Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    With modern medical techniques, stabbing someone fatally is considerably harder to do, you pretty much have to either kill the heart or sever the brain connection entirely for someone to cease existing, which hard to do unless you have a really large blade or are very skilled with the weapon.
    Not true....femoral artery, jugular vein...death in minutes. Jugular can be done with a pencil (or if you want to get fancy, a razor blade on the end of a pencil), femoral can be done with any type of blade or sharp object such as a scalpel.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Not true....femoral artery, jugular vein...death in minutes. Jugular can be done with a pencil (or if you want to get fancy, a razor blade on the end of a pencil), femoral can be done with any type of blade or sharp object such as a scalpel.
    It is still a lot harder to get in range with a bladed weapon to do severe damage like that, someone can easily fight back and if trained, disarm a knife wielder. It isn't hard to disarm someone with a knife either, and getting trained in doing so takes almost no time at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Shortly after Sandy Hook, there was a mass school stabbing in China.

IIRC, there were like twenty wounded but few, if any, died. So this perp, with a knife, was incapable of doing as much damage as Adam Lanza with his guns.

Yet we always hear this bullshit defense of "well knives/cars/bullshit kill people too!"

Guns are one of the most effective ways to kill people, that's the whole point. Bringing up knives and cars is a false equivalency. Cars have a completely different purpose and knives aren't nearly as effective for killing people.
    Recently a teenager in pickering Ontario just outside of Toronto here in Canada went on a stabbing rampage. Zero casualties....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    A car has a purpose beyond killing and injuring.
    I have many guns, use them all the time but have never killed or injured anyone, so they also have a purpose beyond killing and injuring.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Nothing can be said that would change the opinion of a gun nut, so I will simply say RIP. Hopefully the father can put his life back together having lost his entire family.
    he'll probably use a gun to kill himself within the year.
    I'm not purposely being an asshole either, I just can't care anymore.

my money is on that the mom found out the girls were both dating black men.

again, I'm not an asshole anymore. If congress does nothing, there clearly is no problem.

uses said handgun on her own fucking family...
    We're trying to save you from yourselves.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-26 at 10:16 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Shit sucks. That being said, i cant wait to buy a rifle. I have a remington 870 shotgun, and a fun little .22. I live in Maryland. Anyone have any good recommendations? I can get an AR-15 if I buy the heavy bore but im not sure i want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Shit sucks. That being said, i cant wait to buy a rifle. I have a remington 870 shotgun, and a fun little .22. I live in Maryland. Anyone have any good recommendations? I can get an AR-15 if I buy the heavy bore but im not sure i want to do that.
    use the AR-15 if you want to take out lots of people or lay down some suppression fire. save the shotgun for after the police put a few rounds in you and you're losing blood and getting dizzy. give the .22 to a younger sibling/neighbor

do I really need to say I'm joking?
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-26 at 10:24 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    use the AR-15 if you want to take out lots of people or lay down some suppression fire. save the shotgun for after the police put a few rounds in you and your losing blood.

do I really need to say I'm joking?
    Nah i want the rifle for shooting targets and for when i go camping. I dont want the heavy bore barrel because the added weight will suck when im carrying it around the woods all day. My friends and i like to go shooting a lot and only having a .22 as a "rifle" is pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Recently a teenager in pickering Ontario just outside of Toronto here in Canada went on a stabbing rampage. Zero casualties....
    I'd love to see a study that follows these people to see what permanent mental damage it does to survivors, ranging from overall social damage to personal damage they carry for the remainder of their lives. No one wants to talk about the person who was almost murdered who then gets severe PTSD and has problems forming relationships or holding a job.

Arguments like these crack me up, like stabbing victims get patched up and carry on with life like nothing has happened.

Reminds me of those new stories where girls have acid thrown on their face. The argument from people here would be, "Well at least she did not die like if it was a gun".

Lets make one thing clear, no one here gives a shit when people die unless a gun is involved because it is a hipster hot topic. Its just a reason to post up jokes at the expense of the dead and to America Bash. (tm)
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-26 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'd love to see a study that follows these people to see what permanent mental damage it does to survivors, ranging from overall social damage to personal damage they carry for the remainder of their lives. No one wants to talk about the person who was almost murdered who then gets severe PTSD and has problems forming relationships or holding a job.

Arguments like these crack me up, like stabbing victims get patched up and carry on with life like nothing has happened.

