Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Plenty of things could have happened.

I actually wasn't expecting Jon to become King in the North. Littlefinger just rode up with the biggest army in a thousand miles, and the last thing we heard from him regarding his desire was to be Warden of the North.

Some shit has to go down to explain how LF doesn't end up getting his way. Either Sansa turns around and screws him over, kills him, or somehow offers him an incredibly sweet deal that makes him leave.
    Oh they're doing something down that road alright, preview for ep10 established that. But the people in that gif seem to be turned towards Sansa more so then Jon. I say we get Queen in the north!

Gosh I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

I'm sure its Queen in the North to fit the "This season has the woman on the top" comment in one of those crap magazines (cant remember the name, sorry).

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of things could have happened.

I actually wasn't expecting Jon to become King in the North. Littlefinger just rode up with the biggest army in a thousand miles, and the last thing we heard from him regarding his desire was to be Warden of the North.

Some shit has to go down to explain how LF doesn't end up getting his way. Either Sansa turns around and screws him over, kills him, or somehow offers him an incredibly sweet deal that makes him leave.
    I think it would be pretty obvious why LF wouldn't become Warden of the North. The Northerners wouldn't accept anyone but a Stark and he feels he can manipulate Sansa.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I'm sure its Queen in the North to fit the "This season has the woman on the top" comment in one of those crap magazines (cant remember the name, sorry).
    People are getting upset over nothing; Cersei will lose everything, Margaery will likely end up dead, Daenerys is as close to Mary Sue as we'll ever get in the show.
    Sand Snakes are thankfully being ignored and will likely have only small part left before the show is over.

Sansa and Yara are the only interesting females left. And it makes no sense for Jon to go for King in the north: he has no ambition, no desire for power, and he's about to find out he's not Ned's son at all, I doubt he'd try and usurp the rightful Stark heir, it's just not in his personality.
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think it would be pretty obvious why LF wouldn't become Warden of the North. The Northerners wouldn't accept anyone but a Stark and he feels he can manipulate Sansa.
    I'm not saying he would. I'm saying LF had very clear aspirations for being Warden of the North, and there are plenty of ways the outcome of the Battle of the Bastards could have gone.

Sansa could have been queen. Sansa could have turned on Jon and took power for himself since virtually nobody knows he's actually part Stark.

People are getting upset over nothing; Cersei will lose everything, Margaery will likely end up dead, Daenerys is as close to Mary Sue as we'll ever get in the show.
    Sand Snakes are thankfully being ignored and will likely have only small part left before the show is over.
    Yeah I don't get the complaint. I'm usually one of the first people who jump on board the "SJW bullshit has infiltrated this thing," but I really don't get the complaints about the women rising to the top finally. It only took what, 6 seasons (And years and years before that chronologically) before the crumbling infrastructure that the Seven Kingdoms has been resting on to topple.

Also you're spot on. Cersei is about to fuck everything up and all of Margaery's scheming will probably lead to nothing since I think she's going to die in King's Landing (unfortunately since I really like her on the show, less in the books).
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-06-26 at 10:03 PM.

I'm not saying he would. I'm saying LF had very clear aspirations for being Warden of the North, and there are plenty of ways the outcome of the Battle of the Bastards could have gone.

Sansa could have been queen. Sansa could have turned on Jon and took power for himself since virtually nobody knows he's actually part Stark.
    Eh, there's no reason for Sansa to turn on Jon; he's not aspiring for leadership.

And whole north knows who Ned Stark's bastard is :S

Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    Eh, there's no reason for Sansa to turn on Jon; he's not aspiring for leadership.

And whole north knows who Ned Stark's bastard is :S
    :P I'm not saying she would or should! Just that a bunch of other things could have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    :P I'm not saying she would or should! Just that a bunch of other things could have happened.
    Keep in mind that I said that people were going to tout him as the King in the North. It wouldn't surprise me if everyone praises Jon and then he has to calm everyone down and remind them that his sister is a true Stark.

Sansa and Yara are the only interesting females left. And it makes no sense for Jon to go for King in the north: he has no ambition, no desire for power, and he's about to find out he's not Ned's son at all, I doubt he'd try and usurp the rightful Stark heir, it's just not in his personality.
    I like them both too!!!!! )))

However, I do feel a strong "Feminism is coming" vibe in the show. And I will not be shocked if women end up leading the show with men being sent off to fight and die in their name. And then we will get it pushed into our heads that this way is somehow better and progressive.

