Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    People should get this idea out of their head. Martin did specify it will be a bittersweet ending. If Jon is really Azor Ahaï he will die killing the Night King. Not happy on a throne.
    Plus if the world gets to know that Jon is a Targ and he gets legitimized he is first in place for the throne, if you think Dany will be happy giving up her power to him just like that you are dreaming
    What if Dany dies instead and Jon gets the throne? Jon is the song of fire and ice. It can be bittersweet without killing the song itself. Jon is the one that does not aspire to the throne, hence hes the one getting it. People root for Dany, but she has that one flaw, she wants it.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I am the only one that realize that the correct answer to "who are you" was Arya Stark all along? Not just the words, for her to actually want to be Arya Stark again? I mean Jaqen instantly makes a smilling smirk when he sees the Waif face up there? So things went as he intended? Wouldnt it be easier to play pretend convincingly if you never lost track of who you really are and what are your own goals?
    I don't know if there was a correct answer at that point. Seems to me he was reacting more as a mentor whose pupil had just recovered their sense of purpose. /shrug

Deleted
    Are you saying the episodes GRRM himself wrote were fanfic of himself too? Those are just idiotic arguments. The show is as much as a fanfic as any tv/movie/video game adaptation of a book (they arent). Fan fiction would be Tyrion making love to Jon Snow. Thats why its called an adaptation.
    Martin would never write shit like the Dorne plot in episode 1 of this season. And fan fic doesn't mean homo sex between main protagonists or stuff like that. Fan fic is writting what the fans would want opposed to what the author wants.
    And stuff like Dany being a seemingly awesome belove boob fested woman, is pure show fan fic.
    Waiting for WoW but Benjen is also pure fanfic for the moment. Books have Coldhands.
    Fart scene was pure fanfic.

Some stuff are yes adaptation, but when you adapr it in order to satisfy the crowd, it becomes fan fic. And some scenes or stoy plots are very fan fic oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    I don't know if there was a correct answer at that point. Seems to me he was reacting more as a mentor whose pupil had just recovered their sense of purpose. /shrug
    Except his entire training as telling her, to not have a purpose.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Edit: The way the show treats time and distance in this season irks me to no end. Arya showing up at the Twins, Littlefinger coming from the Vale to the North in like a day, Varys traveling from the East to Dorne then back to Mareen... ugh.
    One quibble, L.F. didn't. He told Sansa he had his army camped at the neck.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except his entire training as telling her, to not have a purpose.
    Oh I understand. I just don't think we know enough about the kindly man to really ascertain what he wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Bran is boring, I wish he'd just die. He's so useless to the show. All the stuff we discovered thanks to his "magic" could've been done via flashbacks or something.
    Flashbacks from who?
    Howland Reed wasn't in the tower, and Ned is dead.

And you can't do the Hodor scene with a flashback

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseyagami View Post
    Nobody comments on the most badass moment (for me at least)

Lady Little Bear verbALLY Smacking all the lords around

that girl is awesome
    I commented on it. Yes, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Martin would never write shit like the Dorne plot in episode 1 of this season. And fan fic doesn't mean homo sex between main protagonists or stuff like that. Fan fic is writting what the fans would want opposed to what the author wants.
    And stuff like Dany being a seemingly awesome belove boob fested woman, is pure show fan fic.
    Waiting for WoW but Benjen is also pure fanfic for the moment. Books have Coldhands.
    Fart scene was pure fanfic.

Some stuff are yes adaptation, but when you adapr it in order to satisfy the crowd, it becomes fan fic. And some scenes or stoy plots are very fan fic oriented.
    They arent fanfic, when they come from the creator of the book and will be in the book as well lol. Benjen is cold handn. Just like Robert Strong is Gregor and Hound being alive. The way it gets there is different because its a TV show, but it will still get there. Dorn could have been cut off completely, mabye it should have. Instead the show simply gave you the end result with not much inbetween the death of Oberin and the end of that Arc. Dorn sides with Dany. Cersei is the mad queen.