Reminds me of those new stories where girls have acid thrown on their face. The argument from people here would be, "Well at least she did not die like if it was a gun".

Lets make one thing clear, no one here gives a shit when people die unless a gun is involved because it is a hipster hot topic. Its just a reason to post up jokes at the expense of the dead and to America Bash. (tm)
    ya, being dead is a much better outcome for the families and loved ones of the victims of Sandy Hook, you've really reassured the families with this argument....

but it's good to hear the mass gun violence going on in America isn't affecting the social conscience just as severely.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70QVEp7d3O0

ya, being dead is a much better outcome for the families and loved ones of the victims.

but it's good to hear the mass gun violence going on in America isn't affecting the social conscience just as severely.
    I'm not making the argument that being dead is better, I am simply pointing out that if you get your face cut up or you get stabbed ten times in the gut and live, there are severe social consequences for society as a whole. People like to handwave knife attacks and its pretty naive.

I'd love to post some knife wounds up on here, but I doubt it will fly. Google at your own discretion.

Lets also keep in mind blunt objects like fist, feet, bats, and hammers kill more people than rifle and shotguns combined. Handguns are the only firearm that surpasses these.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-26 at 10:34 PM.

Nah i want the rifle for shooting targets and for when i go camping. I dont want the heavy bore barrel because the added weight will suck when im carrying it around the woods all day. My friends and i like to go shooting a lot and only having a .22 as a "rifle" is pretty lame.
    it seems you're making the argument to keep using the .22(weight and target practice, ammo)

Why do these nutjobs so often have to take someone with them? And what kind of argument would have made them do that?
    P.S.
    It IS much easier to kill with gun. Why do people have to argue with something so obvious...

I'm not making the argument that being dead is better, I am simply pointing out that if you get your face cut up or you get stabbed ten times in the gut and live, there are severe social consequences for society as a whole. People like to handwave knife attacks and its pretty naive.

I'd love to post some knife wounds up on here, but I doubt it will fly. Google at your own discretion.
    people that get into severe car accidents have similar anxieties, I was in one myself. That doesn't mean people should start an anti-seatbelt movement

it seems you're making the argument to keep using the .22(weight and target practice, ammo)
    Ya but .22's have no recoil and require no skill. It would be like never getting rid of your training wheels because its easier. Plus when we go camping, we set up the old propane tanks as targets. .22 ammo just ricochets off and thats dangerous. Need something stronger to shoot at that and the barrel that i have haha. Plus you cant hunt larger game with a .22. Where i camp there are a lot of bears as well as deer. It would be nice to have one gun that could protect me from bears, and still shoot deer at a distance.

people that get into severe car accidents have similar anxieties, I was in one myself. That doesn't mean people should start an anti-seatbelt movement
    Again, that is not my argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya but .22's have no recoil and require no skill. It would be like never getting rid of your training wheels because its easier. Plus when we go camping, we set up the old propane tanks as targets. .22 ammo just ricochets off and thats dangerous. Need something stronger to shoot at that and the barrel that i have haha. Plus you cant hunt larger game with a .22. Where i camp there are a lot of bears as well as deer. It would be nice to have one gun that could protect me from bears, and still shoot deer at a distance.
    Suppressed 300 Blackout is what you seek.

- no recoil
    - 30 caliber bullet jammed in a modified 5.56 case
    - if suppressed, as quiet or quieter than .22LR (subsonic ammo only)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    The thing is, had that woman not holded a weapon she wouldn't be able to kill her family, or at least it would have give some chance for the medics to save them
    Because ONLY a gun can be used to kill people /sarcasm.

Again, that is not my argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Suppressed 300 Blackout is what you seek.

- no recoil
    - 30 caliber bullet jammed in a modified 5.56 case
    - if suppressed, as quiet or quieter than .22LR (subsonic ammo only)
    I think i just need a bigger gun that is somehow legal in Maryland. It seems like any decent gun is illegal here. Im not super knowledgeable on all the laws and so its been hard to get anything. My friends all bought their guns 3 years ago before the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    no. nukes, switchblades, automatic machine guns, certain poisons/chemicals, among a giant list of other things are all made illegal because as you so eloquently put it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

Except it's been an ongoing topic for decades, well before the "hipster" meme was invented. It's only gotten more intense as the frequency of mass shootings has gone up, and the number of casualties has risen. Rightly so. And America gets bashed for very good reasons.

Again, see the Australia example.