Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I decided not to vote this election. If Hillary wants to support Burnie's policies, even some of them, I'll vote for her. Until then, fuck it. I'm waiting for a 3rd party to rise up and take Bernie's place. I'd rather vote for Zoltan Istvan than Hillary. Just for the lol's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Interesting, so you are saying that whites aren't the majority of welfare recipients?
    Nope, its just stats. Of course more whites get welfare than blacks, whites are 3/4 of the population. As a percentage of population they are basically equal. Someone asked for stats I provided the links.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2016-06-27 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I decided not to vote this election. If Hillary wants to support Burnie's policies, even some of them, I'll vote for her. Until then, fuck it. I'm waiting for a 3rd party to rise up and take Bernie's place. I'd rather vote for Zoltan Istvan than Hillary. Just for the lol's.
    I will definitely take wherever I can with Hillary not receiving votes. Still amazed how she has made it to where she has. Just goes to show how garbage our country has become. Anyways, you really should vote. Don't vote off of whether you agree or disagree with any of the nominees, but if your vote actually mattered, you should be trying to put whoever you think will be best in office out of the available candidates. After all, if there is one candidate you completely despise over the rest, not voting could potentially result in their favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Nope, its just stats. Of course more whites get welfare than blacks, whites are 3/4 of the population. As a percentage of population they are basically equal. Someone asked for stats I provided the links.
    Your statistics aren't based off a % of the population. They are based off those receiving welfare, which the majority is not whites. So out of "110,489,000" is where the % are ran against. If you want %s of the populace, it would be less favorable for blacks since they are far less than whites, resulting in an even higher % than the 1% in the statistics (okay, I don't really know if it would be far higher, just assuming).
    Last edited by Zyster; 2016-06-27 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I will definitely take wherever I can with Hillary not receiving votes. Still amazed how she has made it to where she has. Just goes to show how garbage our country has become. Anyways, you really should vote. Don't vote off of whether you agree or disagree with any of the nominees, but if your vote actually mattered, you should be trying to put whoever you think will be best in office out of the available candidates. After all, if there is one candidate you completely despise over the rest, not voting could potentially result in their favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Your statistics aren't based off a % of the population. They are based off those receiving welfare, which the majority is not whites. So out of "110,489,000" is where the % are ran against. If you want %s of the populace, it would be less favorable for blacks since they are far less than whites, resulting in an even higher % than the 1% in the statistics (okay, I don't really know if it would be far higher, just assuming).
    Ahhh ok, thanks. I misread as total of population. Either way I was just posting stats someone asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Ahhh ok, thanks. I misread as total of population. Either way I was just posting stats someone asked for.
    Oh sorry if I came off as ungrateful. I'm thankful you posted them. I know @Orbitus wouldn't. So nice coming from somewhere.
    Last edited by Zyster; 2016-06-27 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    No you see Hillary, who has never been dishonest or wrong ever on anything and has been right on everything including her decision to go back in time to make sure she didn't vote for the Iraq War, is super great, she is super conservative, just ask Skroe, she is super Liberal just ask Matches, you see she is never inconsistent and both does not need anyone's vote because 100% of the country has pledged undying love to her, but also those people who don't like her are sexist misogynistic shitlords, Hillary Clinton has consistently not been Donald Trump since the day she was conceived. She supports all issues various voters support, also women! Plus Trump is a Sexist, Racist, Fascist, Shitlord and like a Gamergater?! Vote Hillary to keep us out of, or in, war in the Middle East.
    Hey look more straw manning. You have thousands of my comments. Find ONE where I suggest Clinton has never done wrong or said anyone who opposes her is anything approaching a "sexist misogynistic shitlord." I'm sorry if being corrected so many times has broken you, but I'm sure you can do a little better. Just cause I don't want to blow Sanders doesn't mean I think Clinton is perfect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Hillary is the status quo. If you admit hardly any liberals are excited for her then it is not a bullshit assertion.
    If I did admit that, absolutely that would be a bullshit assertion. Of course, anyone reading what I am saying would notice that I did not say that nor imply that. Was that a lame attempt at a strawman?