Also anyone wonder what the mountain did to septa Olenna, feast on her body like a proper zombie or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Break down/Build up. It's a classic training and conditioning tactic to strengthen (or in some cases, replace) a person's sense of purpose.
    Thats my point, thats why hes smiking. The training turned her into an assassin that knows who she is and knows what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fan fiction is technically any work that was written by a fan of the original works and not the creator. So unless GRRM decided to write every single episode we'd be getting some fan fiction. There's nothing about fan fiction that says it's written specifically to satisfy the crowd. It's just written by fans. And GRRM told them the road map for the entire show before they started working on it. They fleshed out the details, but they're following the map he gave them. Deal with it.
    Even more then a road map, he even wrote some of the episodes himself in every seasons lol. People gling to the random shit that makes them sleep at night. I guess all those marvel movie, done by marvel as fanfictions too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    . Kinda missed some Brienne closure, but her story is set up nicely with the Jamie and Cercei tension. Loved seeing Lady Mormont too.
    The Hound, Brienne and Arya are all in the same neck of the woods, and it seems probable that Melysandra might head there since she knows the Brothers without Banners has a red priest. It is possible that Mel could try to do what Leprosy-dude did with Tyrion, a ´take me back´gift... by telling Arya that John and Sansa are in Winterfell. The Hound had an interesting, but overall positive relationship with Sansa before (saved her from the rape). My guess is that those 3 get together in Riverlands ( maybe with Mel) and end up in Winterfell.

Likely because the idea that you need to be "noone" in order to wear a face is rather unfounded. Aside from the fact that everyone knows who they were barring genuine amnesia, there's no real indication of that necessity.
    Yep. "A girl is no one" is a testament to the individuals level of servitude, as well as their ability to lie effectively under varying circumstances (this was repeatedly made as a point during her training, asking where she was from, etc). Just because Arya no longer wishes to have that level of servitude doesn't mean that she loses her abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    I was also hoping for the ending to include the White Walkers destroying the wall, but don't they need the horn of winter? I just don't see them simply breaking it down by brute force. It's a rather mighty wall.
    Bran has the mark, they might not need the horn anymore.
    I was waiting for the same ending after dany's one. Just the Wall crumbling down, so that people would think "shit's coming south"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I just took it for him to explain why he couldnt cross. Him interacting with Jon would be interesting so unless they gave a reason why it cant people would likely complain.
    It wasn't mentioned yet in the show that it was magic. Some people didn't know it. Now they do, it will make the breaking of the wall easier to understand for them

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, but what's the point of that from the perspective of the FM? Helping people find their purpose doesn't seem like their job.
    Saving some random girl and giving her 3 kills? Do you really know what their purpose are anyway? All you know is that Jaqen got Arya to come to him, suffer this training, made her a better assassin and let her leave. All we know is that the only emotion it gave him was a smirk of joy on his face.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Point taken. Apparently I am desensitized. Everything that is less than sleeping with your brother doesn't even count as incest anymore for me.
    Granted, it's not incest by law in most regions on earth either. A number of rather famous people IRL married their cousin.

- - - Updated - - -

Saving some random girl and giving her 3 kills? Do you really know what their purpose are anyway? All you know is that Jaqen got Arya to come to him, suffer this training, made her a better assassin and let her leave. All we know is that the only emotion it gave him was a smirk of joy on his face.
    Precisely. We really don't know anything about the intentions or purpose of the FM. We can only guess based on their relative amorality, location, and odd behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Also anyone wonder what the mountain did to septa Olenna, feast on her body like a proper zombie or something?
    if you think this has a happy ending, I am afraid you haven´t been paying attention.

My guess rape. Cersi said she wasn´t going to die for a long time... and then she was chanting ´shame... shame...´

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ok so - here is a question we have:

Is Varys a Warlock? Or some kind of sorcerer?

We've seen him have bizarrely good intel over the years - better than every other network in King's Landing by far.
    He was just in both Dorne and on the boat with Dany ~simultaneously?
    Dorne is 3000 miles from Mehreen, it would take at least 2 weeks to travel that far by sea with good wind and a fast ship: it seems he's back in a matter of a couple days?
    He has a past relationship with warlocks, he killed one recently, he knows magic is real since childhood.

He also has a parable - Xaro Xhoan Daxos - the King of Qarth - was born an impoverished dockworker, rose to be the most powerful man in Qarth - all by way of deception and good intel: all his power was an illusion. Varys is similarly the most powerful (soft power) man in Westeros, he came from absolutely nothing.
    They don't talk about it much in the show, but he has a backer with really deep pockets (Illyrio) with whom he is best friends. He has training in acting/concealment and thievery. He is (likely) a minor scion of a cadet branch of house Targaryen. And he was master-of-whispers in K.L. long enough to have an incredibly extensive network. I think the capacity he has displayed is fitting.

Granted, it's not incest by law in most regions on earth either. A number of rather famous people IRL married their cousin.
    Theres not even health concerns for childrens with cousins. People already overplay consanguinity, cousins give as much risk of birth defect as random person with no relation to you what so ever. Also Jon Snow is Dany's Nephew, not her Cousin. Nice Aunt, Jon.