Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So are you saying the EU are using force to unify europe?
    Nope, never did.

Or that the axis powers were some kind of EU?
    Yes, they were.
    How were they unifying europe, and not conquering europe?
    The result matters. Not the way to get there.
    There was a union in place through the Axis powers.

When was the last time the unification of europe was tried to accomplish without using force?
    Never, even Charlemagne used force.
    And his result was the most united Europe we've ever had since.
    Now, why wasn't there any unification without force? Because we - the people - don't want it.
    I am as open minded as it possibly gets. A strong supporter of open/abolished borders. (sadly on that part the EU fucked up as much as a fuck up can be)
    I too reject the notion of unification.
    If the choice given would be a United Europe as country or Dexit, I'd vote for the latter in a split second. And so will most Germans.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Arabic will be the common language and country will be called Europastan.

Sounds good on paper, but while Merkel and her lunatic friends are in power, doing everything they can to win Nobel prize instead of caring for their own people, its not going to happen.
    Our President Won a Nobel Peace Prize, then proceeded to bomb,Shoot and Drone strike the ever loving poop out of several countries,Merkel is not "gangster" enough to pull it off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Cultural differences, lack of common language, loss of autonomy.
    Europeans pretty much all speak english by now though, taken aside very old people
    Spannish is also a very popular language

Also, countries such as Switzerland or Belgium have several national languages and cultures within the same country, for sure, it's not the same as an united states of Europe would, but still, it might not be that much of a big deal

And cultural differences exist inside countries already

I still don't think USE would work, but eventually, maybe it would
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-27 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Yes, they were.
    I'm pretty sure that if Hitler had advocated for a peaceful political union rather than bloody invasion and mass-genocide he would not be considered such a major villain in world history.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Europeans pretty much all speak english by now though, taken aside very old people
    Spannish is also a very popular language

Also, countries such as Switzerland or Belgium have several languages and cultures within the same country, for sure, it's not the same as an united states of EU would, but still, it might not be that much of a big deal
    People would be resistant to be being made to speak an official language for the new world order.

And that's not really addressing cultural differences where there are already groups in some nations that are looking to break free like the Scottish in the UK or the Catalonians in Spain. Now imagine that all over Europe.

And you also have to somehow convince people to give up their own autonomy to let a foreign power rule over them.

no superstate in our lifetime.

It's already moving way to fast and then things like Brexit happens

7+ Year Old Account
    Cultural differences, lack of common language, loss of autonomy.
    If countries stay the same, but change the title to states.....it's not like each US state doesn't have individual dialect, cultures, religion differences....
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if Hitler had advocated for a peaceful political union rather than bloody invasion and mass-genocide he would not be considered such a major villain in world history.
    That's correct.
    But that's not relevant really now.
    Besides, the Germans did try for a long time. The Nazi regimes rise was a European home made consequence from the handling of post WW1.
    WW2 was the direct result of it.
    That's long understood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Arabic will be the common language and country will be called Europastan.

Sounds good on paper, but while Merkel and her lunatic friends are in power, doing everything they can to win Nobel prize instead of caring for their own people, its not going to happen.
    Common language will most likely bee english, if there would be a common language in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    If countries stay the same, but change the title to states.....it's not like each US state doesn't have individual dialect, cultures, religion differences....
    As a European living in the US. Nope.
    Not anywhere close. Cannot compare it, period.

And there is no problem with culture, there are cultural differences within the USA and they remain despite being one country for a few hundred years. Actually their influence on european culture is probably bigger than that of other european nations. Also exactly what cultural difference will have a negative impact in your daily life?
    There are many problems that may arise out of cultural differences. Although I stated earlier that it's not the biggest problem and easiest one to tackle. You may want to read that post of mine.

What is the problem with an army formed from different nations? The nato is formed from different nations and they seem to be doing field exercises together every now and then.
    NATO isn't tested in a true war, that's the first thing. Only Turkey is tested in NATO to fight for some other country, namely USA, in Korean War. While we, as a country, have a different take on wars and pacts, I doubt Brits would fight for Turkey. I mean, people start to freak out and asked to kick Turkey out of NATO because she was being aggressive against Russia. Now, you may say NATO is a defensive pact, you brought it up not me. However, I think it's a good example in my opinion. I think that's EXACTLY what you will get in a unified European army. USA army works because they think they are just one nation. In a European superstate, as long as you do not eliminate that "different nations" understanding, it will cause major issues mid-war. Sometimes, you need to order suicide missions in war, good luck convincing a British unit to make a suicide charge commanded by a German officer.

