Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How much has WoD saved you in sub fees?

I found the silver lining with WoD.

By spending 10 minutes a day doing garrisons, I've made enough gold to pay for about 16 months of game time.

WoD actually saved me about $250 in sub fees.

In a cost to fun ratio, this makes WoD the best expansion ever. If I subtract the cost of buying WoD, I am still $200 ahead.

May of saved you 250$, but it costs someone else 320$ since tokens are higher than active subscription. So in the end Blizzard wins.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    May of saved you 250$, but it costs someone else 320$ since tokens are higher than active subscription. So in the end Blizzard wins.
    Blizzard gets their cut, I saved a bunch of money, some other poor sap spent a bunch of money on meaningless gold.

Counting my ladies and my accounts it's easily saved us 500+.

So?
    Bleh

It's sure been saving me on sub fees for the time I've not been subscribed. I was only subscribed for a few months in WoD. I was actively playing for maybe 1-2 of those months, and the rest is time that I was subscribed but not playing before it dawned on me that I was essentially wiping my ass with $15 a month.

Although....I'd have to be in really bad shape financially to sweat over $15 a month. I managed to keep my WoW subscription going even when I was unemployed for a year.

Deleted
    Nothing. I'd rather spend my gold on other stuff and continue paying my sub with real money.
    That said, the tokens have earned me quite a bit of gold.

Definitely saved me loads... I bought 18 tokens last year with gold I made in WoD and I still have 3.6mil now... So yeah, best expansion ever!

Deleted
    How much has WoD saved you in sub fees?

over 200€. by not playing for over a year because wod doesnt have any content i could play even if i wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Blizzard gets their cut, I saved a bunch of money, some other poor sap spent a bunch of money on meaningless gold.
    Well, it's not meaningless gold if you saved $200 because of it. And they are not "poor" saps if they can afford to buy tokens to sell.

Deleted
    That assumes there is a parity, that Blizzard sells 1 token of cash to give 1 token of gold. We have no indication that is adhered to. We have only heard the price is based on supply and demand but we have no indication if that is only partial and they have the legal right to not follow it strictly because this is not real trading.

7+ Year Old Account
    36 tokens for me, 36 for my brother, 36 for a friend...

~ $1,300
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quite a bit, as I was unsubbed by Feb 2015

Actually just re-subbed to start horsing around before Legion, it will feel like I've completely forgotten how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    36 tokens for me, 36 for my brother, 36 for a friend...

~ $1,300
    Feelsgood.jpg

All from garrisons or a mishmash of other gold sources?

you all did'nt saved anything, you just put the monthly cost in another thing to buy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Feelsgood.jpg

All from garrisons or a mishmash of other gold sources?
    Garrisons 11 characters a day (5+ mill), mediocre crafting 3 months (1+ mill), Felblight from Kazzak 6 months (250+ k).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    you all did'nt saved anything, you just put the monthly cost in another thing to buy
    Good use of semantics!
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

the wow token is a big part of why I dont play anymore. How could I ever justify paying for a sub again knowing other people are playing for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal Sorcerer View Post
    the wow token is a big part of why I dont play anymore. How could I ever justify paying for a sub again knowing other people are playing for free?
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal Sorcerer View Post
    I am paying for it with real money, and don't see the problem. Apart from the fact that they still have to earn the gold in some way.

I was barely subbed most of WoD and the couple months I'd come back it was with a token, so I probably saved a lot more then most..

Deleted
    A lot. I've been unsubbed for most of expansion, only once I was subbed with game card, the rest of time with gold.

So overall I paid only price of expansion + 20€ for 60 day card.