Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    It's almost as though the older generation has seen what happens when a government entity tries to implement a "unified" Europe.

Didn't really work out for a lot of people as I recall.
    ... This is nonsense. They haven´t seen it. They have actually experienced the opposite and ignore what happend during their lifetime because of fearmongering loudmouths.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Don't think you understand how it worked.... NorthERN Ireland (see the correction?) and Scotland did vote to remain that is true, but Wales and England voted to leave. They were all added together and because of England having a larger population, they pulled the numbers ahead (barely) for leave. Nothing to do with "more power" unless you are talking about citizen power vs government power.
    England has more power because it has a higher population. They get more votes. More votes is more power and thus Scotland and Northern Ireland have to do what England and Wales wants rather than what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Most people know English. Might as well go with it along with other languages.
    This ain't an international corporation. It requires far more organic level of mutual intelligibility. Everyone needs to understand each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    England has more power because it has a higher population. They get more votes. More votes is more power and thus Scotland and Northern Ireland have to do what England and Wales wants rather than what they want.
    Read my last sentence....

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Hitler for a start.

Still looking at the current trends, I wish them good luck on passing the "Democracy" step.
    Hitler wanted a free sovereign Germany. If Mass Murderer Churchill and his Friends didnt want to destroy Germany we might had gotten a peaceful Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This ain't an international corporation. It requires far more organic level of mutual intelligibility. Everyone needs to understand each other.
    Are we ignoring immigration numbers within the EU?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    ruled by germany
    Please back up your claim that the rest of the members has no say into the EU maters.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The whole EU is a fucking comedy club. Do you see why some people voted to leave now?
    A well rounded argument.....

-------

Deleted
    My dream is for EU to become United States of Europe. Has been and will be until I die. One currency, one official language, one army and better immigration policies. Schengen is great, but I wouldn't allow anyone to just go to the next country and live there, not at first at least. The only way for someone to work in another EU state would be if they were recruited, becuse the company wouldn't find local workers and in today's world with internet this would be very easy to intergrate so no more people living off another country's taxpayers.

For a decade or so we would need to close off Africa and Asia paths into Europe until we would be ready for people off our continent to try to immigrate here, which can be done, but it won't be easy at first, especially because of AI and organizations like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Are we ignoring immigration numbers within the EU?
    I don't know what you are trying to say. Are you saying the immigration numbers in EU are high, and they can't speak the language well but we get along anyway?

What kind of immigrant? Citizens? They're are probably native speakers. Non-citizens? Their numbers are quite low. Even if assume non-citizen immigrants are not that proficient with European languages, they are not crowded enough to be a problem. This will not be the case for European superstate because you will have millions of people who literally can't speak a commong tongue. So, my conclusion is that if there is a problem with language with immigrants currently, their numbers are too low to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Read my last sentence....
    I'm not really sure what you're going on about.

My dream is for EU to become United States of Europe. Has been and will be until I die. One currency, one official language, one army and better immigration policies. Schengen is great, but I wouldn't allow anyone to just go to the next country and live there, not at first at least. The only way for someone to work in another EU state would be if they were recruited, becuse the company wouldn't find local workers and in today's world with internet this would be very easy to intergrate so no more people living off another country's taxpayers.

For a decade or so we would need to close off Africa and Asia paths into Europe until we would be ready for people off our continent to try to immigrate here, which can be done, but it won't be easy at first, especially because of AI and organizations like that.
    Good luck convincing the Swiss to break their 200 years of neutrality to join your 1 Europe nation.

United states of America is composed of many states, but one nation. In Europe, you have many states and many nations. I know it's a wet-dream, but currently impossible.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post

I'm curious why a Continent with well over a 100 languages needs 1 language when even the United States has no official Language. F' man the EU's language policy was my favourite thing, its inclusive attitude and help to minority languages was important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm curious why a Continent with well over a 100 languages needs 1 language when even the United States has no official Language. F' man the EU's language policy was my favourite thing, its inclusive attitude and help to minority languages was important.
    Because for some reason people put efficiency and economics above everything else. They see no value in things like culture or language.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't know what you are trying to say. Are you saying the immigration numbers in EU are high, and they can't speak the language well but we get along anyway?

What kind of immigrant? Citizens? They're are probably native speakers. Non-citizens? Their numbers are quite low. Even if assume non-citizen immigrants are not that proficient with European languages, they are not crowded enough to be a problem. This will not be the case for European superstate because you will have millions of people who literally can't speak a commong tongue. So, my conclusion is that if there is a problem with language with immigrants currently, their numbers are too low to be a problem.
    I´m talking about eu-citizen immigrants. Obviously the language barrier isn´t that much of a problem and will be even less over time since the younger generation are already speaking a common language besides their first language.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... This is nonsense. They haven´t seen it. They have actually experienced the opposite and ignore what happend during their lifetime because of fearmongering loudmouths.
    They've seen both, buddy.

My mother was born right before the war started. She had an "exciting" childhood for that matter. Anyone older than 80 experienced hell. Anyone older than 55 likely still experienced aftershock to some extent.
    My hometown was destroyed by about 80%. It took many decades to recover, remove all the ruins and restore the infrastructure.
    It's really just the people who were born some 40 years ago, or later, who lack the concept. The closer it gets to today, the least idea they have. It's just what it is, It's one thing to read history books and watch film material about events, than actually living through them, or the impacts.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    People are a wreck until 25. They can barely be trusted to balance their own budget, much less help make a decision that doesn't end up screwing everyone because 'muh feels'.
    If that is your experience im sorry. But i perhaps shouldnt be surprised steering as you come from Texas and "some" politicians try their hardest to lessen education there.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Strange how millions of clowns, many of them unable to count to three, still want to come here.
    Case and point.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. The older generation didn't live through and see their parents live through one of the worse genocides in human history.

Call me a loudmouth all you want. I could easily call you several names if I chose. But I won't.

In the end you will believe whatever shenanigans you want anyways.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They've seen both, buddy.

My mother was born right before the war started. She had an "exciting" childhood for that matter. Anyone older than 80 experienced hell. Anyone older than 55 likely still experienced aftershock to some extent.
    My hometown was destroyed by about 80%. It took many decades to recover, remove all the ruins and restore the infrastructure.
    It's really just the people who were born some 40 years ago, or later, who lack the concept. The closer it gets to today, the least idea they have. It's just what it is, It's one thing to read history books and watch film material about events, than actually living through them, or the impacts.
    So what government tried to implement a unified europe during her childhood?

Seriously, there´s a difference between one side trying to rule the other through means of war and all sides trying to get closer together and form a ruling entity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    You're right. The older generation didn't live through and see their parents live through one of the worse genocides in human history.

Call me a loudmouth all you want. I could easily call you several names if I chose. But I won't.

In the end you will believe whatever shenanigans you want anyways.
    You´re the one comparing nazi germany to the EU. But i´m the one believing shenanigans.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what government tried to implement a unified europe during her childhood?.
    The Nazi regime.
    That was literally Hitler's goal under Nazi rule. To establish the third Reich. They've used that term with their propaganda campaigns.

Quote Hitler, Berlin Sportpalast:
    The year 1941 will be, I am convinced, the historical year of a great European New Order.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."