Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't they realize how fukin stupid it will be to raid and kill bosses as melee and even ranged?? Most of the bosses are huge and all u gonna see is its feet or whatever. With zoomout possibility u could actually see the entire boss. Was not sure if i buy this expansion, but if this goes live im sure i wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinetha View Post
    It's not unfair because anyone can do it all they have to do is copy paste a line of text once.
    It's unfair to the game itself. The in-game max camera distance is what should be allowed. Being able to see 100%+ more of the area allows a player to see threats coming where they wouldn't have using the actual in-game max distance. It's like playing Dota and being able to see your whole lane and the jungle next to you - it completely ruins game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Honestly, this seems unnecessary and just takes away more control. The vast majority of people were probably only using it to take screenshots or to get a better view of a zone, not for a "competitive advantage".

This is especially stupid when combined with the new draw distance.
    Uh, I highly doubt that. In that case I normally just zoom in until it's 'first person' then take a few steps back from where I was and take the shot. Camera Distance really doesn't do anything unless it's a slight height angle or a vertical shot.

On the other hand, I remember the days of Malygos.... "Dude, you need to make this macro so we can beat this fight!"(when what it really was was our group didn't know how to heal on drakes on the last phase)

I use the max zoom out because I'm visually impaired. This may change my legion order :/ Not looking forward to getting headaches again with the limited camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    It's unfair to the game itself. The in-game max camera distance is what should be allowed. Being able to see 100%+ more of the area allows a player to see threats coming where they wouldn't have using the actual in-game max distance. It's like playing Dota and being able to see your whole lane and the jungle next to you - it completely ruins game mechanics.
    Lol that is total BS. It doesn't ruin game mechanics at all. As a matter of fact, people still fail with that extra view, so it'll only get worse with a smaller PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunal View Post
    I just hope I'm able to play without nausea or a headache. I play fully zoomed out, I have since I returned to WoW in mop, but in Grimrail it forces a close camera angle in most areas, which forces me to swing my camera a lot and I always come out of that dungeon with nausea and/or a headache. I've heard this complaint a lot. So to the people saying it is impossible or excessive to say that some will be physically unable to play the game, it is entirely possible. If the new camera zoom gives me nausea and headaches all the time, I'm not going to be sick all the time to play WoW. I'd hate to go, but I'm not going to be miserable playing and raiding hours every day. I don't know how it will make me feel, but it seems a change with only a downside.
    For those that said this is BS....you're idiots. Quite a lot of people are unable to play first person shooters for this same reason....dizziness, nausea, and headaches. Some are more sensitive to it than others and the max camera distance command helped alleviate those issues. It would be a shame to have to stop playing something you've enjoyed for 8 years simply b/c of a change like this but....<shrug> People aren't going to pay for something that makes them sick. Think car sickness....same type of thing. Hope Blizzard rethinks this issue.

I know that my voice doesn't really matter in this, but I want to put in my 2 cents. I've played with the max camera expanding variable for as long as I've known of its existence in the 11 years I've played, which is most of them. I raid casually, but mostly I just level my alts and enjoy being in the game. Much like when a new patch comes out and it takes awhile to get it updated and you have to play without it for awhile and it makes playing much less enjoyable, this change is going to be depressing.

Much like another person posted earlier in this thread, I find that being able to zoom out further helps prevent the headaches and nausea that I get when I have to play at the regular zoom levels. Without the extra zoom, the sick feeling doesn't kick in right away, but it builds and cuts my time that I'm able to play quite drastically. The same thing happens when I play Minecraft for any time at all.

I had the same issue with the falling snow in Frostfire... having to move through it, much like driving through snow in real life, made me feel motion sickness almost immediately. Nothing is more fun than having to limit your game time because it makes you feel sick.

After this long of having this as an option, and getting used to it, I'm really disappointed that they're taking it away from us as another "Well.. we wanted to do it this way all along but we're finally just getting around to taking care of it" thing. I've played with the new distance settings in alpha/beta and I'm already having to deal with getting headaches. I do not like it. Blizzard won't care though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The further you zoom out the less profit Blizzard gets.
    True, since there is something called lines of code that they have to store on servers. More storage needed means more overhead spent = less profit margin. Same reason they wipe stats from gear when you drop it into Void Storage. Less data to store and retrieve.

Over millions of instances, players, characters, and stats, it all adds up pretty quickly.

Try to keep up, kid.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-26 at 09:49 PM.

"Do you play smart, or do you not have a fucking clue about how much better your life could be yet?" - This entire argument summed up properly.

EDIT: Okay so I actually read the article, and this is the stupidest shit in the world, so fucking stupid, that I know they're just trying to make me quit, so I'll do the exact opposite and stay subbed, suck my dick blizzard.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2016-06-26 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    Hundreds of millions, huh. Tell me more about these "possibilities." The clarity with which you seem to grasp all concepts surrounding this game. Always so free of logic pitfalls.
    Notice how I said possible customers. Obviously they're not going to get 100% of the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    I had edited my above post before I saw this, which is really more in line with what you're saying. Actually, I've always hated the tight, cramped areas because they're too hard to see wtf is going on to respond well to mobs. I think it's also a cheap way to create a certain difficulty in lieu of using other mechanics.
    It totally is. Also there were a lot of complaints when spine of deathwing came out with people saying the motion was making them sick. They ignored this and made grimrail. Again the same complaints that when the doors open up and you can see the movement of the land passing by it was making people sick. I'm not entirely up with the beta and legion but isn't there another one with a ship? So they don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    Lol that is total BS. It doesn't ruin game mechanics at all. As a matter of fact, people still fail with that extra view, so it'll only get worse with a smaller PoV.
    How is that total BS? It's visual fact. If you're able to see more of the field of play, the better you're able to react to what you can see in that field of play. Simple concept.

