Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Am i the only one that thinks the pvp talents could use some fixing ? I mean soul siphon seems like the weakest of the bunch, it should be replaced with something better that fits its intent, soul swap will never be picked unless for some rbgs where you want to save your fully stacked UA and swap targets, I'd rather it be changed to keep the dots and copy them on someone else like old SS( obviously without the extra % hp dmg ).

Rot and decay refreshing UA to 1 stack is basically a nopick talent for any UA stacking build, if this is fixed to refresh full stacks it will be op too, so I feel this talent is broken either way.

Tbh the fundamental flaw in the last 2 rows is lack of synergy with other talents and playstyles of affliction.
    As you said, would be OP if it refreshed full stacks, but honestly, I think Rot and Decay is fine. Want to stack UA? Fine, don't use your filler for a little time or use it in another target. Being able to refresh UA, Agony and Corruption with 1 Drain tick is very powerful IMO, and worth the trade off.

Now, I'm upset with Haste reducing UA's duration. Basically, it broke Contagion, Soul Siphon and Soul Swap, not to mention it drastically reduced the utility of Soulburn UA, as you can't afford to wait for Compound Interest stacks.

I started leveling a warlock, and I still don't know what spec I should go into! What spec is good for Warlock as of now, and what will be better towards Legion?

Am i the only one that thinks the pvp talents could use some fixing ? I mean soul siphon seems like the weakest of the bunch, it should be replaced with something better that fits its intent, soul swap will never be picked unless for some rbgs where you want to save your fully stacked UA and swap targets, I'd rather it be changed to keep the dots and copy them on someone else like old SS( obviously without the extra % hp dmg ).

Rot and decay refreshing UA to 1 stack is basically a nopick talent for any UA stacking build, if this is fixed to refresh full stacks it will be op too, so I feel this talent is broken either way.

Tbh the fundamental flaw in the last 2 rows is lack of synergy with other talents and playstyles of affliction.
    I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when i saw rot & decay resets ua stacks back to '1 UA'. afaik ua is still our only dot protection so i first thought this talent would be super needed but now... I dunno, it shouldn't reset it back to 1 UA stack, it shouldn't refresh the full stacks either. it should just refresh the duration but have the remaining dmg stay the same untill it drops under the dmg of 1 UA (then it should refresh back to the dmg of 1 UA).
    made by Shyama

Soul siphon should be something along the lines of : increases your UA duration by 4 secs and generates 1 shards every 3 secs whenever you have UA on 2 or more targets, but UA no longer stacks, welcome to multi-dotting.

Soul burn UA can become a % dmg increase (without the duration increase part) meant for stacking UA, for example: SB:UA increases your next UA damage by 200%.

And instead of everlasting we would have a mobility talent here, something like UA becomes instant cast but has a cd of 4 secs and UA slows the target for 50%.

Then in the last tier if they make SS work the same as live but with a 30 secs cd and fix rot and decay by placing a limiter , for example: drain life refreshes your dots on the target , but UA can only be refreshed up to a maximum of 3 stacks.

Amplify afflictions : Reduces the global cd of UA, agony, corruption,siphon life,curses by 0.5 sec and your dots deal 5% more damage for every extra target you have dotted , stacks up to 3 times. what this does is create a good option for not picking the other 2.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-06-20 at 02:50 PM.

Does anyone have any tips for playing aff on the PTR? I seem to die in 2-6 seconds and my damage is terrible (mostly due to dying that quickly). However, the few bgs I did my healing done was #1 beating straight healers and hybrids. I must be doing something very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for playing aff on the PTR? I seem to die in 2-6 seconds and my damage is terrible (mostly due to dying that quickly). However, the few bgs I did my healing done was #1 beating straight healers and hybrids. I must be doing something very wrong.
    melees seem to be doing 4 times our dmg in bgs atm

Quote Originally Posted by Vimpe View Post
    melees seem to be doing 4 times our dmg in bgs atm
    No kidding. Between barrage, warriors, rogues and ret paladins I am not sure how I am expected to actually test things. I was really looking forward to testing the pvp talent system and seeing how well Blizzard delivered on the "tanky" caster, but I gave up in frustration.

