...that is far better than what happened in the anime. The anime was all about Subaru, this was about Emilia and Roswaal. This focus makes so much more sense considering the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Remember guys, democracy only works when you get what you want.
    I chuckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    "Senjyogahara"
    This shit triggers me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    This shit triggers me so much.
    Like, how do you fucking romanize it like that? The "jo" sound implies "ji" and "yo" combined, but it's not like the syllable is pronounced "jiyo." On top of that, it's a long "o." Granted, the "o" could be romanized with or without the "u" behind it. But yeah. It annoyed the hell outta my gf too; was pretty funny watching a native JP speaker bitch about romanizing just to give up and literally say "well it's not a real language anyway, so fuck it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I never started the second season so I might as well dust off the BD's I have for S&W and join.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Like, how do you fucking romanize it like that? The "jo" sound implies "ji" and "yo" combined, but it's not like the syllable is pronounced "jiyo." On top of that, it's a long "o." Granted, the "o" could be romanized with or without the "u" behind it. But yeah. It annoyed the hell outta my gf too; was pretty funny watching a native JP speaker bitch about romanizing just to give up and literally say "well it's not a real language anyway, so fuck it."
    きょ
    じょ
    That's where it comes from. The rest is retarded translator that dropped the u. Long vs short is something that also triggers me so this shit is infuriating

きょ
    じょ
    That's where it comes from. The rest is retarded translator that dropped the u. Long vs short is something that also triggers me so this shit is infuriating
    Yeah, the first two kanji in her last name are literally "battlefield" or 戦場 "(せんじょう)." Why make it "jyo" instead of "jyō?" Oh, right, because figuring out how to type that "ō" when coding subs is tough. Drop the "y," add the "u." I could needlessly bitch about this all day. I know it's dumb to get hung up over, but "Senjyogahara" just looks fucking stupid and I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Can you just pick a torrent that you'd like to go with then? Because I don't really care about that.
    I own the BDs so it's not that big of a deal for me. The official subs seemed fine to me. As far as video quality and subs not being total anus, the two you picked are the best.

Also, instead of telling how this result doesn't suit your own idea of how this was going to turn out, I'd rather get some input on how you guys want to go about this now. We can still watch one of the other shows from the Top 5 after we're done with Spice & Wolf. That's what we did last time too.
    It's not like someone else can't take the reins and do a simultaneous watch/rewatch, too. Just gotta bear in mind we're scattered across several timezones and have differing amounts of free time so the rewatch schedule can't be too heavy. I'd likely join in with a second rewatch if it were something I wanted to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with this, how do we go out about pushing a discussion, particularly there will be a difference between those new to SnW and those not. Do we put the episode number we wnt to discuss? E.g. SnW S1E3 insert spoiler discussion here. Do we do free watch, or set a discussion point for X episodes a week?

10+ Year Old Account
    [SIZE=7][URL="http://i.imgur.com/qTVc31s.png"]Survey Results[URL][SIZE]
    Not my top choice, but I'll definitely rewatch it. Even though people give it shit (almost solely because Hemo likes it), it's a great show.

I'm personally for 4 episodes a week type thing. That would finish both seasons in about a month and a half.

Nice!

So I got THORA for S1, and I'd like to avoid "Horo" for S2, so which one should I get for S2?

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So with this, how do we go out about pushing a discussion, particularly there will be a difference between those new to SnW and those not. Do we put the episode number we wnt to discuss? E.g. SnW S1E3 insert spoiler discussion here. Do we do free watch, or set a discussion point for X episodes a week?
    What we always did was separate spoilers and ask that people mark them clearly. Have your spoilers for what's already been rewatched in one paragraph, then have a different spoiler paragraph for anything that hasn't been watched.

We'll generally have a schedule of 3-4 episodes per week, with a watch schedule of, say, Tuesday-Friday and a discussion schedule of Saturday-Monday or something of the sort. We're all over the world and have differing amounts of free time, so a slow, weekly schedule is the way we did the last two and it worked out pretty well. There will be a schedule list of episodes per week as well, usually 3-4 and broken into blocks so as not to interrupt story arcs too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Not my top choice, but I'll definitely rewatch it. Even though people give it shit (almost solely because Hemo likes it), it's a great show
    I've defended Hemo before; when he rates something highly, it's usually a pretty damn good show and S&W is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    If anyone managed to watch this without pausing I would probably assume they are a sociopath
    I didn't pause. Just turned the sound down.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Nice!

So I got THORA for S1, and I'd like to avoid "Horo" for S2, so which one should I get for S2?
    Looking into it.

Looking into it.
    Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Many thanks.
    Zurako's subs use Holo and look to be pretty good from the little bit I watched.

I wasn't super excited about S&W rewatch until I skimmed that episode to check the subs. Holo is literal god-tier amazing. Hard to believe that her and Ryuuko from KLK have the same actress.

It'll be a good rewatch show for the dub watchers too, since the dub is pretty good.

I think that'd be a bad idea. It'd probably get very confusing and people would have trouble participating in both of them.
    Could always pick different discussion days. But yeah the time investment of actually watching in order to participate is probably the bigger hurdle in making it harder to do.

I've never actually rewatched spice and wolf. Partially because I've read the manga and LN. When I have tried rewatching it I just never felt in the mood. Considering rewatching it for this. I'm curious what I'll rate it if I do.

Zurako and Yabai subs both use "Holo." Yabai looks pretty good actually, I think I'm going to use those.

Zurako and Yabai subs both use "Holo." Yabai looks pretty good actually, I think I'm going to use those.
    You don't like the Horo?

Deleted
    You don't like the Horo?

Sorry, my pr0toshop skills are too inferior to give Whoro-chan ears.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-06-26 at 10:50 PM.

I need my summer madness back. WTB like 10 chaps of ATG aday.