You may be clueless about wars, as your are in Central Europe, but we know how things work in here. You need to indoctrinate people to fight for unified Europe. Will you do that and most importantly can you achieve it?

Help each other out while also becoming an even greater trading block on the international market. It´s not like the wealthy countries will lose when having greater leeway in trade deals, and for that leeway they´ll gladly redistribute some of the wealth, afterall there´s no working against each other anymore. It´s like with states/counties within your country, some are producing more and the wealth is redistributed through out the country and not each state/county against the other.
    This could be a problem for USA but that's not how things works there. They tax less and let capitalism shape the dynamics, hence creating poverty and huge wealth gaps. in Europe, however, taxes being high you will invest less in your infrastructure and use a good portion of that money to help others. It means amount of the service and quality of services will decrease in richer countries. Europe may have a bigger economy in future, but this is a huge investment with tons of unknowns. If superstate somehow fails on the way, you would end up with much poorer Europe in general, including Western Europe. And then you will have people like UKIP voters, who will just say "Fuck Romanians, I want my money to spent on Brits".
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-06-27 at 03:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The axis powers union can hardly be compared to the EU. Wholely different premise.

No the way to get there absolutely matters! Because that´s the point. You can´t say the result matters when you´re arguing that people experienced it already. They didn´t. They experienced war, not a peaceful unification.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    We all speak English and have essentially the same culture. The US is nothing like Europe. Europe has ethnic groups who have lived in the same region for hundreds of years longer than the US has even been around.

Common language will most likely bee english, if there would be a common language in the first place.
    They would need one. Countries can cover 2-3 languages being official languages, but Europe has 23 languages recognized in the EU at the moment and over 60 minority languages.
    Last edited by nonameelf; 2016-06-27 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread lol...

"Hitler wanted to unify Europe under the Third Reich so obviously this is as bad as Hitler!"

Stay classy.

Deleted
    People would be resistant to be being made to speak an official language for the new world order.

And that's not really addressing cultural differences where there are already groups in some nations that are looking to break free like the Scottish in the UK or the Catalonians in Spain. Now imagine that all over Europe.

And you also have to somehow convince people to give up their own autonomy to let a foreign power rule over them.
    Learning another language doesn't mean you can't keep using the one you're accustomed to

I totally imagine that scenarios similar to those of Scotland and Catalonia would probably happen all over Europe if the USE were to exist, but eventually, there might be a small chance it could work

10+ Year Old Account
    We all speak English and have essentially the same culture. The US is nothing like Europe. Europe has ethnic groups who have lived in the same region for hundreds of years longer than the US has even been around.
    The culture in the North is the same as White-Trashistan?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    A lot of great idiots have done it more

- - - Updated - - -

Id take up arms to stop that shit if I lived in one of the endangered countries. Thats fucking insanity. Fight em.
    And even more idiots are against it.

I hope to see europe as one big powerful nation, not a small continent with alot of even smaller countries that prefere global irrelevancy, over uniting and be one of the big guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Learning another language doesn't mean you can't keep using the one you're accustomed to

I totally imagine that scenarios similar to those of Scotland and Catalonia would probably happen all over Europe if the USE were to exist, but eventually, there might be a small chance it could work
    An official language would have to be a first language for citizens thereby relegating the original language to a 2nd language position. It'd be like the Bretons or Welsh who are trying hard to hold onto their original languages, but they have to default to French or English because that's the official language of their nation.

And even more idiots are against it.

I hope to see europe as one big powerful nation, not a small continent with alot of even smaller countries that prefere global irrelevancy, over uniting and be one of the big guys.
    Why is that a good thing though? I'd rather live in a small little country like Switzerland or Austria where they're content to do their thing than live in a big nation that gets into wars constantly.
    Last edited by nonameelf; 2016-06-27 at 03:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The culture in the North is the same as White-Trashistan?
    Having lived all over, Trashy people are endemic to all regions and all places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a European living in the US. Nope.
    Not anywhere close. Cannot compare it, period.
    The cultural differences within some european countries are greater compared to neighbouring regions of different countries. So i don´t really see a problem with that. People just have to understand that we´re better together than alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.