Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would date their kids instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it would depend on the age of the kid, basically what the kids needs would be. Also all the other reasons, why aren't both parents around or maybe they are which for me sounds even worse. As in they share the kid but aren't together. Then it really depends on said parent, I mean are they dating material to begin with?

no. I don't need somebody who could possibly break up with me when we have kids of our own.
    Also, I would feel so bad for the children banging their mum. I can't imagined how I would have felt if my mother brought some other guy/s home.

People should focus more on keeping relationships working and not make children if they can't. I know that being a single parent is socially accepted nowadays, but I think it is a super shit concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Rate up!
    Rate up!
    Rate up!
    Rate up!
    How about Rate down.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    No. Only valid reason to give it some thoughts is when the biological dad passed away, else it's a major red flag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    How about Rate down.
    Yup. Not sure what about this over-generalisation would deserve being rated up.

Nope. At that age, I don't think sharing the relationship space with children produces successful partnerships.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but only because I don't want children (biologically mine or otherwise). I don't see anything inherently wrong with dating a person with children from a prior partner. Perfectly good people can have relationships that don't work out for one reason or another; I don't see any reason to read that as a red flag unless there are additional concerning variables at play.

That said, early 20s seems a rough spot to try a relationship that involves children. You're still sort of figuring yourself out at that point.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Being that I have a step-son as well as my biological son, yeah. I'd say it's fine. She left her previous marriage after she found out that he was running around on her.

Granted she wasn't the stereotype of a single mother working a dead-end job without any education or achievable plans. To me, having an unambitious partner, or one who isn't smart, good with money, etc...are the red flags. That and I knew that eventually I wanted children, and got to see how good of a mother she is.

Maybe if I was a few years younger and not ready to settle down, I would have turned down the relationship. But there is nothing inherently wrong with people who break up or get divorced. It's just sometimes children are involved.

No. It would make inheritance very complicated. Its does not feel good to give my property to a stranger not related by blood. i might as well give my property to Red Cross or Other charities than giving it someone elses children who is not related to me at ALL.

Nope. It shows that the mother has terrible judgement. I also have no desire to raise another person's child.

Deleted
    Generally speaking, hell no.

Deleted
    Maybe when Im 10y older.. and the guy has grown up children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    That's where you go wrong: they really don't deserve anything even close to me

Single mothers are the girl version of perma-unemployed creepy fat men: they're the loser's fallback option for those who really just can't do any better
    The truth..

IT BURNS

Lots of women out there, no need to date the questionable ones with baggage.

Nope, don't want kids, certainly don't want someone elses, it's one of those deal breakers for me like smoking and drinking (too much).

nope. as the woman i'd end up having to be the primary caregiver of his own kids. even if i didn't have have two of my own i wouldn't be interested in raising his kids.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    The truth..

IT BURNS

Lots of women out there, no need to date the questionable ones with baggage.

Or just sometimes Men can be total dickwads. Like the guy who is my biological father but I want nothing to do with him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

but what if she's a good girl and he was a bad guy...
    Only information given is that she has a kid. If you can choose between two women and one has a kid...

If you ask a different question like, "Would you date a wonderful woman with a kid or a shitty woman without a kid" then sure the answer will be different.

I'll date but I don't know if it would get serious. It greatly depends on a number of factors:

1. How often is the ex-SO around and how friendly are they to each other/me?
    2. Is the kid a shithead? I don't like shitheads.
    3. Is the kid still in baby years? If so, immediate no. I don't do well with babies.
    4. How much do I really like this person?

Edit: Not sure how relevant this is, but I'm male and homosexual. Didn't want to give bias since I'd only be going after guys anyways and women get custody way more often, but hey, if I liked the guy, they had a kid, and I didn't have to constantly see his ex, and the kid isn't a little cunt but does love video games, I'd be down and could easily get along with said kid.

PS: I'm shocked at how close-minded a lot of you guys are on here. Giving an immediate no regardless of circumstance is pretty scummy, but hey, that's just my two cents.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-06-26 at 10:06 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Fuck no. I have a great job, my own place, i look good, im charismatic, and i have a million other options. Im sure there are some really nice and attractive single moms but i dont want to raise a kid thats not mine. Thats too much to deal with at my age. I wanna take my woman out on a date, on vacation, to anywhere without having to worry about getting a babysitter.

I know it sucks to hear, but being a single mother drastically reduces your social status when it comes to dating and i wish you the best.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2016-06-26 at 10:17 PM.