Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion Prot Warrior the king of Mythic+?

Because of RFDT, prot warriors will be very strong when we undergear content. Since we will always undergear mythic+, we should be very strong in them. We will be scaling poorly in almost all other content in the game except mythic+, or am I missing something?

15+ Year Old Account
    DHs have PFDT so warriors aren't alone.

Every tank has a major self-healing mechanic that becomes stronger as they take damage more quickly. Think of it as a form of building Resolve into tank abilities.

What's RFDT?

Rage from Damage Taken.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by salk10022 View Post
    Because of RFDT, prot warriors will be very strong when we undergear content. Since we will always undergear mythic+, we should be very strong in them. We will be scaling poorly in almost all other content in the game except mythic+, or am I missing something?
    Last I saw, gear doesnt scale down in mythic dungeons in Legion. If anything their lack of self sustainability compared to other tanks will make them a bit weaker than some tanks. Their lack of utility making them ever weaker. As it stands, DH and their AoE silence, AoE targetted fear, and AoE targetted grip I see being the champ.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

DKs self-healing, massive shields and AMS makes them the now-and-forever champion of tanking.

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

Prot Warriors being strong in Mythic+ will have nothing to do with RFDT. Across the board any tank will be strong, it all depends on your play style & skill with that tank class. If you're currently testing the various tanks on Beta or PTR atm, then you'll understand that every tank class plays well different, different enough that it rlly just comes down to your preference. Also judging from the posts on the forums, it seems the majority of players currently don't even understand how to play the new Warrior prot spec properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    DKs self-healing, massive shields and AMS makes them the now-and-forever champion of tanking.
    What? This is absolutely FALSE! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by maverick1625 View Post
    Prot Warriors being strong in Mythic+ will have nothing to do with RFDT. Across the board any tank will be strong, it all depends on your play style & skill with that tank class. If you're currently testing the various tanks on Beta or PTR atm, then you'll understand that every tank class plays well different, different enough that it rlly just comes down to your preference. Also judging from the posts on the forums, it seems the majority of players currently don't even understand how to play the new Warrior prot spec properly.

- - - Updated - - -

What? This is absolutely FALSE! LOL
    That entirely true actually.

Like, do you have any idea what prot warrior and the other tanks have? Some will no doubt be flat out better at mythic dungeons than others. This has been the case for WoD and MoP dungeons as well. When you bring it down to such a small party size then what a class has really stands out.

Case and point, what does warrior have that can even begin to compete with the DH tanks sigil (aoe silence, aoe pull, and an aoe fear), as well as their burst self healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    That entirely true actually.

Like, do you have any idea what prot warrior and the other tanks have? Some will no doubt be flat out better at mythic dungeons than others. This has been the case for WoD and MoP dungeons as well. When you bring it down to such a small party size then what a class has really stands out.

Case and point, what does warrior have that can even begin to compete with the DH tanks sigil (aoe silence, aoe pull, and an aoe fear), as well as their burst self healing?
    So DH or DK having self healing is the reason why you think they'll be better in Mythic+? No, this is wrong bcoz as the dmg ramps up their self healing will mean nothing if they can't smooth out the damage, something which warriors can do better period. If you've been doing Mythic+ on Beta, you'll understand that regardless of self heals, as the dmg increases every tank is still going to require consistent heals from a healer. Warriors have Shockwave, Mass Spell Reflect (this alone taking into account the artifact trait + the magic 30% reduction, the short 25sec CD will dominate), we are now also one of the only 2 tanks that can efficiently kite if shit gets to hectic. Also we have self healing through Inspiring Presence something people don't seem to know bcoz the tool tip doesn't tell you it also heals you to. We also have more defensive CDs for ourselves than any other tank.

