Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Maybe she didn't have a bat? Maybe she only had a gun? It's not sexist, its statistics. Women are physically smaller than men. In a break-in situation, the intruder has given up any consideration.
    Then she would be at the leisure of her circumstances, but it's more the idea, that i am confronting, not the actual propsect.

As for statistics, even if you are smaller than a man, you can beat the shit out of them with a bat. Trust me. Just land a blow while you heave all that you can.

And that is a assumption, that you cannot assert.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    And if you fail to neutralise them? You smack them, and they get angry and now beat the shit out of you. Or... You know, shot them dead and there is no issue. Stab them in the back of the neck, and there is no problem.

Trying to be all "I'll be the Hero, I'll preserve all life!" will just get you killed.
    How the fuck, do you find it more fesible, to stab em in the neck, compared to swinging a bat at them?

Do you grasp the reach of a knife vs a Bat?

And do you understand, HOW MUCH FORCE, You can get, with a bat, that you swing with all your might?

Either you're dense, or you're being dumb for the sake of argument.

Also, you think they are some god damn superhuman? You ever had a bat strike you with full force?

A well placed blow can kill you, a decent one would render you unable to do shit, as you'd be in extreme pains and fall down.
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2016-06-27 at 09:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Good to know, i'm sure you feel the need to assert yourself with how you would easily take the life of another person, when we're on a discussion on the internet.
    Discussion about what? That motherfucker broke into her home. What's the problem? If he came knocking on her door like a normal human being and said hello, and then she shot him now that would be fucking inhumane and a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Again, please share your magical knowledge of knowing all the details of the case to logically and justly make that conclusion. I would look them up if I could but they seem to not exist outside your own mind.
    You talk about using a bat as if that's sufficient to defend your home with. That's just plain ignorance and irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    How the fuck, do you find it more fesible, to stab em in the neck, compared to swinging a bat at them?

Do you grasp the reach of a knife vs a Bat?
    You're clearly missing the point I am making, on purpose it seems. What if you don't have a bat. I don't under my bed, what then smart-ass? Should I cower in my room, wait ~15 minutes for the police and hope to God they don't kill me, or rape my partner, or steal my kids, or set my house on fire or just ruin my stuff?

Fuck that... And you know your points are bullshit. You're just shit posting for the sake of it.

Actions have consequences.

You sneak into a stranger's house, make your way into their child's bedroom.... you kinda risk getting shot in the face.

Good riddance; As the negative possibilities of this scenario vastly outnumber any positive ones.

You do know if you actually chased them down and beat their ass you would get charges for assault and battery, right? You're not legally allowed to chase someone down whether they threatened you or not.
    That's fine by me. I got rid of the threat, I'll plead my case, chances are I'll get some community service or a short sentence. Worth it to stop my family being attacked or threatened in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Discussion about what? That motherfucker broke into her home. What's the problem? If he came knocking on her door like a normal human being and said hello, and then she shot him now that would be fucking inhumane and a problem.
    This. The guy is clearly a threat. Someone who isn't wont break into your house, they'll knock or ring the doorbell.

Deleted
    She handled it correctly and the fact that people EVEN think that there was another option truly make me sick. A regard for a man, IN your house, IN your kid's bedroom? No. Absolutely not. She acted accordingly to what every parent should have seen as a MAJOR threat.

Just shows you that a lot of people do not have kids. Really, you will change perspective then.
    Last edited by mmoc87bdcc5ac3; 2016-06-27 at 09:05 AM.

So why can't we assume the guy wasn't a threat if it's okay to assume he was when we don't know the details? How about we assume neither?
    Okay. I'm done. Leaving the thread now. Can't discuss this point with you two morons if you're going to start pandering to the criminal... excusing them for everything.

I'm glad he's dead, the mum did the right thing. I'm out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    This is a thread, a place for discssion, or did you figure that you click titles and post emotional sentimental shit about how you'd kill people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    She could him at gunpoint while calling the police, telling him to not move
    Why do you say what she should or not? She didn;t take risks nor didn't have to. The only one to blame is the guy. If he didn't want to risk getting killed he shouldn;t have done what he did. His fault. No point going out of her way for some weirdo who broke into her house and snuck into her child's room.

Imo she did a right thing.

Lessen to be learned? Don't break in other people's houses or you may die.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-06-27 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    You're clearly missing the point I am making, on purpose it seems. What if you don't have a bat. I don't under my bed, what then smart-ass? Should I cower in my room, wait ~15 minutes for the police and hope to God they don't kill me, or rape my partner, or steal my kids, or set my house on fire or just ruin my stuff?

