Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Leveling is pretty quick, as many have said. If you are focused on leveling, it probably takes in between 45 min and an hour and a half to level depending on zone, gear etc. Probably expect between 10-13 hours of play time to hit max level. Leveling doesn't really stop at max though, because a big focus early on is going to be farming artifact power to level the traits on your weapons.

For your first time? Expect an hour and a half per level assuming your gear isn't great and you don't care about lore or cut scenes at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I think he means starting at 55 aka a fresh death knight
    Nope, it was a premade level 100 DK. I'm just slow [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Should be around 15h if you play "normal" not speed levling and not slacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    The poster above you and what you said are extremely different unless I'm misunderstanding what you said.

He says it'll probably take him about 10-15 hours. Which is what it's been for expansions in the past usually.

You're saying it's taking you 56 hours? To go from 100 to 110 unless you mean by played total from 1-110 (not including any other time spent, aka raiding at max lvl in previous expansions.)

If it took you 56 hours to go from 100-110, can you explain what you did in a little more detail. I'm just really confused why it would take so long to go from 100-110. If it really takes that long on an average player, for 56 hours played, I think they're gonna lose a lot of the playerbase...that's far too long. I feel 56 hours is probably what 1-110 should take without heirlooms an exploring the world while you're leveling.
    I think 50 hours is pretty fair, the last couple of expacs people have been hitting the 3/4 of the way to max on the same day, I think that's a bit sad tbh, all new zones so much work put into them etc

I hear an average of 12 hours give or take. Isn't that a bit too fast compared to past expansions? I guess this time around level syncing makes levelling smooth and straightforward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I hear an average of 12 hours give or take. Isn't that a bit too fast compared to past expansions? I guess this time around level syncing makes levelling smooth and straightforward.
    MUCH slower than WoD. About the same as Cata/MoP (I could be wrong about this...it's been a while).

In a bit my buddy will get to Legion after a full day of leveling thus far.
    Come check it out if you want to see it in action. Probably not a lot of other good options to see people level through the entirety.

https://www.twitch.tv/onelegiontv

As for me, it took me about 20 hours on my first toon, which was Vengeance DH.
    Then I leveled a Brewmaster and it took me about 18 hours.
    Then I leveled a Prot Warrior and it took me about 18 as well.

But then they allowed me to copy my main which is a Holy Paladin and I was able to get it down to 12 hours with all the gear upgrades and flasks and stuff.
    Equally geared guildies (743~) that are actual DPS were doing it in around 10.

Should not take more than 20 though, no matter what your situation, unless you are like a fresh 100 going in with sub 600 ilvl.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    MUCH slower than WoD. About the same as Cata/MoP (I could be wrong about this...it's been a while).
    Not sure about powerleveling, but I always did my leveling in a more story-driven way which made it slower than the previous example.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yeah, like Towelliee said, you pretty much have to do every single quest so rushing it in 8 hours or so won't do you much good this time around. Will probably take around 15 hours or so.
    It should be 4 times that minimum for everyone. It is a gigantic part of the game and essentially should be a tier itself. But the HC are whiny babies and Blizzard caters to them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    It should be 4 times that minimum for everyone. It is a gigantic part of the game and essentially should be a tier itself. But the HC are whiny babies and Blizzard caters to them.
    Then I would just find some mob to grind and abuse that, like I did in MOP with the tricky maizers. I'm not going to spend days questing, it's not fun in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Actually it's usually the casuals that whine about leveling speed. The HC people will just do it as fast as possible, 8h or 80h doesn't mather to them as long as its the fastest way.
    The casuals don't like it when it takes them so long to catch up and be able to play with friends.

On topic, around 1.5h seems about right per level. Kinda depends on class/spec , with or without gathering, luck on vinettes/rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question about the artifact questing: You get the artifact before or after the broken islands?

If the xp gains and xp needed to level stay the same as the current beta it is only a few hours of play time. 10ish without a laid out game plan before hand.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I got 14 hours played with my DH and i'm lvl 105. I've been questing only and reading every quest, afking a lot too. Wouldn't be surprised if it only takes 10-15 hours for someone who just rushes through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Question about the artifact questing: You get the artifact before or after the broken islands?
    Your weapon is the first thing you do. It is a little odd since ppl will group up and be very excited to play the game, then instantly be instanced away on their own quest for 30 minutes. The real kicker will be if one class or spec bugs and you can't move forward. Once you get your weapon in place you head out into the new zones.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Before. 10 char nonsense

Getting from 100 to 110 doesn't take very long, maybe 20hrs played at the most.
    However you don't get any talents, new abilities or traits during the leveling. Those are locked behind Artifact Traits and you need to grind tens of thousands of Artifact Power before you unlock the major ones, even more for the entire thing.

To give you an example of how tedious this will get... I'm 1 point away from my second major trait as Arms Warrior. But I need 12.3k Artifact Power, which will take me around 4-5 days to grind out if I keep playing 6-8 hrs a day on Beta. You do get more and more Artifact Power as DAYS go by but it's so slow to start with and it won't get faster any time soon considering it takes 2 days to complete one "artifact power increase" scroll.

In short.
    Leveling is same as before, 2-3 days if you chill with it.
    Getting your character to full power (not counting gear) will take close to 2 months of actively grinding out everything you can.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Before. 10 char nonsense
    No...you get it after Broken Shores. It's the first thing you do after getting to Dalaran.

- - - Updated - - -

In short.
    Leveling is same as before, 2-3 days if you chill with it.
    Getting your character to full power (not counting gear) will take close to 2 months of actively grinding out everything you can.

And this is a bad thing how? Everyone cries about nothing to do...now you have something to do.

I really took my time, as well as contending with lag and bugs, and it took me little over a day to level.