However, you did say:
    Democrats and Hillary have people so hysterically scared of Trump, she has them eating out her hands. I hope she delivers to them what they are looking for.
    Which IS a bullshit assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Not a problem, can't do much worse than Scalia.
    You cant even be sure of that. Most likely it will be someone who gave her foundation money.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You cant even be sure of that. Most likely it will be someone who gave her foundation money.
    Rampant speculation is not an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Even if she were to switch policies to mimic Bernie's, I hold little trust that she will abide by them. Because of that, this will be the first election I'm sitting out of. I'd only vote for someone that I'd trust to make a decent POTUS and neither of the two fit the bill so I'll let the rest of the country decide.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Are you still harping on that? The FBI has admitted SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES, that they aren't even investigating her. And anything, she didn't break any fucking laws to begin with.
    you still hanging on to that lie
    I will give you the chance give me the quote from a named FBI source claiming Clinton is not being investigated and then I will give you the from of the FBI director him self saying they dont do security reviews and a quote from a federal judge and white house saying this is a criminal investigation

I'm staying Green. I'd be fun, if he joined us, but that's not the agenda we want to push. Not sure what the problem is though, Bernie isn't a democrat. Demo's just didn't have anyone to oppose Killary.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Maybe in the future, there will be room for more parties and politicians with different views, so the people would be better represented. Yes, when more people have a say in things, less will be done, but it won't be locked down in silly partisan politics at least.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I'm looking for a not-Republican picking the Supreme Court justice. I'd say I'm definitely getting what I want if Trump loses.
    If you don't want a republican on the court, why are you voting for someone who is going to appoint one? Did Henry Kissinger become a progressive now? Is Barry Goldwater a progressive too?

Hell, Garland loves him some Citizens United, and that is Obama's appointee. What makes you think the woman who won't consider Warren as a running mate because Goldman Sachs told her she's a no-go is going to give you someone who isn't a pro business republican?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Just cause I don't want to blow Sanders doesn't mean I think Clinton is perfect.
    If you identify yourself as a left wing voter and/or progressive, vote as such, and you aren't voting for Sanders over Clinton, you're either not what you believe you are, or you are directly voting against your own beliefs. You cannot keep stretching the terms of what things mean to the point that you can claim to be something you aren't. It's akin to claiming to be pro-choice but that those nasty abortion clinics have got to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like his stance on illegal immigration and the 2nd amendment.
    Which stance on the second amendment do you like? He's had a few different ones at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Which stance on the second amendment do you like? He's had a few different ones at this point.
    My favorite is when he claimed those who supported his stance on guns after Orlando shooting, were unable to see the "obvious". He litteraly claimed his supporter's lack reading comprehension, to defend his change of opinion within 48 hours of making and then doubling down on his initial claim. He might be the first president that will blame his constituents for any bump he hits in the presidancy. 'I did not fail, all of those who elected me are losers' is something I expect from his presidancy...

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary must be leading because she has strong powerful man hands!
    The comments about small hands are because of a journalist who made that claim years ago, to have Trump troll him over it for around a decade. Posts about small hands are just making fun of him for having thin skin and reaction of an internet troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Democrats and Hillary have people so hysterically scared of Trump, she has them eating out her hands. I hope she delivers to them what they are looking for.
    You are missing over 30 years of history in why people fear Trump's presidancy. If you think Phil Hartman making fun of his stupidity in the 80s was democrats or Hilary doing it, your opinion of her omnipotence is far greater than any Hilary supporter I've ever encountered. Trump's slumb lord lawsuits, "you bitch, leave my husband alone", suing NFL for monopoly on football, pretending to be his publicist and the distrust of his on colleagues, predate Bill Clinton as the president. Trump was treated exactly the same when he was a democrat... The thing that changed, is the apparent memory loss of his supporters...

I'm of the opinion that Democrats or Hilary have assumed too much of people's ability to remember and have not even gone after him, in the same way Ted Cruz tried to do. At some point you need to realize that Trump's history is not machinations of the left, but his own doing. Democrats and liberals didn't treat Trump any better when he was one of them. I guess he made the right choice switching... Personal accountability doesn't stop when you leave the poverty line...

