Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I don't understand how anyone who supported Bernie could vote for Trump or Hillary...
    Because we recognize that the odds of a third party candidate winning the election are effectively zero, and would rather maintain the status quo by voting for Hillary than run even the slightest risk that Donald Trump could win.

Oh yay! TYT is fucking clueless again. They never tire of being wrong, do they?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-to-clinton/

Donald Trump would like for Bernie Sanders supporters to ditch the Democratic Party and support him. There is very little evidence that they will do that, mind you, but it's certainly possible that they might just stay home — which would help Trump.

Well, we have some bad news for the Trump campaign. Sanders supporters aren't just rallying around Clinton; they're doing it rather quickly. And it's a big reason Clinton just extended her lead over Trump into the double digits, 51 percent to 39 percent.

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows that Sanders backers, who polls have shown were reluctant to jump over to Clinton and even flirted with supporting Trump, are coming home faster than we might have expected.

Last month, 20 percent of Sanders supporters said they would back Trump over Clinton in the general election. This month, that figure is down to 8 percent.

And the poll was conducted before, we would note, Sanders began saying last week that he would support Clinton over Trump in the general election. (Even as he's not endorsing Clinton and is still technically a candidate, Sanders said his supporters would and should not vote for a "bigot" like Trump.)

In a way, this was expected. Clinton backers in 2008, after all, eventually came around to Barack Obama's candidacy and overwhelmingly supported him in the general election. We've used this as our baseline in comparing how quickly Sanders supporters might come around to Clinton in 2016.

But here's the thing: It took them a while. In June 2008, 20 percent of Clinton backers said they'd go for John McCain. In July, it was 22 percent, then 18 percent in August and 19 percent in September. It finally dropped to 14 percent in October.

Well, it's June 2016, and that same figure this time is down to 8 percent already. What's more, the 81 percent of Sanders backers who are now behind Clinton is a higher number than in any poll of 2008 Clinton backers who rallied to Obama. The high that year was 74 percent, in October.

And, really, the idea that Clinton backers would cross over for McCain was probably more plausible in the first place. She was the more moderate candidate in the Democratic primary, so it wasn't unreasonable to think that her more moderate supporters might go for a moderate Republican such as McCain.

Sanders was decidedly not the moderate option in the 2016 Democratic primary. He does share some populist tendencies with Trump — which Trump has tried to leverage to get Sanders supporters to join him — but it was always a somewhat fanciful effort by Trump to woo them.

Indeed, as a Pew poll last week showed, Sanders supporters were more anti-Republican Party than Clinton backers. About 7 in 10 of them, in fact, said the Republican Party makes them "afraid" — vs. 55 percent of Clinton supporters.

That was never really a recipe for a big crossover vote. And this poll suggests that possibility has been foreclosed.

If Bernie drops out of the race, a huge percentage of his supporters will switch to Stein anyway. A few might be swayed to support Clinton IF Sanders endorses her, but most would probably never vote for a corporate warmonger like Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    If Bernie drops out of the race, a huge percentage of his supporters will switch to Stein anyway. A few might be swayed to support Clinton IF Sanders endorses her, but most would probably never vote for a corporate warmonger like Clinton.
    Then there are those of us old enough remember how the Green Party was spoiler and got W. Bush in the office. Not to mention Nader was WAY more qualified than Stein to hold office. Let's install someone with ZERO political experience above city council in the most important and demanding job in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Then there are those of us old enough remember how the Green Party was spoiler and got W. Bush in the office. Not to mention Nader was WAY more qualified than Stein to hold office. Let's install someone with ZERO political experience above city council in the most important and demanding job in the world.
    That's exactly what happened with Taylor, Grant, and Eisenhower.

Voters have learned their lesson from the Bush era.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    That's exactly what happened with Taylor, Grant, and Eisenhower.

Voters have learned their lesson from the Bush era.
    Somehow I think being an extremely high ranking military officer is better preparation than an M.D. who was a Lexington Town Meeting Rep..