/shrug.

But that is just me speculating. I hope the show remains true to the spirit of the world they made, but the way the writers (or whoever) has been handling things this season, I feel that someone is letting their bias taint the story.

Having said that, Sansa outsmarting LF and taking control, and Yara winding up queen of her islands is plausible.

Dany coming in and saving the day and having everyone get along fine after is impossible.
    The sand snakes ruling Dorne is impossible.

Yeah I don't get the complaint. I'm usually one of the first people who jump on board the "SJW bullshit has infiltrated this thing," but I really don't get the complaints about the women rising to the top finally. It only took what, 6 seasons (And years and years before that chronologically) before the crumbling infrastructure that the Seven Kingdoms has been resting on to topple.

Also you're spot on. Cersei is about to fuck everything up and all of Margaery's scheming will probably lead to nothing since I think she's going to die in King's Landing (unfortunately since I really like her on the show, less in the books).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I like them both too!!!!! )))

However, I do feel a strong "Feminism is coming" vibe in the show. And I will not be shocked if women end up leading the show with men being sent off to fight and die in their name. And then we will get it pushed into our heads that this way is somehow better and progressive.

/shrug.

But that is just me speculating. I hope the show remains true to the spirit of the world they made, but the way the writers (or whoever) has been handling things this season, I feel that someone is letting their bias taint the story.

Having said that, Sansa outsmarting LF and taking control, and Yara winding up queen of her islands is plausible.

Dany coming in and saving the day and having everyone get along fine after is impossible.
    The sand snakes ruling Dorne is impossible.
    I feel people are getting it wrong, it's not the 'female leads all over' that is upsetting, it's that many of these stories are badly written and unenjoyable (bad poosy, dragons-in-the-sleeve etc).

I frickin' love Margaery and Cersei both (their storylines at least) and will mourn the loss of either. I just hope Sansa and Yara see better quality in the future of their stories than Dany or Dorne did.

I don't know anybody who thinks the Sand Snakes was good storytelling, but I don't really have that much of a problem with Dany and her dragons.

I just don't really like that character regardless.

I don't know anybody who thinks the Sand Snakes was good storytelling, but I don't really have that much of a problem with Dany and her dragons.

That's my point, if Dorne story (with the same development) had been handled with more quality and intelligence, opinions would be far more divided. As it is, however, it's the only storyline everyone agrees sucks completely.

Dany is a bit more complex at least, tho I still like her better in books.
    Last edited by Belial-sama; 2016-06-26 at 10:31 PM.

They're the biggest Deus Ex in a TV Show. They've saved her bacon plenty times and her only quality is that she was at the right place at the right time.

Draw parallels to the other Azor Ahai of the universe, Jon. Jon's bested the lands North of the Wall, he's had to sacrifice his love for Ygritte over duty, he gave up his life in winterfell to be part of the Watch and soon enough he's going to find out he's the rightful heir.

Daenerys learned how to ride dick, got her husband killed and through sheer dumb luck got 3 dragons.

I feel people are getting it wrong, it's not the 'female leads all over' that is upsetting, it's that many of these stories are badly written and unenjoyable (bad poosy, dragons-in-the-sleeve etc).

I frickin' love Margaery and Cersei both (their storylines at least) and will mourn the loss of either. I just hope Sansa and Yara see better quality in the future of their stories than Dany or Dorne did.

I'll give you that.

If Lady Mormont, Sansa, Yara, and even Cersi rose to power, I'd be cool. I'd watch an entire series dedicated to them vying for rule of the realm. Would be fun.

But Dany and the others are just awful stories. Dany is iffy though, but I do hate her.

Danys story wil be good (IMO) if what we think is true and she does fall hard. I am talking wind up like the mad King , hard. It would be tragic, and make so much sense. It would be a fun ride to see this naive little girl slowly become this ruthless dictator, all the while she is thinking she is "owed" the throne and it's her "right" to be queen.

But I honestly do not have faith in the writers without them having Martins source material.

This isn't a new problem, I donno why its suddenly come up now.

