Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Thanks for the spoiler tag, asshole.
    your on mmo-champion.

you have probably been on here oh i dont know since march 2010.

so if you look at front page every few days, EVERY SINGLE THING I JUST SAID.

was on the front page over the past few months more than once.

cry more.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSaying View Post
    no matter what happens in this expansion, we will win anyways.
    Huh? Not if you wipe. You seem to have misunderstood the difference between a book or a movie and a game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Weren't they responsible for corrupting him in the first place?
    ....... No.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

But the nature of stories is to have a happy ending. Therefore, good always triumphs. We know this when it comes to almost EVERY story and narrative piece in the world. We all knew that Harry Potter was going to kill Voldemort (spoilers!), James Bond escapes certain death and stops Blofeld (spoiler again!) or that Po would become a kung-fu master and defeat Tai Lung (more spoilers!). What's important is the journey and how the inevitability of that expected triumph would come to pass.

Sure, the forces of Azeroth will prevail over the Legion, but will it be a sure victory this time, completely ridding the world of the Legion once and for all? Or will we only push them back for an expected sequel X number of years down the road? Even more important than that, how will things in Azeroth change for the long haul? We've already seen the loss of a couple main NPC's right at the beginning of everything, with still at least another year worth of other shocking changes. It is these elements that make the story worth experiencing, not who comes out on top at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantrus View Post
    Evil did just win, Xenophobes voted for the UK to leave the EU and won.
    This./10char.

On topic tho.

It wouldn't work with the Legion. The Legion is batshit crazy genocidal. They win, nothing is left.

Deleted
    They missed a huge opportunity on Draenor to let Archimonde/the Legion win to show us why and what we should be afraid of.

The Legion cannot win on Azeroth or the game ends. Draenor on the other hand they could have destroyed without too many repurcussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    your on mmo-champion.

you have probably been on here oh i dont know since march 2010.

so if you look at front page every few days, EVERY SINGLE THING I JUST SAID.

was on the front page over the past few months more than once.

cry more.
    You assume i traverse mmo-c religiously. And that changes nothing anyway. Spoiler tag if spoilers. Don't be an ass. I had no idea about any of that until you blatantly said it.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Evil completely winning can work if you don't plan on having any sequels.
    Or if you have better writers than Kosak manning the helm.

Letting evil win at the end of an expansion could be done - and done well...but I have severe doubts the current writing staff could do it (cough Grom taking credit for defeating his own troopscough)

It would be like us clearing out the Legion, somehow, and things look good - and Azshara pops out of the Mealstrom and lays waste to everything and the world is plunged into chaos...and the next expansion starts with mopping up, regathering the forces and assets, and coming up with a plan, and the next two content patches deal with the plan. Now it's fighting Ashara off - and keeping the Legion at bay - a war on two fronts.

I don't see them doing anything like this, however.

More than that, I wish our char would become Evil, would say fuck it and use the powers of the Void to try to defeat Sargeras. Kinda like the Blade&Soul approach.

Or as someone else said, they missed the opportunity in WoD. It would have been extremely nice to see us getting defeated and having to retreat as fast as possible through the portal to avoid the destruction of the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evil does win on occasion, but not very often. We lost in the Throne of Tides dungeon, Broken Shore is probably the worst loss in WoW for the good guys. I'd even consider WoD a draw because Gul'dan escapes and begins the fucking up of Azeroth. An expansion where we lose is hard to make without a sequel xpack (WoD to Legion), but there are a few individual battles that we lose every now and then. Not enough of them though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It would be like us clearing out the Legion, somehow, and things look good - and Azshara pops out of the Mealstrom and lays waste to everything and the world is plunged into chaos...and the next expansion starts with mopping up, regathering the forces and assets, and coming up with a plan, and the next two content patches deal with the plan. Now it's fighting Ashara off - and keeping the Legion at bay - a war on two fronts.
    "Suddenly Azshara" strikes me as bad writing. Essentially a Deus Ex Machina for the Legion
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by JustSaying View Post
    I'm kinda tired of this good-always-win thing. It's kinda boring to know that no matter what happens in this expansion, we will win anyways.

What if we killed some important bosses in this expansion and thought we were doing great but the truth is that those bosses were just lure-rabbits and something much bigger was happening behind the curtains and last patch of the expansion we find ourselfs on losing side, get kicked to balls and only few of heroes and important-characters survive by pure luck.
    After that next expansion will be 10-20 years after that event and those few now-old heroes try to fight back but because "winner writes history" happened , most of the commoners (both alliance and horde) hate those old heroes.