So DH or DK having self healing is the reason why you think they'll be better in Mythic+? No, this is wrong bcoz as the dmg ramps up their self healing will mean nothing if they can't smooth out the damage, something which warriors can do better period. If you've been doing Mythic+ on Beta, you'll understand that regardless of self heals, as the dmg increases every tank is still going to require consistent heals from a healer. Warriors have Shockwave, Mass Spell Reflect (this alone taking into account the artifact trait + the magic 30% reduction, the short 25sec CD will dominate), we are now also one of the only 2 tanks that can efficiently kite if shit gets to hectic. Also we have self healing through Inspiring Presence something people don't seem to know bcoz the tool tip doesn't tell you it also heals you to. We also have more defensive CDs for ourselves than any other tank.
    Warriors dont get mass reflect in PvE.
    Inspiring presense does stupendously little healing, in an environment based on sudden damage spikes, its useless.
    DH mobility is such that they too can kite.
    DH have a very large amount of comparable damage mitigation, look at their talent line up. I wouldn't say warriors is better once you stop and take a good look at what a DH can bring. Their lvl 110 talents especially.
    DH have far more group utility via sigils. Seriously, those things are OP as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh well no matter how strong DH i take solace in knowing that DH will get nerfed after the first tier, its just a phase blizzard has to go through and still hasnt learned it seems, make a class op to lure people in and then nerf it one tier later.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-06-27 at 12:10 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Warriors dont get mass reflect in PvE.
    Inspiring presense does stupendously little healing, in an environment based on sudden damage spikes, its useless.
    DH mobility is such that they too can kite.
    DH have a very large amount of comparable damage mitigation, look at their talent line up. I wouldn't say warriors is better once you stop and take a good look at what a DH can bring. Their lvl 110 talents especially.
    DH have far more group utility via sigils. Seriously, those things are OP as hell.
    Mass spell reflect as in our artifact talent allows us to reflect an unlimited number of spells during it's duration, so yes it's powerful in dungeons.
    Warrior mobility is some what on par with DH, so no loss there.
    DH are looking amazing no doubt, but Warriors still mitigate dmg more consistently. Regardless, like I've said in my earlier post, the point I've made was every tank class will do very well in Mythic+ depending on your skill with set tank, no one tank will be the king.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Oh well no matter how strong DH i take solace in knowing that DH will get nerfed after the first tier, its just a phase blizzard has to go through and still hasnt learned it seems, make a class op to lure people in and then nerf it one tier later.
    DH isnt the only one. Prot in general got a butt load of nerfs as far as utility goes in Legion, more than the other tanks. It doesnt help that their artifact weapon skill is also fairly crappy. Or that they already were suffering in the utility department.

As it stands, DK and Monk will continue being dungeon king, with DH contending. Dungeon tanking viability is largely based on what utility they bring and what self sustainability they bring as well. Both of which were nerfed hard on warrior.

As it stands, DK and Monk will continue being dungeon king, with DH contending. Dungeon tanking viability is largely based on what utility they bring and what self sustainability they bring as well. Both of which were nerfed hard on warrior.
    Have you even tanked Mythic+ on beta I wonder? When you say self sustainability you're talking about self heals again. They don't mean shit in Mythic+, this ain't CM Dungeons where your gear gets scaled down. Warriors will dominate just as much as any other tank, even more so bcoz they can mitigate more efficiently, up there with Guardian Druids.

Have you even tanked Mythic+ on beta I wonder? When you say self sustainability you're talking about self heals again. They don't mean shit in Mythic+, this ain't CM Dungeons where your gear gets scaled down. Warriors will dominate just as much as any other tank, even more so bcoz they can mitigate more efficiently, up there with Guardian Druids.
    I think the notion here that seems to be falling short on deaf ears is: Warriors aren't going to be the top, because by design, each tank class should bring something. More so, history has showcased that, although warriors tanks can be good, typically other tanks are more "ideal" in any given situation.

C-modes did demonstrate that DKs were strong when undergeared, but progression raiding over the past two expansions has had Paladins sitting a step above because of the potential they could bring. Warriors were considered the most mobile of the tanks, but Demonhunters are attempting to take that niche.

You say "Warriors will dominate just as much as any other tank" which doesn't mean that the warrior will do it better/with more ease, when there are many noted and mentioned alternatives that do work better. I don't think anyone is saying Warriors aren't capable, but writing them off because you are trying to defend warriors is heinous to the other tank specs. As far as this assumption "bcoz they can mitigate more efficiently" I'm not sure to discuss the fact that active mitigation's impact next expac will be reduced (by design) or the whole RFDT discussion and it's implication on said active mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    I think the notion here that seems to be falling short on deaf ears is: Warriors aren't going to be the top, because by design, each tank class should bring something. More so, history has showcased that, although warriors tanks can be good, typically other tanks are more "ideal" in any given situation.

C-modes did demonstrate that DKs were strong when undergeared, but progression raiding over the past two expansions has had Paladins sitting a step above because of the potential they could bring. Warriors were considered the most mobile of the tanks, but Demonhunters are attempting to take that niche.