Dany's dragons have always been the deus ex in her story. Literally from the second they are born.

They have been in the books. They have been in the show. They always have been.

Like I said, I don't even really like Dany's story. Mirroring what Daario says to her in the show, she's the best when she's conquering. Unfortunately like 70% of her story is, instead, playing shit politics in Meereen. I'm slightly intrigued now that it seems like SHE'S FINALLY FUCKING LEAVING, but she's one of the least interesting characters on the show imo.

That being said I don't really find Jon Snow that interesting either. Maybe its because Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington aren't the best actors, imo, and they seem to have zero emotional range and only one face they can make. Although I didn't really find them that great in the books either so I donno.

For as much as people hate Sansa, I'm far more interested in what she's doing than Dany or Jon.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-06-26 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They're the biggest Deus Ex in a TV Show. They've saved her bacon plenty times and her only quality is that she was at the right place at the right time.

Draw parallels to the other Azor Ahai of the universe, Jon. Jon's bested the lands North of the Wall, he's had to sacrifice his love for Ygritte over duty, he gave up his life in winterfell to be part of the Watch and soon enough he's going to find out he's the rightful heir.

Daenerys learned how to ride dick, got her husband killed and through sheer dumb luck got 3 dragons.
    And her story could have been so good too. But yeah, I went from seeing her as girl growing into a warrior queen to either take vengeance of her insurpers, or to realize she is happy where she is. To a blonde girl that rides dick pretty well and has some pet dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a new problem, I donno why its suddenly come up now.

Dany's dragons have always been the deus ex in her story. Literally from the second they are born.

They have been in the books. They have been in the show. They always have been.

Like I said, I don't even really like Dany's story. Mirroring what Daario says to her in the show, she's the best when she's conquering. Unfortunately like 70% of her story is, instead, playing shit politics in Meereen. I'm slightly intrigued now that it seems like SHE'S FINALLY FUCKING LEAVING, but she's one of the least interesting characters on the show imo.

That being said I don't really find Jon Snow that interesting either. Maybe its because Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington aren't the best actors, imo, and they seem to have zero emotional range and only one face they can make. Although I didn't really find them that great in the books either so I donno.

For as much as people hate Sansa, I'm far more interested in what she's doing than Dany or Jon.
    I wonder if Dany really wants to rule. Remember what she said to Tyrion? "I don't want to stop the wheel, I want to break it." If she becomes Queen, with heirs of her own, she would be stopping the wheel, not breaking it. One of her titles is also "Breaker of Chains". Well, serfdom is not a lot better than being a slave. So, I wonder if she wants to gain power only to give it to the people. Or at least some of it. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives Meereen to Grey Worm and Missandei...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Keep in mind that I said that people were going to tout him as the King in the North. It wouldn't surprise me if everyone praises Jon and then he has to calm everyone down and remind them that his sister is a true Stark.
    Wouldn't be the first brother to defer to his sister in the show, either. (Precedence)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I wonder if Dany really wants to rule. Remember what she said to Tyrion? "I don't want to stop the wheel, I want to break it." If she becomes Queen, with heirs of her own, she would be stopping the wheel, not breaking it. One of her titles is also "Breaker of Chains". Well, serfdom is not a lot better than being a slave. So, I wonder if she wants to gain power only to give it to the people. Or at least some of it. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives Meereen to Grey Worm and Missandei...
    I'm a supporter of the theory that there won't be much of Westeros left after all is said and done so it won't even matter that much. I mean with Cersei poised to burn the entire capital to the ground in a 30 minutes and the white walkers coming, not to mention the Dothraki (who are going to fuck up stuff super hardcore) and dragons?

I don't know who will end up making it through, but Dany and Jon seem really likely that they will survive at least until the very end, if not through the entire thing. Which is unfortunate since they're both insufferable >.>

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dorne felt mostly superfluous with the way they kind of rushed through their story. I feel like they kept realizing last minute they had to do something with it.
    Yup. They realized they needed some movement there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I also don't think she'll be leaping at the chance to marry LF, the man responsible for her most recent trauma, any time soon. She has seen what women can do while ruling and may not think she needs a man to win this war... unless that man is on the battlefield of course, fighting for her.
    I didn't say she'd be "leaping". More that she'd do it if it achieved her aims.