Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    This is friggin awesome work!

Bookmarked!

Would you be able to inform what addons are supported with your UI?

And what ones aren't?

Currently using ElVui and would def switch to your UI if at some stage your UI will have the same freedom and versatilty that ElVui does.

EDIT: On curse you mention it has no dependencies: that would mean all addons should work with your UI?
    It depends what the other addons do for example.
    If they attempt to modify some part of the UI they may break something.
    If they assume certain functionality that this UI changes or removes, that might break something,
    I don't think in a lot of cases people can claim that x addon is guaranteed to not cause issues with something as substantial as a whole UI replacement or a number of addons replacing a UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I am bored and I have a huge laundry list of addons I like to use. I will try and test them on live later today and see where we end up. I will say if they are compatible or not. I will mostly focus on things that do change the UI. For the people interested. I really want to see this thing finished because it is really damn cool.

Edit: I got pretty much everything but ElvUI and Sexymap to Work. Nothing surprising. I could go down my list but its just QoL stuff. Bagnon, that kind of thing. I have to agree though that OP, you should make it work a bit like ElvUI where you can disable certain elements.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-06-25 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like what I see at the moment. I will try it as well with all my QoL addons and see what clashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I have to agree though that OP, you should make it work a bit like ElvUI where you can disable certain elements.
    I can imagine this being a lot of work, but it would probably increase compatibility with other addons

The 3D portrait for my character is not showing for me.
    Last edited by Vargrik; 2016-06-27 at 01:24 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I have missed it but, will we be able to disable some of the UI stuff? I really like the look of the Health and resouce 'pools' together with the actionbars. But I want the rest of the ui/interface to be vanilla. Is that option available right now or will that be available at some point? Anyhow, looks great keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am bored and I have a huge laundry list of addons I like to use. I will try and test them on live later today and see where we end up. I will say if they are compatible or not. I will mostly focus on things that do change the UI. For the people interested. I really want to see this thing finished because it is really damn cool.

Edit: I got pretty much everything but ElvUI and Sexymap to Work. Nothing surprising. I could go down my list but its just QoL stuff. Bagnon, that kind of thing. I have to agree though that OP, you should make it work a bit like ElvUI where you can disable certain elements.
    Yea i'm curious to see what your addons are that you are using.
    So you have tested all your addons with this UI?

I'm using a plethora of addons as well currently:

SavedInstances, WeakAuras2, NPCScan and overlay, Auctionator, Auditor, BadBoy, DBM,
    DominosBuffTimes, GalvinUnitBars, GTFO, HandyNotes, MogIt, Postal, Recount, RSA.
    I think these listed are the ones i use the most, I guess i could install and test UI with my addons to see if they work.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Yea i'm curious to see what your addons are that you are using.
    So you have tested all your addons with this UI?

I'm using a plethora of addons as well currently:

SavedInstances, WeakAuras2, NPCScan and overlay, Auctionator, Auditor, BadBoy, DBM,
    DominosBuffTimes, GalvinUnitBars, GTFO, HandyNotes, MogIt, Postal, Recount, RSA.
    I think these listed are the ones i use the most, I guess i could install and test UI with my addons to see if they work.
    Tested the Bolded Ones. They worked. Word to the wise. Get rid of NPCScan. Its useless now, just use the Overlay.

Okay, this is so gonna be my main UI addon when I'll get back to WoW when Legion releases. GJ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tested the Bolded Ones. They worked. Word to the wise. Get rid of NPCScan. Its useless now, just use the Overlay.
    Seems to be working fine for me.
    Why is it useless to you?
    They go hand in hand, the overlay giving the pathing rare uses, scan advises with sound if in vicinity of rare.
    One without the other is not 'optimal'.

No 'useless' comments on curse.
    Unless you are talking about:
    the only way to find pre-MoP rares via _NPCScan will be via mouse over, nameplate, or the new dynamic target macro keybind being added
    Which still doesn't make it "useless".
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2016-06-27 at 09:07 AM.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Seems to be working fine for me.
    Why is it useless to you?
    They go hand in hand, the overlay giving the pathing rare uses, scan advises with sound if in vicinity of rare.
    One without the other is not 'optimal'.

No 'useless' comments on curse.
    Unless you are talking about:
    Which still doesn't make it "useless".
    That is pretty useless. If you are already mousing over a target or nameplate, you don't need the Sound. To each there own though I guess.

This looks and feels really good, love it!

Big thanks to Goldpaw, will definitely use this when Legion hits

The change which made it "useless" came at the start of WoD, and I have continued to use it so far for the alerting aspect when I am near enough to a rare for the vignette to be picked up.
    I don't always catch on to there being an arrow in the corner of a minimap, particularly when I am busy doing something else.
    That change is about not being able to pick up a rare completely passively, by sufficient proximity for the game to "see" it.
    But blizzard are adding vignettes now to rares, where they will show up on your minimap if you are close enough.
    And that is something NPCScan can, and still continues to pick up.
    Every rare in WoD used that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-27 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This looks pretty good, will have to give it a try. I only use junk like Postal and PetBattleTeams, pretty light on mods so going into Legion since it looks like I'll need like 6 less action bars this should work out nicely.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Pretty nice, I used to have Roth's UI for years, then I wanted a change...But it seems like I'll have to return using Diablo-esque UI after all!

Of course, whenever it's "done" - can't see debuffs or buffs on any target but myself, other than that, can't find a flaw so far

Would it be possible to one day be able to move the UI elements freely?

This is an amazing work. Good job indeed sir.

Question: Is there any chance we see the parts of this UI in separate modules just like GoldPaw? So we can use the Chat and the Objectives modules for example, or the HP/Mana orbs only...

