Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Die for humanity and be immortalized for all of recorded history VS save yourself and then later die alone and unknown because your species doesn't exist anymore. That's a no-brainer. I choose immortality!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Screw that idea if history has taught use anything over the last 10,000 years or so is that humanity as a whole is not worth saving at all. The odds of us killing ourselves off grow greater every year that passes, and the advent of technological progress has only sped that up exponentially. As things stand now it is literally a game of Russian Roulette as to the survival of our species as a whole. I for one do not think humanity is able to evolve fast enough to keep up with our technological advances and if we last another 50 to 100 years it will be a certifiable miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post

Everything has its time and everything dies.
    Why you link that video! So fucking sad now...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If a god came to me and said it is going to be either me or me AND every single other human, I'd volunteer.
    Would be one heck of a dumbass god to ask that kind of question, really. That one is a no brainer.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Lets say the question is instead: Me now, or me and the rest if humanity in one week. I'd still volunteer.
    Doesn't make the question any more difficult for me really. The real moral dilemma begins when you straight up ask Me vs. Everyone else.

I'd kill everyone else in a heartbeat. Every time.

Hell, make it: Me now, or entirety of human race non-fertile from now on, so that currently existing humans (me included) could live their days but no new humans were ever born or could be are artificially made.
    It's a more interesting question. Goodbye human race, though. *waves happily*

Human race? No. Small group of people I know, probably. Probably doesn't even have to be people that respect me, but that I'm familiar with. Hero syndrome or some shit. Like, you never gave me the time of day, but watch as I face down death to save your unworthy asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

if it was all the way down to me and i could save all humans, yea sure.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

If no one else's life would suffice and it meant humanity dying if I didn't? Yeah sure. That's a no-brainer. Granted, I would be doing it entirely for my family. The other 6 billion in change that I would be saving would be entirely incidental.

Deleted
    Is the OP high? This sounds like a hypothetical stoner question

If it meant saving humanity? I would, without even having to think about it. Because I am not better or more important than anyone else. Which begs the question of why would my death be even remotely significant to the fate of humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I was gonna comment but all the edge in this thread cut my fingers clean off.

Bunch of douche nozzles.
    I don't get why people with differing opinions than yours are edgy. It's not even uncommon to be apathetic towards other people. Why do you think there are so many assholes in the world? Because they don't care about you.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Because it means my boys would survive. Well worth it.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Propaganda must have heavily damaged a person to put themselves after humanity imo.

Doesn't this entire question depend entirely on the situation, as a fair few scenarios your death doesn't so much solve the problem as just prolong the lifespan of those who will still need to deal with it. In which case I'd not volunteer, I'd rather keep working to find a permanent solution. In scenarios where a permanent solution can only be achieved via a sacrifice, I'd probably still hedge my bets by trying to survive and achieve the goal desired. One will not go gentle into that good night.. >.>
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-06-27 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Nah, there's bound to be someone else willing to do it instead.
    As selfish as it sounds....same here. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are either more willing or have less to live for and just don't give a shit.

Now, if we were talking about some situation where I'm the single only person who can save the world, then yeah, I'd do it. At that point, it's down to two options:

1 - die along with everyone else when the world ends
    2 - die but save the world + everyone else

Of course I'd go with option 2 if that were the case.

Deleted
    Pretty much how I see it:

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, in a lot of movies people die in a heroic way. Saving a lot of people.
    I sometimes dream about such a scenario where I heroically throw my life away for the greater good.

Truth be told, In real life I'll probably chicken out and throw someone else into the volcano and hope it accepts a offering from its loyal servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    So edgy!

A situation like this would never occur so it's pretty silly to debate.
    Yeah, people should never debate hypothetical questions, it's silly.....OR, these are the funnest questions to debate, and the Internet was built on it exclusively.