Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    They definitely didn't make Benjen talk about the magic of the wall for nothing this episode.
    I just took it for him to explain why he couldnt cross. Him interacting with Jon would be interesting so unless they gave a reason why it cant people would likely complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best guess is that because Bran was...branded by the Night King, when he goes through the wall to go south, the brand will do something to the magic and let them get by it. Or it'll just be destroyed or something.

They definitely didn't make Benjen talk about the magic of the wall for nothing this episode.
    That makes no sense. He could have branded any random person from the watch and have them run back past the wall scarred shitless, and presto wall is gone.

As for Arya, the red Woman was on her list at one point so it would interesting if they bump into each other again. Then at least 2 people on her kill list are still in KL (Cerci/Mountain). I do think that id prefer Arya have a good family reunion rather then going south to kill Cerci, Jamie is going to do the deed for her for sure.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

They could also have just had him say "You're clearly out of danger now, ima go back fight the bad guys ok bye."

There's no way Bran is just going to sit next to that Weirwood tree and not get back to the other side of the wall. Hell he knows that Winterfell has a Weirwood on its grounds.

Since the Horn has not been brought up or even referenced, and they already used the brand as a way of letting the White Walkers get past magical barriers that prevented them from doing so in the past, it seems like a no brainer honestly.

That makes no sense. He could have branded any random person from the watch and have them run back past the wall scarred shitless, and presto wall is gone.
    Just saying. Watch when it happens. The White Walkers didn't have the force they had now, and unless I'm forgetting, their entire army hadn't been at the wall yet in the current time. You are right though, he could have done so if he wanted under my theory.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-06-27 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    some vids r up.

[video=youtube;rzOpXpMgEzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzOpXpMgEzU[video]

[video=youtube;nRTP9SUkHl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRTP9SUkHl8[video]

[video=youtube;0hYFxM5G_t4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hYFxM5G_t4[video]

[video=youtube;-jnk2QUmVTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jnk2QUmVTQ[video]
    Nice videos. I'll watch more if you have them.

I didn't realize Sansa was so sour about Jon getting all the credit. I guess she will betray him and join Little Finger to try to take some power. Well maybe not take power but she at least may not be truthful to him.

I really wish Bran would show up and say "I don't have time for this muggle shit, I name Jon rightful ruler" so we can be done with it. Bran is the only one left who really has a rightful claim...

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    And i agree with whoever said that Miguel Sapochnik needs to direct the rest of this series because wow...two absolutely amazing episodes...so good.

He also did Hardhome http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0764601/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post

He could always go to the Starks.
    I can't see a Stark accepting Jamie, not even with the help of Brienne after he killed the Blackfish. Arya wants him dead. Jon would send him away or get him to fight the White Walkers at best. Sansha would want him dead by association, Brann is out of the equation. The only thing I think that could put Jamie in good terms with the Starks if Jamie dedicated the Lannister army to fighting the White Walkers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    I think you at least need a body to be resurrected :P
    It would be the body that is the fattest, not hard to find (sorry Mace!)

Deleted
    So. How's everyone feeling about a 42 week wait for Season 7?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I can't see a Stark accepting Jamie
    Why not? Just because he's a Lannister? I'm pretty sure only Catelyn and maybe Rob knew that he crippled Bran. Otherwise there's no real reason to hate him so much. It's not like he was even on Arya's list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    We know when season 7 is starting? Do we know if it's the last season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    All i'll say is when the show hits its logical conclusion of a CGI orgy of dragons and ice zombies clashing for the survival of the known world, put this man in charge!

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Nice videos. I'll watch more if you have them.

I didn't realize Sansa was so sour about Jon getting all the credit. I guess she will betray him and join Little Finger to try to take some power. Well maybe not take power but she at least may not be truthful to him.

I really wish Bran would show up and say "I don't have time for this muggle shit, I name Jon rightful ruler" so we can be done with it. Bran is the only one left who really has a rightful claim...
    I think we'll see a return of the bratty, "fuck up everything in her path", Sansa return in a short time when the series resumes. She honestly could've nipped the Little Finger problem in the butt had she been 100% open with Jon but I feel like she will continue to deal with LF behind closed doors, resulting a lot of political turmoil. Either Jon somehow muscles through LFs version of the Red Wedding or we get another tragedy. Turns out that Sansa is still Sansa, the bratty princess that thinks she knows more than everyone else (which I think is fine from a storytelling perspective)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Why not? Just because he's a Lannister? I'm pretty sure only Catelyn and maybe Rob knew that he crippled Bran. Otherwise there's no real reason to hate him so much. It's not like he was even on Arya's list.
    Sansa has bad blood with the Lannisters. If Arya ever hooks back up with Jon and Sansa, she has bad blood with the Lannisters (she was trying to kill Jamie in the episode), and then there is the Fray and Lannister alliance. Even though Jamie really didn't have a hand in any of the politics, they will only see him as another Lannister unless there is a plot device that says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Unpopular opinion: They need to take all that time to get their writing back up to par. Sorry, but "well, there were hundreds of barrels of wildfire that just happened to be placed underground" as a wrap up to the Sparrows was about as hamfisted as one could imagine, despite my joy at that particular part of the story *finally* being over. Cults and converts make for terribly boring storylines.