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Link Sunstrider View Post
    This is an amazing work. Good job indeed sir.

Question: Is there any chance we see the parts of this UI in separate modules just like GoldPaw? So we can use the Chat and the Objectives modules for example, or the HP/Mana orbs only...

Thanks in advance.
    This 1000 times, setting the system up for modules would ammount fo a much cleaner and more workable ui that wont be crippled by one bug. Personally, I would just use the actionbars and orbs together, leave the chat and unit frames to me handled by something else.

Really awesome UI can't wait to try it when I get home.

might I suggest putting up something like the user "justpassing"'s screen-shot showing a full action bar and possibly even a combat shot to show what it looks like in action.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave this a go last night, i'll uplaod a screenshot tonight when I get home if needed (its 7:30am here ATM) on my partners laptop just to muck around.

The resolution scaling is a little bugged, I was on a 1366x768 monitor.
    I first got prompted to change the scaling of the UI to fit the monitor (this worked fine)
    Once my UI reloaded I then got prompted something about softening edges otherwise things would be blurry, I then clicked ok and my UI reloaded again.
    Nothing happened as far as I could tell everything was still a little blurry and the prompt message was on my screen again.
    I clicked yes and well you can guess what, I was caught in a loop.
    eventually i clicked no (or cancel) and I could run the UI but yeah everything was blurry as mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the UI with an added Pet Action Bar. Changes should be live on Curse now, the download links are he same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rykon1459918 View Post
    Really awesome UI can't wait to try it when I get home.

might I suggest putting up something like the user "justpassing"'s screen-shot showing a full action bar and possibly even a combat shot to show what it looks like in action.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave this a go last night, i'll uplaod a screenshot tonight when I get home if needed (its 7:30am here ATM) on my partners laptop just to muck around.

The resolution scaling is a little bugged, I was on a 1366x768 monitor.
    I first got prompted to change the scaling of the UI to fit the monitor (this worked fine)
    Once my UI reloaded I then got prompted something about softening edges otherwise things would be blurry, I then clicked ok and my UI reloaded again.
    Nothing happened as far as I could tell everything was still a little blurry and the prompt message was on my screen again.
    I clicked yes and well you can guess what, I was caught in a loop.
    eventually i clicked no (or cancel) and I could run the UI but yeah everything was blurry as mentioned.
    It will always be blurry on resolutions lower than 1600x900, as everything has to be downscaled to fit then. I would have to make every piece of graphic in smaller versions to get it "perfect" on lower resolutions, sadly.

What I did in the most recent update today, though, was lower the minimum "perfect" resolution to 1600x900, down from 1920x1080. What this means is that for lower resolutions, things will be a little bigger than before.

If you're caught in a loop on those reload popup boxes, it might be because you're playing in windowed fullscreen mode, but have set the resolution dropdown to something not matching your screens actual resolution. This will in most cases lead to a loop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    This 1000 times, setting the system up for modules would ammount fo a much cleaner and more workable ui that wont be crippled by one bug. Personally, I would just use the actionbars and orbs together, leave the chat and unit frames to me handled by something else.
    Agree! I'm going to add a module selector so people can toggle stuff like the chatframe module. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Work in progress!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zinjoh View Post
    I'm not sure if I have missed it but, will we be able to disable some of the UI stuff? I really like the look of the Health and resouce 'pools' together with the actionbars. But I want the rest of the ui/interface to be vanilla. Is that option available right now or will that be available at some point? Anyhow, looks great keep it up.
    It will be available. Just haven't gotten to it yet!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hargrik View Post
    The 3D portrait for my character is not showing for me.
    Your character doesn't have one. It is represented through the health/power orbs, and only those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It depends what the other addons do for example.
    If they attempt to modify some part of the UI they may break something.
    If they assume certain functionality that this UI changes or removes, that might break something,
    I don't think in a lot of cases people can claim that x addon is guaranteed to not cause issues with something as substantial as a whole UI replacement or a number of addons replacing a UI.
    Everything here is correct.

Only way to guaranteed that an addon works with the UI is to specifically make sure that is does, but still it's not really 100% guaranteed, because other addons can break the functionality of it again.

In this UI I'm working to build from scratch what can be build from scratch. This is both an advantage and an disadvantage. Building stuff like actionbars from scratch makes sure that nearly no other actionbar addons can break the functionality of this one, and thus they will work together. But This also means that addons that work by hooking into the default blizzard elements won't work at all.

Then we have the elements that really can't be safely recreated, and us addon developers have to use the blizzard elements and restyle them. The micro menu is in most cases an example of this. Both my UI and Bartender use the blizzard micro menu. Different as mine seems, it's still the blizzard one. Meaning if somebody tries to use both mine and the bartender4 one, there will be chaos!

And no dependencies simply mean that nobody needs to download anything other than this addon to make this addon work. If my UI had been using something like Ace3 or another dependency, then if something changed or broke in any of those dependencies the UI would be broken too. That won't happen here, since this UI don't rely on outside elements like that. If something breaks here, it was broken by either me or blizzard, not by other unrelated developers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Got some weird error since last patch on ptr : Not sure what that is, it just happens randomly and I cannot reproduce the exact time or what might actually be the trigger for it.

Not using anything other than diabolic ui and shadowed unitframes there.

This bar stays there forever until I log out, and basically the whole interface ingame looses its interface art and some things dont even display any popups anymore, like questgivers, or flight npcs etc.
    Yeah. This is thanks to all the fancy changes Blizzard are making to their interface code and API in patch 7.0.3. I've been working to fix those bugs, but there still might be something I have missed. I'm working on it, though!

Looks sweet as hell. With increased customizability this has the potential of being my favorite looking UI ever.

I mean the portrait like this:

It does show once in a while but not constantly.