Edit:
    It seems that most people have only read the topic header and then come here to say "If evil wins, WoW ends. The end" and I should have known better and check how people read and comment in this forums before posting anything.

If you guy read comments in this thread there are many good ideas how things could go on after getting ass kicked by x enemy. Have a look, be open minded and give your idea how things could go on. For example there must be other places than just Azeroth, can't there? Who really knows what is hiding in infinite space?
    My first post in this thread, this one, was just one of the many possibilities there could happen.
    The evil side winning is a good idea, though it's a bit hard for them to apply your version of it. "Winning writes history" can't happen if the winner is the Legion, the Scourge, the Old Gods or the naga. It could happen if the winners were Garrosh's horde (or Iron Horde), the Defias or certain other groups, however.
    And it would be pretty cool!

But I think the way the "evil" could win would be: we kill one of their greatest generals/warriors/whatever, but they're still able to do what they wanted.
    In Legion, for example, we could kill Kil'jaeden, but only after he (or one of his servants) summons the avatar of Sargeras. The avatar goes away somehow, to a new continent we didn't know existed, and we kill him two expansions later.

Evil can have degrees of success over good, such as Cairne, Bolvar, Garrosh, etc becoming corrupted or getting killed. Gul'Dan can get away, Theramore can get destroyed & Jaina can take a 180 in her personality, & alliances between the factions can erode. We also lose to evil in countless other ways due to most of the new races we encounter almost entirely get corrupted or obliterated by the undead plague, old god corruption, or trolls wiping out their own race in exchange for power grabs. That is a big loss to evil by itself. However, there are some things we can't allow evil to win at. Archimode couldn't have destroyed Nordrassil or Azeroth was toast, the Legion can't have too big of a victory in itself or Azeroth will be toast. If they did have a huge victory they would be able to quickly destroy Azeroth, faster than what would probably constitute an actual WoW expansion.

I want a great victory for the Forsaken in the end and they are supposedly evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    You assume i traverse mmo-c religiously. And that changes nothing anyway. Spoiler tag if spoilers. Don't be an ass. I had no idea about any of that until you blatantly said it.
    Well i apologise ill refrain from posting most likely common knowledge for a lot of people on a fan site that has itself posted said information Numerous times.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Wod would have been a good one to make us lose, as it would have no impact on our reality. And legion could literally start as it's going, maybe with a slight alteration of archi coming with guldan.

The thing is, do you really want to invest nearly 2 years of playing into a progressive game, where each week you get stronger, only to lose in the end? Maybe some would, for either a change of flavour or good lore, but the majority wouldn't, it would feel a big let down

I don't think an expansion like that would work. It would need a greater than Cataclysm level of work on the world to make it believable, and assuming that the characters come back into the world's good graces it would need another rework the expansion after to set things right again. Maybe if Blizzard's track record was better, but I don't see them putting shit out fast enough for something like that to be reasonable outside of making a sequel that works with that theme in mind from the ground up.

Maybe having us lose "a raid" would be doable, but that's not really on the magnitude that you seem to imply in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Well if the Legion wins the war they won't just rule this world, they will consume it like every realm they come across, so there won't be anyone here after 10-20 years. It would be the end of the Warcraft IP.
    I sure wouldn't want Legion demonologists to win the battle, one expac about them is pretty much enough, and we still got their background in BC, albeit mixed with Orcs, some Draenei both good and evil, and BE . If they win, they sure will be another xpac about them, not necessary the next one but later, at the expense of other content.

OP plays and is found of warlocks and demonolgy, maybie, and want them to win in Legion.^^

NB : I am not found of Demons and all of this myself, but this xpac is a necessary evil. I sure hope we will get something new next time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to spoil anything here, but if you've been playing the beta or watching coverage, you know that The Broken Shore Invasion doesn't go well for us.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Because of the way the game is structured, the only way for players to "lose" is to have the rug pulled out from under them in an unsatisfying way.
    Killing a boss but then having another NOC show up to say "ahaha! that was my plan all along!" just isn't very enjoyable, and wouldn't really add enough to the overall experience to justify that dip.

I believe they're going to be doing this for Legion. If you saw some of the spoilers, you'd know that we're going to be feeling pretty hopeless.