Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    no, nukes, switchblades, automatic machine guns, certain poisons/chemicals, among a giant list of other things are all made illegal because as you so eloquently put it.
    What about cars, knives, fertilizer bombs, crushed glass, cement shoes, and any other variation of something that can be a weapon?

All im saying is making something illegal doesnt make it disappear. Drugs are illegal but im pretty sure everyone knows at least one person that does drugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Except it's been an ongoing topic for decades, well before the "hipster" meme was invented. It's only gotten more intense as the frequency of mass shootings has gone up, and the number of casualties has risen. Rightly so. And America gets bashed for very good reasons.

Again, see the Australia example.
    But gun crime has gone down over the past 30 years as gun ownership has skyrocketed.

Oh look, a police shooting that is ACTUALLY JUSTIFIED! Why? Someone who has a gun and refuses to comply with police orders to drop it, you become a legit threat then. Would I still have preferred a more peaceful solution? Certainly, but that's not always going to be possible.

And before the PC crowd jumps on my ass and takes me out of context. No, it matters not whether the holder of the weapon is male, female, trans, or otherwise. If you are a lethal threat to others around you then being shot is in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    The woman killed by police after she fatally shot her two daughters at their Texas home was identified as an outspoken gun advocate.

Christy Sheats, 42, shot and killed her two young daughters, Taylor, 22, and Madison Sheats, 17, on what neighbors said was their father’s birthday, according to local reports. A family spat started inside the married couple’s Houston-area home and spiraled into gun violence that spilled out onto their street.

“It was a family argument that turned into a shooting,” Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls told the Houston Chronicle. “But we’re still trying to put the pieces together.”

A witness said the sisters tried escaping with their father, but Taylor collapsed outside the home and Madison was shot in the back, KTRK-TV reported.

First responders led the distraught father away from the home after the 5 p.m. incident Friday in the family's middle class neighborhood. A 911 caller said shots had been fired.

When Fulshear police arrived to the scene, two women were lying on the street in front of the home, the Chronicle reported.

Cops then shot and killed Christy Sheats, who was holding a pistol and refused to drop it.

"That armed shooter was also in the street and, after refusing to drop her weapon was shot and killed by a Fulshear officer," the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office said.

Taylor died at the scene and her teenage sister, Madison, was airlifted to the Texas Medical Center, where she couldn’t be saved.

According to Christy Sheats Facebook page, she was a gun owner and vocal advocate for the second amendment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2687929

And the point of this thread is... ? America doesn't have a gun problem; America has a demographic problem that's constantly engaged in gun violence, and that demographic doesn't involves the family that you cited in this thread. Moving along!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Lets also keep in mind blunt objects like fist, feet, bats, and hammers kill more people than rifle and shotguns combined. Handguns are the only firearm that surpasses these.
    what else could it be at this point other than a REALLY bad joke that just keeps repeating itself?
    I have to laugh at a gun nut going mental and trying to murder her entire family, because actually grasping the fact that 60-70% of my neighbors are probably gun owners, and that people can be so unhinged that they do this, what WOULDN'T they do to a stranger in an argument?

I'd best arm myself as well...

and the joke keeps on rolling.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-26 at 10:51 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think i just need a bigger gun that is somehow legal in Maryland. It seems like any decent gun is illegal here. Im not super knowledgeable on all the laws and so its been hard to get anything. My friends all bought their guns 3 years ago before the ban.
    Oh you live in MD? Yea suppressors are out. lol

- - - Updated - - -

what else could it be at this point other than a REALLY bad joke that just keeps repeating itself?
    I have to laugh at a gun nut going mental and trying to murder her entire family, because actually grasping the fact that 60-70% of my neighbors are probably gun owners, and that people can be so unhinged that they do this, what WOULDN'T they do to a stranger in an argument?

I'd best arm myself as well...

and the joke keeps on rolling.

So let me ask you a question, what quantifies as a gunnut exactly?