Remember, Trump university was not a big deal until Marco Rubio, not Hilary or democrats, brought it up in debates. Trump's liable changes were not because of something Hilary or democrats said, but Ted Cruz's political ad. His insulting his own supporters over changing his opinion on Orlando shooting, didn't come after attacks by the left, but after a private meeting with NRA.
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-06-27 at 02:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Oy this again.

Here are a few facts.

-More people have stated they will vote for Hillary who supported Bernie than people who said they would vote for Obama who supported Hillary in 2008. So this is less of an issue than in 2008 where Obama won quite handily.

-Bernie said he wasn't going to drop out until the convention -- likely because that's what he said he would do and what he thinks is the most respectful thing to do with his base.

-Although not fact, I'm willing to bet large sums of money that Bernie will formally endorse Clinton and start actively campaigning for her after the convention. Why? Because he has a large seat at the table to put his policy into action for the Dem platform and he'll have enough time to get over his wounded ego of his loss. The specter of a Trump presidency and the political pressure will get Bernie in line.

You know who won't vote for Clinton? The pure ideological voters. Those overwhelming tend to be the youth vote. You know who makes a lot of noise but doesn't turn out to actually vote? The youth vote.

Clinton doesn't have a problem with Bernie voters, and unless Trump can turn around his campaign with anyone other than straight white males, she probably doesn't even need Bernie voters.

And for god's sake Vyxn give it a rest. Benghazi didn't stick and neither will the email thing. She's not getting indicted. You can tin foil hat the reasons why all you want but that's the political reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Emjay18 View Post
    If you identify yourself as a left wing voter and/or progressive, vote as such, and you aren't voting for Sanders over Clinton, you're either not what you believe you are, or you are directly voting against your own beliefs. You cannot keep stretching the terms of what things mean to the point that you can claim to be something you aren't. It's akin to claiming to be pro-choice but that those nasty abortion clinics have got to go.
    Or I'm a progressive that actually cares about getting shit done. I love all these liberal purity contests from Sanders supporters who have never been politically active in their lives. As if wanting a 70% increase in the minimum wage can't possibly be liberal because someone is proposing more than doubling it. The only liberal choice must be voting for someone who is borderline retarded on foreign issues because the alternative regretfully voted for the war her constituents wanted. The ONLY liberal choice is the guy who want to abolish college tuition despite the fact Clinton has been talking about debt-free college for months. Sanders does not have a good understanding of the issues, he doesn't have the temperament to be president and he lacks many of the other intangibles that make an effective leader. Hell he didn't even have a decent plan on what to do if he started running a successful campaign or much of anything of substance after his top 3 issues.

I'm not going to vote for someone who cannot work with others. As Barney Frank put it decades ago.

Bernie alienates his natural allies. His holier-than-thou attitude—saying in a very loud voice he is smarter than everyone else and purer than everyone else—really undercuts his effectiveness.
    Also,
    I think he has unduly denigrated the institution and a lot of the members. It does not help leftist causes to make people think government is full of poltroons and charlatans.
    And finally, this one is particularly funny given how often Sanders supporters accuse Clinton supporters of being uninformed on the issues.

“I think it is a lack of information, to be honest,” Frank said, explaining Sanders’s appeal. “You have people, I believe, who do not understand how hard it is to make change. [It is] the importance of not just being idealistic, but being sensibly pragmatic and keeping their ideals. Sanders is getting their support.”
    So you can leave your No True Scotsman arguments at the door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Or I'm a progressive that actually cares about getting shit done.
    This goes to what I said before -- the purely ideological voters tend to be young first or second time voters. There is a huge segment (on both sides) that recognizes that with the system we have now voting for anything other than the two parties is a wasted vote...and it's far better to get 50% of what you want then risk someone coming to power that will get you -20% of what you want.

Pragmatism will get Hillary elected more than anything really.

The Clinton's are so innocent that anybody who was ever set to testify against them has committed suicide by means of shooting themselves in the back of the head or gotten distracted by their wrongness and gotten into accidents.