Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Superfluous question: flail for DKs

Can it happen? Maybe dual flails for frost? It would be cool...

Adding a new weapon type would be super pointless at this stage of the game. That being said, I think they could design some 1h and 2h maces to look like flails if they wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotch View Post
    Adding a new weapon type would be super pointless at this stage of the game. That being said, I think they could design some 1h and 2h maces to look like flails if they wanted.
    Warriors and port paladin's have flails as artefact skins.

Also they just added the new warglaive weapon type.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, dual flail seems kinda awkward.

Would cost us a raid tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, thought the same thing. Not sure how this is even supposed to work. Esp. because one is already pretty hard to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Warriors and port paladin's have flails as artefact skins.

Also they just added the new warglaive weapon type.
    Didn't know about the flail skins, haven't been interested enough in warrior/paladin to look through their info much. So yeah, clearly something they can do then.

And yes, they added warglaives which are super iconic and lore heavy for the class they added. It made enough sense to include them, even if they could have just been classified as 1h swords like the legendary ones from Black Temple. However flails being separate from maces, or any other potential new weapon type, doesn't have that kind of lore backing as far as I know (I don't read the books), and would not add anything meaningful to the game to justify making a new weapon type.

As far as I know they are just skins for existing one handed weapons.
    And yeah... Now that you guys mentioned, it could look quite goofy someone running around with two of them.

No. DKs use RUNEBLADES. Ret/Prot maybe could use them.

I don't think they'd be able to satisfactorily/realistically portray the full range of motion that a flail would have.

There are 1h flails in the game coming legion, dual wield flails would look fucking retarded but a 2h-ed flail could be okay if they kept the chain short

Quote Originally Posted by NecroSleetstorm View Post
    No. DKs use RUNEBLADES. Ret/Prot maybe could use them.
    Yeah, like, 1 type of DK. Blood has a giant mace that looks like a black metal lollipop, Unholy has APOCALYPSE, a sword that is anything but a runeblade.

Giving a 1h flail to Blood and adjusting the damage/animations, so it doesn't change the damage, would be pretty damn cool. Like that guy from Lord of the Rings who could be defeated by any woman.

It would be really cool if they made Unholy DKs use a single 1-handed weapon, and just cast with the offhand. A flail would certainly work in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah, like, 1 type of DK. Blood has a giant mace that looks like a black metal lollipop, Unholy has APOCALYPSE, a sword that is anything but a runeblade.

Giving a 1h flail to Blood and adjusting the damage/animations, so it doesn't change the damage, would be pretty damn cool. Like that guy from Lord of the Rings who could be defeated by any woman.
    Strictly speaking every dk weapon we use become a rune blade, the runes we use in combat are inscribed on the blade when we get it not to mention rune forges.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Strictly speaking every dk weapon we use become a rune blade, the runes we use in combat are inscribed on the blade when we get it not to mention rune forges.
    Some, if not most, of the Legion artifact skins have precisely 0 runes on them

Deleted

Blood doesn't have a mace, but an axe, which is a "bladed" weapon. Which has runes in most of its skins.
    Also Apocalypse IS a runeblade, it's basically a sister blade to Frostmourne.
    Finally, DK's can technically turn anything into a runeblade through runeforging, and wielding 2H maces is more a gameplay technicality than lore-accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I imagine your character would be hitting itself in the face often lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And I thought Warglaives are the silliest weapons possible. HOW DOES THAT EVEN WEAPON.

Have you even looked at Apocalypse? It is very much a rune blade