You say "Warriors will dominate just as much as any other tank" which doesn't mean that the warrior will do it better/with more ease, when there are many noted and mentioned alternatives that do work better. I don't think anyone is saying Warriors aren't capable, but writing them off because you are trying to defend warriors is heinous to the other tank specs. As far as this assumption "bcoz they can mitigate more efficiently" I'm not sure to discuss the fact that active mitigation's impact next expac will be reduced (by design) or the whole RFDT discussion and it's implication on said active mitigation.
    Who said anything about Warriors being on top? My reply was to a comment about DK being king bcoz of self healing etc. which is false! & with there being another major tank change in Legion, no one tank will be dominant, never has this been the case! Also if you want to go down stating nonsense about other tanks being more ideal based off the history of tiers, then get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    "Other tanks have been more ideal in any situation"
    Are you kidding me??"

MOP alone had the Warrior being one of the top top tanks next to Paladin, & Monk bcoz of things like Crit Banner & Demo Banner.
    In SOo warriors were top Damage tank, & better at mitigating most bosses than ANY other tank & this is coming from someone that main tanked with My Warrior, Paladin, Monk & DK in MOP alone. In Cata the top 2 tanks were Pally & Warrior, bcoz shield tanks were just plain better at smoothing out damage, this was however dependent on boss mechanics. DKs & Druids ONLY started pushing ahead in Cata in Dragon Soul, & this is purely bcoz raid mechanics were heavy on Magical Dmg & Dk/Druid could handle those mechanics much better. Again "Dependent on boss mechanics" this is always the case, so this one tank dominates all bullshit is nonsense.

if you want to talk about the RFDT model then go to the Prot Warriors Legion Thread, I've said my do there. Too many players have not even tested the new design or even understand how to correctly play the new abilities/play style properly. All you hear is RFTD sucks! Seriously do you guys even consistently main tank entire expansions or tiers I wonder.

No one tank will dominate, never been the case.
    Last edited by maverick1625; 2016-06-27 at 06:38 AM.

Who said anything about Warriors being on top? My reply was to a comment about DK being king bcoz of self healing etc. which is false! & with there being another major tank change in Legion, no one tank will be dominant, never has this been the case! Also if you want to go down stating nonsense about other tanks being more ideal based off the history of tiers, then get your facts straight.

Are you kidding me??"

MOP alone had the Warrior being one of the top top tanks next to Paladin, & Monk bcoz of things like Crit Banner & Demo Banner.
    In SOo warriors were top Damage tank, & better at mitigating most bosses than ANY other tank & this is coming from someone that main tanked with My Warrior, Paladin, Monk & DK in MOP alone. In Cata the top 2 tanks were Pally & Warrior, bcoz shield tanks were just plain better at smoothing out damage, this was however dependent on boss mechanics. DKs & Druids ONLY started pushing ahead in Cata in Dragon Soul, & this is purely bcoz raid mechanics were heavy on Magical Dmg & Dk/Druid could handle those mechanics much better. Again "Dependent on boss mechanics" this is always the case, so this one tank dominates all bullshit is nonsense.

if you want to talk about the RFDT model then go to the Prot Warriors Legion Thread, I've said my do there. Too many players have not even tested the new design or even understand how to correctly play the new abilities/play style properly. All you hear is RFTD sucks! Seriously do you guys even consistently main tank entire expansions or tiers I wonder.

No one tank will dominate, never been the case.
    You talk about a tank dominating over others

Then say no one tank will dominate

Take a good long look at what other tanks offer compared to warrior in Legion. Warrior got hit harder than other tanks with the ability prune, and the new active mitigation being less important system hurts them horribly. Not saying warrior wont be competitive. Only that they're going to be a bottom barrel choice.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-06-27 at 01:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see it as a challenge if warriors will be "so called" worse to beat the other tanks.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

You talk about a tank dominating over others

Then say no one tank will dominate

Take a good long look at what other tanks offer compared to warrior in Legion. Warrior got hit harder than other tanks with the ability prune, and the new active mitigation being less important system hurts them horribly. Not saying warrior wont be competitive. Only that they're going to be a bottom barrel choice.

I've said no one tank will dominate many times, are you even reading? LOL I've just been stating comparisons from where Warriors are & were great throughout the tiers. Have you even been testing the tank classes in Beta? Paladins are the only tank class with a Raid CD, & even that can be VERY limited. What do you mean the new active mitigation system being less important hurts them horribly? That just goes to show how clueless you are. Warriors will be VERY competitive period, & if you want to downplay Warrior tanking in comparison to other tank classes then I suggest you go learn to play the class properly. thnx
    Last edited by maverick1625; 2016-06-27 at 02:05 PM.