Oh look a daily mail article. The epitome of truth and facts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I just feel bad for the young voters (!)...they got screwed the most.
    Don't. Only like 30% of young voters actually voted. Next time less Facebook more real life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Don't. Only like 30% of young voters actually voted. Next time less Facebook more real life?
    Hey man, the young bunch were too busy partying in Glastonbury to decide on their country's future, Facebook has no part in this.

Deleted
    where did you get this fact from?

See http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...-eu-referendum
    What was voter turnout across age groups?

Update: 26/6: Social media is passing round a stat that only 36 per cent of 18-24 year olds voted. Given that this age group was the most likely to vote Remain, this would imply that if turnout had matched that of higher age groups, Remain coudld have triumphed.

However, it's not quite as simple as that - this is not real turnout data, and we will in fact never know exactly what proportion of each age group voted. Some quick background: at General Elections, representatives from political parties stand outside polling stations asking for your voting ID number, and collate this information country-wide to figure out who voted (and guess how, based on canvassing data). However, they tend not to at one-off votes, such as referendums, and didn't on Thursday.

The source for the referendum's supposed turnout data is Sky Data, which tweeted this out today:

Follow
    Sky Data @SkyData
    % who got through our final #EUref poll turnout filter by age group:

18-24: 36%
    25-34: 58%
    35-44: 72%
    45-54: 75%
    55-64: 81%
    65+: 83%
    2:45 PM - 25 Jun 2016
    2,495 2,495 Retweets 1,516 1,516 likes

Sky isn't claiming this is collected data - it's projected, and a subsequent tweet said it was based on "9+/10 certainty to vote, usually/always votes, voted/ineligible at GE2015". I've asked for more information on what this means, but for now it's enough to say it's nothing more than a guess. Graphics from the BBC show that areas with younger populations generally had lower turn-out, but that's the closest we have to hard-and-fast data on youth turnout.

David Cameron had the last laugh, he's set his successor up to fail.

If his successor invokers article 50 = career suicide
    If his successor does not invoke article 50 = career suicide

Seems crafty Dave had the last laugh.

This will go one of 3 ways now

1) David Cameron's successor invokes article 50, Scotland and Northern Ireland both leave, we find out just how we the UK will do.

2) David Cameron's successor asks Brussels to allow the UK to remain in the EU, Brussels tells X to fuck off politely, we get a messy breakup and not very favourable trade deals.

3) David Cameron's succesor asks Brussels to allow the UK to remain in the EU, Brussels demands even more powers than it had before AND removes the UK's right to VETO until it earns it back.

None of which is good. People sharp forget that the referendum was not legally binding, it was just an advisory exercise and can LEGALLY be ignored if the government really want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post

1) David Cameron's successor invokes article 50, Scotland and Northern Ireland both leave, we find out just how we the UK will do.

2) David Cameron's successor asks Brussels to allow the UK to remain in the EU, Brussels tells X to fuck off politely, we get a messy breakup and not very favourable trade deals.

3) David Cameron's succesor asks Brussels to allow the UK to remain in the EU, Brussels demands even more powers than it had before AND removes the UK's right to VETO until it earns it back.

None of which is good. People sharp forget that the referendum was not legally binding, it was just an advisory exercise and can LEGALLY be ignored if the government really want.
    Well...
    David Cameron just entered history the wrong way, so I don't think he'll be doing much smiling to be honest.

Deleted
    Well...
    David Cameron just entered history the wrong way, so I don't think he'll be doing much smiling to be honest.
    I'd honestly love to have been a fly on the wall watching many of the protagonists in this after the moment the result came in. If I only got to watch one of them I think Boris would have been the most interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    I'd honestly love to have been a fly on the wall watching many of the protagonists in this after the moment the result came in. If I only got to watch one of them I think Boris would have been the most interesting.
    But then again I wonder what Boris does when he's not on camera anyway. He prolly like sits it the dining room banging his head on the wall or something.

Well...
    Well, obviously he's gone down as a tit, but he had a laugh on the way out. rather amusing, I have no sympathy for any of them, snake merchants the lot of them.

Deleted
    But then again I wonder what Boris does when he's not on camera anyway. He prolly like sits it the dining room banging his head on the wall or something.
    I don't think he is at all stupid. I think the eccentricity is played up and there is a more Machiavellian side to him he keeps hidden away.

In his spare time I see him drinking brandy and watching the original House Of Cards, cheering as Francis Urquhart murders the journalist.

4) Successor ignores the referendum. People get angry and vote Labour in by a landslide or worse the Anti EU Tories rebel big time, join UKIP and the conservative party ousts the new leader quickly.

While not legally binding it will be suicide to ignore politically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    I don't think he is at all stupid. I think the eccentricity is played up and there is a more Machiavellian side to him he keeps hidden away.

In his spare time I see him drinking brandy and watching the original House Of Cards, cheering as Francis Urquhart murders the journalist.
    He hides it well in his pseudo dementia then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    4) Successor ignores the referendum. People get angry and vote Labour in by a landslide or worse the Anti EU Tories rebel big time, join UKIP and the conservative party ousts the new leader quickly.

While not legally binding it will be suicide to ignore politically.
    That's what I'm saying, they have literally no choice but to ignore it, no one is going to step forward and take up the position, to invoke that and ultimately commit career suicide. Bet anything you want Parliament overturn it.

That's what I'm saying, they have literally no choice but to ignore it, no one is going to step forward and take up the position, to invoke that and ultimately commit career suicide. Bet anything you want Parliament overturn it.
    Parliament will not over turn it. There is too much to lose in the way of votes for it. Honestly this vote should never have happened in the first place. Leave campaign looks like it doesn't know what to do. Remain campaign MPs are all but discredited in England and Wales. The only one looking good out of this is the SNP in Scotland and maybe Sinn Fein in republican areas of Northern Ireland.

Indeed but honestly nothing new. Most of these people were just keeping themselves quiet since around 2000. Now they have become emboldened. Even those of us who were born in the UK but have a parent or grandparent from another country have been victims of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Indeed but honestly nothing new. Most of these people were just keeping themselves quiet since around 2000. Now they have become emboldened. Even those of us who were born in the UK but have a parent or grandparent from another country have been victims of it.
    Yeah, they stuck to their internet circle-jerks, just too bad they're back among the public.

UK. Now openly home to Stormfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I just feel bad for the young voters (!)...they got screwed the most.
    The young intelligent ones that cared, given the turn out among them it's kind of their fault this happened in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

are you suggesting US senators are not engaging in milking the system for money for their states?
    nope they do it for sure, but imagine that USA instead of a POTUS had a council with all the governors of the 50 states that need to be nearly unanimous to make a simple decision and each one had veto power and each one will weight it's decision in it's own national consensus prospective, that would be so ridiculous that would make house of card and game of thrones look a decent alternative.
    That is what we have in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.