Also, I'm finding it difficult to believe that Littlefinger would throw his cards on the table so soon to Sansa. She has no one lined up to marry right now, there was no pressing need to make that particular move, certainly not to a girl who's seen him marry her aunt, boot her ass out the moon door, and then immediately give her away to a sadist. Nope, just nope. She's smarter than that, and he knows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post

As for Arya, the red Woman was on her list at one point so it would interesting if they bump into each other again. Then at least 2 people on her kill list are still in KL (Cerci/Mountain). I do think that id prefer Arya have a good family reunion rather then going south to kill Cerci, Jamie is going to do the deed for her for sure.
    We've had ~2 seasons of Arya being set up as a badass assassin, I really hope she gets a few more kills in. Hell, I hope her blood trail leads her back to Jon and Sansa as they try to figure out who is killing all of their political enemies.

Deleted
    God damn, what a finale for the season. Time to break open quality stuff and watch it again.

Deleted
    How can Sam be so damned stupid that he doesn't run north with the sword where it can be useful against WWs, instead he goes to Old Town like nothing's happened, his father will take his army n march them up Sam's butthole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Unpopular opinion: They need to take all that time to get their writing back up to par. Sorry, but "well, there were hundreds of barrels of wildfire that just happened to be placed underground"
    Um... "just happened"?

The wildfire hidden beneath the city is the entire reason Jaime killed the Mad King. We've known about it for years now. This is one of the slowest burns (forgive the pun) in the whole plot. It wasn't just written in this episode as a way to kill some people off.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-06-27 at 04:02 AM.

Arya...(she was trying to kill Jamie in the episode)
    Oh yeah...I forgot about that...

It's actually kinda surprising that Arya killed Walder Fray's sons and cooked them up in time to kill him. Like, I know she really really REALLY hates him but that seems like a lot of seduction for one night. I'm not entirely sure she even needed to hide her face since no one knows her.

I'm also a bit confused as to why she can wear those masks when she's clearly "Someone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Unpopular opinion: They need to take all that time to get their writing back up to par. Sorry, but "well, there were hundreds of barrels of wildfire that just happened to be placed underground" as a wrap up to the Sparrows was about as hamfisted as one could imagine, despite my joy at that particular part of the story *finally* being over. Cults and converts make for terribly boring storylines.

Also, I'm finding it difficult to believe that Littlefinger would throw his cards on the table so soon to Sansa. She has no one lined up to marry right now, there was no pressing need to make that particular move, certainly not to a girl who's seen him marry her aunt, boot her ass out the moon door, and then immediately give her away to a sadist. Nope, just nope. She's smarter than that, and he knows it.
    The wildfire thing was actually alluded to for a long time. People probably would've been disappointed if Cersei didn't blow the keep to kingdom come this episode. The Little Finger thing could possible, we'll have to see, his character flaw and downfall. Instead of playing to his behind the scenes strengths, LF wants the Iron Throne, that should be his downfall right there. Thinking he found a naive girl in Sansa to manipulate until she flips the table on him. Remember, she knows his games, she at least witnessed and survived a few of them if she doesn't fully see LF for what he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had ~2 seasons of Arya being set up as a badass assassin, I really hope she gets a few more kills in. Hell, I hope her blood trail leads her back to Jon and Sansa as they try to figure out who is killing all of their political enemies.
    Yea seeing the fruits of her training pay off in a big way will be nice. Though i'm confused about the whole face changing thing. I assume its a sort of mystical skill that needs to be learned? or you can use a physical face like Arya did the first time? Sort of confused about the specifics and how she was able to do it after essentially leaving the faceless men.

--Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    How can Sam be so damned stupid that he doesn't run north with the sword where it can be useful against WWs, instead he goes to Old Town like nothing's happened, his father will take his army n march them up Sam's butthole.
    Oh yeah I forgot he appeared in the episode. That receptionist had such a bad attitude I thought it was hilarious and just like how most receptionists are.

I really thought the receptionist was gonna tell Sam that Jon Snow isn't Lord Commander cause he quit and Sam was gonna be like wtf. For the fucking library of the world they sure don't keep up to date on current events.