Even Endus himself recognizes that categorizing all gun owners under a single branch is the equivalent to saying to all Muslims are terrorist.

I've seen the term used for as little as being American and owning a single gun.

Oh you live in MD? Yea suppressors are out. lol

- - - Updated - - -

So let me ask you a question, what quantifies as a gunnut exactly?

Even Endus himself recognizes that categorizing all gun owners under a single branch is the equivalent to saying to all Muslims are terrorist.

I've seen the term used for as little as being American and owning a single gun.
    the fact that you think you're making a point here is a joke onto itself.
    I'll just repost the screen grabs from the OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post

these are the ramblings of a "gun nut" I'm sorry if you or your friends post similar shit to social media, they're probably all gun nuts too.

A "gun nut" for example would post some bullshit about PTSD in victims after a knife attack in defense of American gun culture.

someone should do a Drumpf addon for guns, that just replaces the word "gun" with "cock, penis, or dick" I bet that shit would be funny as all hell. I might actually revisit the giant gun debate thread with that addon.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-26 at 11:09 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

the fact that you think you're making a point here is a joke onto itself.
    I'll just repost the screen grabs from the OP

these are the ramblings of a "gun nut" I'm sorry if you or your friends post similar shit to social media, they're probably all gun nuts too.

A "gun nut" for example would post some bullshit about PTSD in victims after a knife attack in defense of American gun culture.
    See you had a stable post for a moment, using a specific example to label someone a gunnut, an example I would not exactly argue against, then you went off and a tangent and starting make broad strokes.

My personal guess? You are a closet bigot when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Shit sucks. That being said, i cant wait to buy a rifle. I have a remington 870 shotgun, and a fun little .22. I live in Maryland. Anyone have any good recommendations? I can get an AR-15 if I buy the heavy bore but im not sure i want to do that.
    get the ar-15, .223 ammo is fairly cheap and it's not a heavy gun at all. you can find them in the $500-600 range

See you had a stable post for a moment, using a specific example to label someone a gunnut, an example I would not exactly argue against, then you went off and a tangent and starting make broad strokes.

My personal guess? You are a closet bigot when all is said and done.
    I'm a "bigot" against people that casually want weapons of mass murder with minimal background checks.

I'm okay with that.

When a person outright murders their own children, I don't think the tool they used should be the primary talking point.

I'm a "bigot" against people that casually want weapons of mass murder with minimal background checks.

I'm okay with that.
    As long as you are OK with being a bigot that is your choice. You can fluff it up with hyperbole all you want. Bigot is bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Wrong. Go ask Australia how many people get guns that are not allowed to have them. They haven't has a mass shooting in 20 years since 1996, and their gun crime rate has dropped by 50%. Those are solid results that the NRA types cannot argue with.

Fucking dumb Merkin sheep with tough guy/John Wayne syndrome is what this tragedy was yet again.
    But i bet stabbings, beatings, poisoning, drowning and any other way you want to think of went through the roof

- - - Updated - - -

I'm okay with that.
    and you don't know a whole hell of a lot about guns, so maybe you shouldn't get in a discussion about things you don't know about

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    But i bet stabbings, beatings, poisoning, drowning and any other way you want to think of went through the roof

- - - Updated - - -

and you don't know a whole hell of a lot about guns, so maybe you shouldn't get in a discussion about things you don't know about
    what gave you that indication? I used to shoot and own guns when I was younger and dumber. I'm no expert, but i've shot every kind of gun excluding a revolver.

