Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    The second amendment states, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The key words are right at the start, "Well regulated militia. Assuming you believe I shouldn't be able to own a functioning tank and shells or a nuclear device then you agree that arms can be regulated and thus should have no constitutional problem with what the majority of democrats advocate. You can disagree of course but don't bring the constitution into it.

Oddly enough Bill O'Reilly, THE Bill O'Rielly recently made this argument on his show. Can't post links but search you-tube for secular talk, he's in one of the recent thumbnails. Perhaps this is a turning point, perhaps not.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, we've had the second amendment for a while now and we are still prospering and growing.

Do people really think America is like something out of Mad Max? lol

Wait, don't answer that...

Pro-tip: Stay out of gang ridden cities and your chances of being shot are smaller than being struck by lightning while doing it doggystyle with your girl, while ontop of a bus driving down the freeway.
    Well you do have quadruple the homicide rate of your peers, and an unbelievable number of mass shootings per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Pancake View Post
    The second amendment states, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The key words are right at the start, "Well regulated militia. Assuming you believe I shouldn't be able to own a functioning tank and shells or a nuclear device then you agree that arms can be regulated and thus should have no constitutional problem with what the majority of democrats advocate. You can disagree of course but don't bring the constitution into it.

Oddly enough Bill O'Reilly, THE Bill O'Rielly recently made this argument on his show. Can't post links but search you-tube for secular talk, he's in one of the recent thumbnails. Perhaps this is a turning point, perhaps not.
    Sorry "Ive been banned and I can't control my urge to post" guy - SCOTUS overruled you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well you do have quadruple the homicide rate of your peers, and an unbelievable number of mass shootings per year.
    Yes we know, the per capita argument is sure to follow if I reply, so I'll save us both the time on the same old dead horse.

Bottom Line: Don't give a shit, freedom is never free. /cliche

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry "New people never join the forum" guy but what court decision are you referencing? interested.

Deleted

And how do you get a militia? By having armed citizens to take part in the militia. Militia's are used in times of conflict not every day. Even Warcraft 3 game had "Militia" as opinion to rally the peons. So yes, the amendmant gives the right for regular law abiding citizens to own guns if they fufill the required regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Lmao, the homicide rates in countries that banned guns didnt even fucking drop. Infact they spiked and then returned to normal. When will people stop pushing this bullshit narative that has proof it doesnt work.

Guns dont kill people. People kill people. It doesnt matter if they have a gun, they'll just find something else. OH, and PS you can make a fully functional shotgun using parts that you can buy at any store like the home depot, or lowes.
    No one is denying that. But taking away their guns sure makes it that much harder for them to kill. Today, we had a series of stabbings at a California rally that led to 7 people being hospitalized. If the attackers used guns, those 7 people had a better chance of going straight to the morgue.

Sorry "New people never join the forum" guy but what court decision are you referencing? interested.
    Yes, of course, a new guy joins the forum and his first post is to jump into a gun related thread.

Sure buddy. Carry on.

Too much wrong with Trump's statement for me to list but I'll point out the early one.

The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear.
    Hardly.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    That single sentence 2A can be interpreted in far too many ways in if we are taking it with direct English, those rights have long been infringed.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Yes we know, the per capita argument is sure to follow if I reply, so I'll save us both the time on the same old dead horse.

But it's pretty attractively priced when other people are paying for it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Guns dont kill people. People kill people. It doesnt matter if they have a gun, they'll just find something else.
    Then we should just legalize any and all weapons?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I dont think body guards should be legal and I also dont think rich people should be able to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, if the majority of the people wanted to amend the consitution to remove the second amendment they would. The majority of the country has common sense so...yeah
    I'm not sure that the majority of the country has common sense. Either way the 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If nothing else the NRA has a death grip on Washington and that isn't changing without one hell of a fight.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

At the end of the day the second amendment isn't about hunting, or even self defense. It's about giving citizens the ability to fight their govt if it became tyrannical.

Democracies fall, it happens. It is still applicable today. There are 6 million dead jews in Germany who I'm sure would have agreed.

Sorry "Ive been banned and I can't control my urge to post" guy - SCOTUS overruled you.

- - - Updated - - -

So you have kids, say your kids school is shot up or even worse one is gunned down. You really think your opinion on some more laws or regulations wouldn't change?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I'm not sure that the majority of the country has common sense. Either way the 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If nothing else the NRA has a death grip on Washington and that isn't changing without one hell of a fight.
    Well, while I don't agree with everything the NRA says, I certainly appreciate their defense of the second amendment.

At the end of the day the second amendment isn't about hunting, or even self defense. It's about giving citizens the ability to fight their govt if it became tyrannical.

Democracies fall, it happens. It is still applicable today. There are 6 million dead jews in Germany who I'm sure would have agreed.
    If that was completely true we would have access to tanks, jets and other machines of war. When we all were fighting with muskets things were a bit different. Seeing how the rules didn't expand with the technology says something.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, while I don't agree with everything the NRA says, I certainly appreciate their defense of the second amendment.
    If it was about money for them it would be easier to agree with them. It wasn't until the damn Brady bill that they got away from thinking responsible gun ownership was as important as being able to own a gun. Now all that matter is being able to buy as many as you can.

But it's pretty attractively priced when other people are paying for it for you.
    Whatever hyperbolic shit makes you feel like you've got one up on me. Have at it.

When nothing changed after Sandy Hook the writing was on the wall. People are more okay with 5 and 6 year old children being gunned down then they are with the idea they may not be able to buy any gun they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So you have kids, say your kids school is shot up or even worse one is gunned down. You really think your opinion on some more laws or regulations wouldn't change?
    No I would not.

I've experienced direct family gun death for the record. I'd go into detail, but you have some real classless basement dwellers on here that would abuse that information to no end.

Why do republicans only care about the 2nd amendment? Why don't they give a shit that Trump wants to put limitations on the 1st amendment?

Oh, and the 2nd amendment isn't in danger of being taken away either. It's all fear mongering.