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    /Yawn

I had a funny dream. It was 2008 again and people were talking about how doomed Obama was because Hillary supporters wouldn't vote for him.
    Clinton is very corrupted.
    Welfare receivers voted Obama, not Clinton.

Trump will win the election.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I do like his stance on illegal immigration and the 2nd amendment.
    You mean his stance that he just started having a month ago when the NRA endorsed him after they most likely donated to his campaign? Because in 2000 he wanted assault weapons banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    "55% of Bernie Sanders supporters have stated that they are willing to vote for Hillary Clinton."

First of all, I'm fairly sure Clinton supporters were a much larger proportion of the overall Democrats than Trump was of the Republicans.

Second of all, I'm fairly sure 55% of Ryan and Cruz's supporters wouldn't support Trump.

Third of all, I'm fairly sure Clinton and Sanders will have a big public love fest at the DNC to get the Dem party united. The RNC will have no such thing.

These are all opinions of course. But I am not sure I'd call "the majority of Sanders supporters would support Clinton" a "huge" problem, in the current political climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room why Sanders isn't dropping out
    Sanders is hanging in there because he even sees the real possibility Clinton will be recommended for indictment
    and I'm willing to bet he was forced to signed an agreement to be allowed to run on the democrat ticket not to use the FBI investigation against Clinton
    Are you still harping on that? The FBI has admitted SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES, that they aren't even investigating her. And anything, she didn't break any fucking laws to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You mean his stance that he just started having a month ago when the NRA endorsed him after they most likely donated to his campaign? Because in 2000 he wanted assault weapons banned.
    No kidding, reforming New Yorker's is no small task. I wish there was a philosophy where urban areas could just limit themselves and leave the other 90% of the country alone.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Clinton is very corrupted.
    Welfare receivers voted Obama, not Clinton.

Trump will win the election.
    Yeah, gotta love the non-evidence you provided there. Considering MOST welfare users are poorly educated whites that tend to vote conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    You make up a fallacious observation, "people are voting for Hilary because they are afraid of Trump", and then talk about setting a low bar. That kind of discourse really makes for a "high bar". I say again, you sir, PrimaryColor, are a hypocrite.
    Why else vote for Hillary?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, gotta love the non-evidence you provided there. Considering MOST welfare users are poorly educated whites that tend to vote conservative.
    The country is 2/3rds white so that doesn't mean much. Unless you have a source that uses percentages.

Source? Credible source even? The irony is hilarious in this post btw.
    Last edited by Zyster; 2016-06-27 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    No you would still be losing. Hilary is a lot more closer to being a conservative than she is at being a progressive in todays term of progressive.
    Not a problem, can't do much worse than Scalia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The country is 2/3rds white so that doesn't mean much. Unless you have a source that uses percentages.
    Percentage wise whites and blacks are about even with blacks being roughly 1% higher.
    http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

The US population
    https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00

I have zero interest in anything the young turks have to say. What a bunch of fucking clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Percentage wise whites and blacks are about even with blacks being roughly 1% higher.
    http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

The US population
    https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00
    Interesting, so you are saying that whites aren't the majority of welfare recipients?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, I think Skroe hacked Theodarzna's account.
    No you see Hillary, who has never been dishonest or wrong ever on anything and has been right on everything including her decision to go back in time to make sure she didn't vote for the Iraq War, is super great, she is super conservative, just ask Skroe, she is super Liberal just ask Matches, you see she is never inconsistent and both does not need anyone's vote because 100% of the country has pledged undying love to her, but also those people who don't like her are sexist misogynistic shitlords, Hillary Clinton has consistently not been Donald Trump since the day she was conceived. She supports all issues various voters support, also women! Plus Trump is a Sexist, Racist, Fascist, Shitlord and like a Gamergater?! Vote Hillary to keep us out of, or in, war in the Middle East.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.