what gave you that indication? I used to shoot and own guns when I was younger and dumber. I'm no expert, but i've shot every kind of gun excluding a revolver.
    classifying all guns as "Weapons of mass murder" tells me you don't know anything about guns at all. taking guns away from legal gun owners will change nothing, do you really think that some criminal is really going to say "oh guns are illegal now, here take my stash of illegal ones"? If you aren't smart enough to answer that, the answer is no. even if they did manage to get all of those then they'd still have to find a way to stop guns being smuggled from Mexico, some of which, Mr gun control himself, Obama is responsible for giving to the cartels(look up Operation fast and furious)

classifying all guns as "Weapons of mass murder" tells me you don't know anything about guns at all. taking guns away from legal gun owners will change nothing, do you really think that some criminal is really going to say "oh guns are illegal now, here take my stash of illegal ones"? If you aren't smart enough to answer that, the answer is no. even if they did manage to get all of those then they'd still have to find a way to stop guns being smuggled from Mexico, some of which, Mr gun control himself, Obama is responsible for giving to the cartels(look up Operation fast and furious)
    what did we do with the drug dealers/users after we made drugs illegal?
    built more prisons, increased SWAT raids, gave more money to police departments, ect
    don't act like it's not something we could do, nor something we wouldn't do if it was minorities that owned the majority of guns.

unless conservatives want to take the bold new stance that criminalizing all society is bad for society....
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-27 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see a study that follows these people to see what permanent mental damage it does to survivors, ranging from overall social damage to personal damage they carry for the remainder of their lives. No one wants to talk about the person who was almost murdered who then gets severe PTSD and has problems forming relationships or holding a job.

Arguments like these crack me up, like stabbing victims get patched up and carry on with life like nothing has happened.

Reminds me of those new stories where girls have acid thrown on their face. The argument from people here would be, "Well at least she did not die like if it was a gun".

Lets make one thing clear, no one here gives a shit when people die unless a gun is involved because it is a hipster hot topic. Its just a reason to post up jokes at the expense of the dead and to America Bash. (tm)
    Oh I'm sure they have all sorts of scars. But they live. And they will heal. Beyond that the point you are trying to make is a complete non-sequitur. Unless you can suggest they would be better off dead it's clear the outcome in the knife case is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, that is not my argument.
    It actually is the inescapable conclusion of your argument. Their is a clear distinction between being dead and survival. Clearly one is better. Unless your going to suggest the acid victim would rather have been shot dead. Furthermore people who get shot and survive also deal with scars from the shooting mental and physical, and in fact in terms of mass shootings the psychological and mental trauma extends far beyond any physical victims, say at a school shooting where grief Councillors are brought in. This is a terrible argument you're making in favor of gun control. Nobody in s suggesting that knife victims are just okay after. What we are suggesting is that they are more likely to survive and that's an important distinction you are trying to ignore.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-06-27 at 12:17 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

what did we do with the drug dealers/users after we made drugs illegal?
    built more prisons, increased SWAT raids, gave more money to police departments, ect
    don't act like it's not something we could do, nor something we wouldn't do if it was minorities that owned the majority of guns.

unless conservatives want to take the bold new stance that criminalizing all society is bad for society....
    yeah because making drugs illegal has worked great for keeping them off the street

yeah because making drugs illegal has worked great for keeping them off the street
    it's been great at keeping minorities off the streets, and that was the whole point of it.

the whole point of making certain guns illegal would be to take those gun owners off the street.

oh but gun owners are white people, and it would be "un-Ammerican" to incarcerate that many white people, amirite?

it's been great at keeping minorities off the streets, and that was the whole point of it.

the whole point of making certain guns illegal would be to take those gun owners off the street.

oh but gun owners are white people, and it would be "un-Ammerican" to incarcerate that many white people, amirite?
    lol so now you're trying to go from "guns are bad and should be outlawed, to we can't do this because it'd be against white people" is this the best arguement you can come up with? typical of anti-gun people/democrats, just start shouting shit after your point is disproven and hope they'll go away

lol so now you're trying to go from "guns are bad and should be outlawed, to we can't do this because it'd be against white people" is this the best arguement you can come up with? typical of anti-gun people/democrats, just start shouting shit after your point is disproven and hope they'll go away
    what point of mine do you think you disproved to get me to say something that I've believed about American culture for the last 10 years?