clown to be the new british prime minister.
    I hope they install lifestream cameras in the G7 / 8 conference rooms when trump and this guy are taking part.

There's tons of material on both topics analysing in detail what's happening.
    And there are runs of material on climate change. Expecting folks to go out of their way to read it all is a fools errand. Especially if a major vote regarding how we deal with it is looming near.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    er, yes. youre going to have to wait until WERE ready to tell YOU what when we are going to go.
    its not your decision, its OURS. now run along & be patient, theres a good little european.