Fuck that... And you know your points are bullshit. You're just shit posting for the sake of it.
    You're just scared shitless and presuming that the person is some god damn superhuman beast.

You ever thought that they might get scared of YOU? When YOU, get mad?

I have been worse, and closer, to killing people, than the ones who broke in to my home.

Okay. I'm done. Leaving the thread now. Can't discuss this point with you two morons if you're going to start pandering to the criminal... excusing them for everything.

I'm glad he's dead, the mum did the right thing. I'm out.
    Likewise. /thread

Guys Im convinced. Im changing my stance. I wouldnt shoot him. Its a waste of a bullet and a lot of mess to clean up. Id tie him up and then hang him outside.
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Without knowing the full facts of the case, I would say there most likely would have been a way to avoid shooting the guy, and that would have been the best. However, I would also say that expecting a panicing mother whose children have been placed under threat in the middle of the night in her home, to figure out and pull it off without putting herself and her children under threat is too much to demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Because that's so easy for a woman to do. Like i said before, this is a non-issue, but the bleeding hearts and softies love to fan the flames, as if somehow the criminal is the victim. fuck right on off. The mother did what she had to do, and committed no crime. End. of. Story.
    Nobody knows what the intent of the man in the house was. You're saying that since he's in the house, he's a pedophile, a child molester, a rapist, and a plethora of other things, and automatically deserves to die. Do you have some sort of knowledge we don't?

People aren't saying "Don't take any precautions", people are saying that there could have been MANY reasons the man was in the house and have given examples of why, like:

- mental disorder (went into the wrong house, thought it was his)
    - drunk or on drugs (went into wrong house, thought it was his)
    - homeless, thought people were gone and wanted a roof over his head

Or he could have been there with malicious intent. We don't know.

Either way, she could have held the gun to him, backed out of the house, and called the police - only resorting to her firearm as a LAST resort, not the first.

For anyone who understands the legal use of deadly force, we know we are using deadly force: 1) as a last resort when all other means would be unsuccessful in stopping the threat of death or serious bodily injury 2) to stop the threat, not with the intention to kill the attacker.
    http://www.usafirearmtraining.com/tr...-deadly-force/

I cringed so hard internally when that one ass-clown in this thread with the punchable face straight up said he'd immediately shoot dead anyone he saw in his house that he didn't recognize. All the gung ho people on the first page claiming anyone who doesn't think the woman made the most sensible choice simply because they don't have kids of their own are beyond fucking pathetic.

A distant relative of mine in Qinghai was kidnapped several decades ago. He was starved and beaten by his kidnappers, but eventually fled and ran to a suburb-kinda place that was far from where his kidnappers held him. He was discovered naked, emaciated, and very ill in the home of a couple he was hiding in, and while alarmed initially, they eventually proved to be extremely good people once he explained his plight. It sickens me to think that if that were the US and those people were any one of the several "that thing come by my house I kill it"-type cretins in this thread that he might well have been shot dead after having gone through the ordeal that he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    I cringed so hard internally when that one ass-clown in this thread with the punchable face straight up said he'd immediately shoot dead anyone he saw in his house that he didn't recognize. All the gung ho people on the first page claiming anyone who doesn't think the woman made the most sensible choice simply because they don't have kids of their own are beyond fucking pathetic.

A distant relative of mine in Qinghai was kidnapped several decades ago. He was starved and beaten by his kidnappers, but eventually fled and ran to a suburb-kinda place that was far from where his kidnappers held him. He was discovered naked, emaciated, and very ill in the home of a couple he was hiding in, and while alarmed initially, they eventually proved to be extremely good people once he explained his plight. It sickens me to think that if that were the US and those people were any one of the several "that thing come by my house I kill it"-type cretins in this thread that he might well have been shot dead after having gone through the ordeal that he did.
    Any and all extenuating circumstances don't matter, the most prudent thing to do is shoot to kill. /sarcasm.

It doesn't really matter what people complain about in this thread. These types of cases normally don't even punish the victims because the courts can actually understand the need for self-defense. And they shouldn't be punished. No reason to ruin a perfectly good mother's life just because some guy decided to break into her home illegally and she panicked.

Good job would have done the same, never know if he planed to kidnapp or molest them on the spot, i mean what other reasons are there for a stranger standing in your childrens room?