Playing a warrior with no healer was more enjoyable and I actually lived long enough to push more than 1-3 buttons. Normally it is the opposite for me.

Aaaaaannnnd down goes Compound Interest. Guess we can't have the excitement of managing C.I to get big UAs, let's nerf the fun. Honestly, this was a massive blow to the satisfaction of pressing that UA button. And btw, our PvE DPS is mediocre at best, so I don't know where this nerf is coming from.

Wholol, our beautiful theorycraft went down the drain.

Edit: C.I was one of our best traits, mainly because our gold ones sucks. Now they all suck, GG.

Edit 2: First, reduced UA duration, now UA damage via C.I nerf. Back to noodle damage on DoTs and being bored because nothing you do has a great impact.
    Last edited by Vankhorne; 2016-06-22 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankhorne View Post
    Aaaaaannnnd down goes Compound Interest. Guess we can't have the excitement of managing C.I to get big UAs, let's nerf the fun. Honestly, this was a massive blow to the satisfaction of pressing that UA button. And btw, our PvE DPS is mediocre at best, so I don't know where this nerf is coming from.

Edit: C.I was one of our best traits, mainly because our gold ones sucks. Now they all suck, GG.

Edit 2: First, reduced UA duration, now UA damage via C.I nerf. Back to noodle damage on DoTs and being bored because nothing you do has a great impact.
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what to make of it. From the handful of videos I've been able to find of affliction PvP they were always no where close to being the top damage in their arena matches. I was hoping that it was just a tuning thing and that there would be sizeable damage buffs coming, defiantly was not expecting any sort of damage nerfs.

It also didn't seem like they were able to just stand there and try to drain tank a mele beating of them for very long. Guess Its looking like I'll have to end up switching to Demo since its the only spec with Soul Link now and I'd imagine that dampening is still going to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankhorne View Post

Yeah I don't really know which direction locks are going anymore tbh, starting to consider demo again for pvp at this rate, but it will get nerfed too I guess ( eventually ).

Everything feels so clunky, rip hype.

Just realized: this change broke Soulburn: UA. There is no reason to use it anymore, even at max C.I stack. Now it is always a damage loss in comparison to Endless Affliction.

Example:

1 UA = 80 damage over 8 seconds, base duration.

Soulburn = 2 shards for extra 10 secs = 180 damage. If you add 5 C.I = 180 + 25% = 180 * 1.25 = 225 damage

Endless Affliction: adds 4 seconds to UA duration, this is a 50% duration increase, wich is a 50% damage increase, so it adds 40 damage.
    1 cast = 80 + 40 = 120 damage. Now we use the same 2 shards as Soulburn UA = 120 + 120 = 240 damage. More than Soulburn.

GG Blizz.
    Last edited by Vankhorne; 2016-06-22 at 02:33 PM.

By the way I've been thinking about something for a while regarding demo, the pvp talent master summoner increases hounds/ imps duration by 100%, why doesn't it also affect darkglare as well ( if talented ), seems like it should affect it as well given that it has a short cd and same baseline duration as hounds/imps.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP master summoner.

Seems like you guys have been liking demo. Demo been on the only spec i been struggling with...do you have any tips? do i just suck? Mind you im not the greatest player but i hold my own on all the specs pretty well (jack of all trades master of none). Perhaps my talents are wrong but ive tried quit ethe variety and i just cant seem to get it done.

I feel like Demo can apply a ton of passive pressure of you're focusing on shard generation and dropping demons.

Is there a limit to how many imps we can have via HoG?

Also, I feel like Demonbolt is nearly useless? I usually don't have space to cast it as much between CC and survival, and everything else. I'm assuming Darkglare or even Soul Conduit are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    Is there a limit to how many imps we can have via HoG?
    There's no hard cap. There are effective caps because imps will have a 12s duration instead of lingering until they've cast a set number of attacks. So you'll be limited by how quickly you can build more SS and cast HoG, and aren't likely to manage more than two overlapping sets. Which is still a ton of burst damage with Implosion, mind you.

I'm thinking of testing a new build with pleasure through pain / demon bolt, with a 0.5 reduction in cast time and increased damage , it should accelerate shard regen making it possible to pull off max pets for the majority of the duration, given that master summoner no longer increases pet duration to 100% though the instant cast is still good enough to make it a viable talent on that tier.