If a boss fight has mechanics that come from behind you, or you're facing away from the boss and he's about to do a one shot in a certain direction (Iron Reaver) - a player with the normal max ranged zoom will sometimes die because their field of view is restricted. When you double that field of view, you're clearly able to see those mechanics coming, making the boss significantly less of a threat.

Therefore, the intended game mechanics for the intended camera angles are ruined. The people that still fail with this extra view are inherently inexperienced or bad players that need to get better. Buckle up and prepare to learn how to play the way that it was intended.

Edit: I'm also not saying what they're taking away doesn't suck for a lot of people. I would be happy if they had different camera settings for the zones you're in. If you're in any PvP, Dungeon, or Raid content, the max view distance should be limited to what it is in-game right now. For everything else, let people go crazy with their view distance, I don't care.
    Last edited by Vorality; 2016-06-26 at 10:07 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    summing up the wow community:

"omg blizzard pruning makes the game easier, stop it"
    "omg blizzard higher camera distance makes the game easier, dont remove it"
    What a deceiving argument. One is about complexity of gameplay and more options to perform as a character, the other is quality of life existing for years in WoW. You can legitimately BITCH about both issues. Some people may want a more difficult to play char in a wide environment, you know?

How is that total BS? It's visual fact. If you're able to see more of the field of play, the better you're able to react to what you can see in that field of play. Simple concept.

If a boss fight has mechanics that come from behind you, or you're facing away from the boss and he's about to do a one shot in a certain direction (Iron Reaver) - a player with the normal max ranged zoom will sometimes die because their field of view is restricted. When you double that field of view, you're clearly able to see those mechanics coming, making the boss significantly less of a threat.

Therefore, the intended game mechanics for the intended camera angles are ruined. The people that still fail with this extra view are inherently inexperienced or bad players that need to get better. Buckle up and prepare to learn how to play the way that it was intended.
    talking about intended mechanics and field of view. the very boss models contradict they're reasoning for this anyways. what's the point of making a boss 10 stories high if you cant zoom out enough to actually tell what your looking at, let alone see boss mechanics and abilities around the damn thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    talking about intended mechanics and field of view. the very boss models contradict they're reasoning for this anyways. what's the point of making a boss 10 stories high if you cant zoom out enough to actually tell what your looking at, let alone see boss mechanics and abilities around the damn thing...
    That's part of what makes a boss hard, lmfao. Why don't people get this? Do people really not want hard game play? A bigger boss model, yes, restricts the field of vision - WHICH MAKES THEM MORE CHALLENGING. My lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    What a deceiving argument. One is about complexity of gameplay and more options to perform as a character, the other is quality of life existing for years in WoW. You can legitimately BITCH about both issues. Some people may want a more difficult to play char in a wide environment, you know?
    Yeah I would have no issue with pruning if they made the core rotations harder and more complex. I don't consider the zoom out making the game easier, just less annoying. I consider boss timers to make the game MUCH more easier. But Ion thinks they're fine.

- - - Updated - - -

That's part of what makes a boss hard, lmfao. Why don't people get this? Do people really not want hard game play? A bigger boss model, yes, restricts the field of vision - WHICH MAKES THEM MORE CHALLENGING. My lord.
    It doesn't make the boss more challenging to ranged classes who get to stand away from it. It makes melee and tanks unfairly unable to see shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The further you zoom out the less profit Blizzard gets.
    That seems to be the theory. Like a lot of other stuff it doesn't make any sense but it doesn't really have to. Blizzard changed something and the usual people are busy trying to one-up one another with posts that verge on satire. Riots in the streets? Ok, sure. That's likely to happen.

Less code? Ha ha. Compared to the assets and codes being added for the expansion? Besides the code is probably still there, just commented out.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-06-26 at 10:18 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think your confusing words like "difficulty" and "challenging" with "clunky" and "unintuitive". being hard simply because you cant tell wtf is going on and actually being challenging are two entirely different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That seems to be the theory. Like a lot of other stuff it doesn't make any sense but it doesn't really have to. Blizzard changed something and the usual people are busy trying to one-up one another with posts that verge on satire. Riots in the streets? Ok, sure. That's likely to happen.

Except it does make sense from a purely business/profit standpoint, if you look at it objectively as I pointed out above. Since Blizz hasn't given any sensible reason for it other than "it's more fair to those who don't know about CVars", I'm hard pressed to think of another motive, especially when we've seen everything else they've done over the years that has in the end been profit-driven.

You know what, Lisa? If it looks, quacks, and walks like a duck...it's usually a duck.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    Holy shit I think they have seriously underestimated the amount of people who use the camera script and the amount of outrage this would generate.

Pretty safe to assume they didn't come to this decision based on players feedback, it's been a thing so long no one even brings it up, meaning someone brainstormed on this and presented it to the team during some meeting. Who is that bag of asses? Seriously, this person should never be allowed to have ideas without adult supervision again.
    The same idiot who thought to nerf water walking mounts to their respective expansions (blue to MoP, red to WoD), probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    I think your confusing words like "difficulty" and "challenging" with "clunky" and "unintuitive". being hard simply because you cant tell wtf is going on and actually being challenging are two entirely different things.
    I think you're confusing words like "clunky and "unintuitive" with "I'm bad" and "Why is this so hard".

Kidding obviously...but really, I have no trouble at all, along with many other people, to play with the in-game max view distance while fighting any boss. I've been playing with the current in-game max view distance for 11 years and have never complained nor knew about being able to extend it further.

If you're unable to play the game at the current max view distance (outside of being impaired physically with motion sickness and what not), then you're just an inexperienced player.