Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its possibiity. What if garrosh died to ask loa ancestors for help ? Or maybe he feigned his own death.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    erm no this is the lore section of the thorum and i had a question. weird how you go straight to the negative option. must be a personality trait you need to work on

- - - Updated - - -

stop calling this a troll thread, look at the debates going on, obviously this question is not clear to many people.
    Not sure how it could be anymore clear. You can go to Nagrand right now and see his body. If people don't understand it by now they're being intentionally obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't think there's much of a point in looking at all the various rules of a traditional Mak'gora because this is at least the third time we see one barely meeting any rule to begin with.
    Maybe. It's still the only ruleset we have though and some of the examples to contrary are Thrall's softy nonsense. Either way, with a traditionalist like Garrosh a traditional Mak'gora would make more sense in my opinion.

Garrosh should have just been captured and executed without much of a show, but it was Thrall's own idea to come up with this "duel of honor" bullshit so he should have at least went through it until the very end. Instead he just got angry at some point and crushed Garrosh like an ant for the hell of it.
    I think the whole cinematic was Rule of Cool first with lore then added to justify it. Following the Mak'gora from Wrath and all. The idea wasn't even that bad as far as Rule of Cool goes, but the execution was classic Blizzard.

In Bloodsworn there's a Mak'gora between a Paladin and a Shaman, both use magic.
    Ah, I remembered it wrong, thought this Orc lady was a Warrior for some reason.

This said, I think the thing is much more legit when the opponents are somewhat on par. Thrall occasionally using Chain Lighting in WotLK should be a big deal, but the way he abused the elements in WoD was way over the top and offerred Garrosh no chance to defend himself.
    What we saw in WoD wasn't really any different from the Gul'dan vs Durotan duel of the movie.

Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I expected Garrosh to return is as a DK, but let's no do this please...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Maybe. It's still the only ruleset we have though and some of the examples to contrary are Thrall's softy nonsense. Either way, with a traditionalist like Garrosh a traditional Mak'gora would make more sense in my opinion.
    Probably, but honestly no one cared about tradition for some reason (you could stretch a justification and say they were mostly concerned with their personal greviances). Garrosh wore less armor because he always does, he did nothing to meet any requirement for the duel, nor he cared to have witnesses (he could have brought any number of Warsong orcs from Grommashar with him) nor is clear if the people you see at the end of the cinematic actually counted as witnesses since they were nowhere to be seen while the thing happened. Garrosh specifically mentioned how they were going to handle the matter alone (or it was Thrall? one of the two said it, of that I'm sure) so I'm don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

thrall went overboard and it screwed him. end of story.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Garrosh is dead. While he dies in an alternate timeline, he is still from our timeline. In that alternate timeline he is not even born (Grom's wife dies before the events of Warlords of Draenor).
    But what about an alternative alternative universe? One where Garrosh is born just like in our universe. That Garrosh can come back to us, right?

This whole multiverse thing has opened up a can of worms. Anything is possible again.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, I'd love to see Garrosh return. He's the best new character to the Warcraft franchise since Warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But what about an alternative alternative universe? One where Garrosh is born just like in our universe. That Garrosh can come back to us, right?

This whole multiverse thing has opened up a can of worms. Anything is possible again.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, I'd love to see Garrosh return. He's the best new character to the Warcraft franchise since Warcraft 3.
    A Garrosh that isn't a complete jackoff? Sure I'm good with that. Playerbase likely won't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    In WoD we see Garrosh die in a fight with Durotan right.

But that is not only in the past, but the past of an alternate timeline....

So where does that leave Garrosh in our current time going into Legion?

Will be pretty cool if he comes out of hiding and helps us.
    How could he be alive when he was killed by Thrall?
    That won't just magically revive him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astardiel View Post
    I wish for source on this Grom's Life Mate death in AU.
    Couldn't you just read the Short story like the rest of us?
    It has been out for a long time, about the time WoD was released so you should have read it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dekas View Post
    Your only suppose to use 1 weapon in a Mak'gora , this is why Gul'dan is called a cheater in the movie and thrall cheated in his fight. Garrosh has gore howl and Thrall had doomhammer. He used Doomhammer and then when Garrosh kicked his ass, he uses wind earth and lighting. This brings him up to 4 weapons vs Garrosh's 1, hence Thrall cheated.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Magic is not considered a weapon, and the Movie is non-canon, or an Alternate Timeline as you know, so why are you compared them?
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2016-07-08 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people just trolling or was WoD timeline so damn hard to understand?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, he is definitely dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekas View Post
    It says body armor
    Last time I checked, the legs and feet were still part of the body. Officially, they are to strip down to their undergarments, so if you wanna start talking about cheating, Garrosh too cheated.
    It's ridiculous cuz Thrall only cheated in 1 way, Armor.
    Garrosh had no Witness, AND wore armor.

Onyxia, Nefarian, Illidan, etc... all say hi.

Nothing is dead till the bones are salted and burned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by knudnat View Post
    Onyxia, Nefarian, Illidan, etc... all say hi.

Nothing is dead till the bones are salted and burned.
    and even then alternate universe boom lets make some more bucks off dead characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

Yeah no. One alternative universe has caused enough mess. We don't need more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Please stop trolling.

Deleted
    Baby Garrosh?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    How could he be alive when he was killed by Thrall?
    That won't just magically rivive him.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't you just read the Short story like the rest of us?
    It has been out for a long time, about the time WoD was released so you should have read it!

- - - Updated - - -

Magic is not considered a weapon, and the Movie is non-canon, or an Alternate Timeline as you know, so why are you compared them?
    Now why did you have to go hostile on me?

In fact I did watch trough those short stories when they got released do you know how long ago it was?

And if you would have read trough properly tread you would have seen me posting this "Ok thank you for this. Cant remember all stuff."

Even it is internet you can be less hostile and not right away attack some one with questions, what good can come from that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astardiel View Post
    Now why did you have to go hostile on me?

In fact I did watch trough those short stories when they got released do you know how long ago it was?

And if you would have read trough properly tread you would have seen me posting this "Ok thank you for this. Cant remember all stuff."

Even it is internet you can be less hostile and not right away attack some one with questions, what good can come from that?
    Your comment is cunfusing me, you talk about hostility, yet I have done no such thing. I was just telling you to read the story.
    So what are you talking about?

Deleted
    So no one really knows for sure if he is dead or alive.

this thread is split down the middle....interesting.
    Last edited by mmoca301a8f416; 2016-06-27 at 08:10 AM.

So no one really knows for sure if he is dead or alive.
    If by "no one", you meant "everyone here", then sure. Judging by the posts, everyone in this thread but you (assuming that you aren't trolling - which I kinda doubt) know very well he's dead.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.