I'm looking to test 2 builds with these talents in mind: demonic calling,Shadowy inspiration, demon bolt , pleasure through pain ,summon darkglare, service / synergy, master summoner ( or any of the others depending on the build).

Basically 1 build will be focused on demon bolt damage, going for things like Sinspiration, GoSynergy , demon bolt.
    While the other build will be an attempt to maximize demons with summon dark glare.

Basically with pleasure through pain Sbolt/Dbolt should have around 1.2 s cast times or shorter depending on haste values, thats pretty fast and will make the build fluid, only downside is we lose felguard as main pet, and we trade a stun for a ranged CC, in which case Ill just use succ for CC instead of fear, plus we gain a knockback which will be good vs world of meleecraft.

Only downside with this is we cannot pick call felhunter thus losing a ranged interrupt, but at the rate melee are increasing I dont think it will be a problem in almost any pvp scenario outside of competitive 3v3.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-06-27 at 04:44 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking of testing a new build with pleasure through pain / demon bolt, with a 0.5 reduction in cast time and increased damage , it should accelerate shard regen making it possible to pull off max pets for the majority of the duration, given that master summoner no longer increases pet duration to 100% though the instant cast is still good enough to make it a viable talent on that tier.

I'm looking to test 2 builds with these talents in mind: demonic calling,Shadowy inspiration, demon bolt , pleasure through pain ,summon darkglare, service / synergy, master summoner ( or any of the others depending on the build).

Basically 1 build will be focused on demon bolt damage, going for things like Sinspiration, GoSynergy , demon bolt.
    While the other build will be an attempt to maximize demons with summon dark glare.

Basically with pleasure through pain Sbolt/Dbolt should have around 1.2 s cast times or shorter depending on haste values, thats pretty fast and will make the build fluid, only downside is we lose felguard as main pet, and we trade a stun for a ranged CC, in which case Ill just use succ for CC instead of fear, plus we gain a knockback which will be good vs world of meleecraft.

Only downside with this is we cannot pick call felhunter thus losing a ranged interrupt, but at the rate melee are increasing I dont think it will be a problem in almost any pvp scenario outside of competitive 3v3.
    Well, the reality is Demonbolt is still, relative to other classes, a weak nuke that requires turreting. Pets and DoTs will do an even higher ratio of overall damage in PvP than they already do in PvE due to the nature of combat.
    This isn't to say that Pleasure through Pain is a bad talent. The talent is designed around quickening the generating aspect of sbolt/dbolt for pet production and in turn, increasing shadow damage significantly; a direct modifier for our main burst talents, Implosion and Thalkiel's Consumption which both benefit from this.

Ideally with a Pleasure spec you would game around maximum generation of shards and in turn, pets in the shortest time possible. Setup with Seduce or Service: Felguard stun or indeed a simple Fear (open to pet early break), Empower and Thalk into Implosion on the kill target.

Unfortunately, the recent nerf to Master Summoner damages this playstyle significantly as the ceiling for pet numbers is reduced by 50%.

Demon Hunters' Reverse Magic had its cd doubled. 30 seconds was batshit insane and 60 seconds is a bit more palatable. It still is, however, an instant "I win" button when faced against an aff lock. I'm ok with the basic concept of the ability, but the fact that it completely removes the dot protection aspect out of UA, and is the only ability in the game to do so, is still going too far. If it triggered the damage and silence it would create at least some room for intelligent play and timing rather than simply "Enemy lock cast a couple ua's, slap dick on keys in general direction of reverse magic."

Will demon hunters get a 20%dmg buff for killing our minions? If so one has to wonder if blizzard is intentionally making warlocks pure DH fodder, not that we were a bastion of survivability before DHs but between reverse magic countering affliction, and the consuming demon souls practically countering demo, how would we even fight them?

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Will demon hunters get a 20%dmg buff for killing our minions? If so one has to wonder if blizzard is intentionally making warlocks pure DH fodder, not that we were a bastion of survivability before DHs but between reverse magic countering affliction, and the consuming demon souls practically countering demo, how would we even fight them?
    We tested this in alpha , I was worried about it too but it seems DH's can only get that buff from slaying a demon that grants exp.