Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I would love to have a 3rd profession slot per character, and I would not mind it being a gold sink, as long as the amount is reasonable.
    Put it at one million gold to open a 3rd proffession slot. Need to get rid of all this Garrison gold laying around ruining the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Put it at one million gold to open a 3rd proffession slot. Need to get rid of all this Garrison gold laying around ruining the AH.
    Heck no, make it a prof-related epic quest chain instead -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    /Thread

Feeling forced to have/use alts to increase the power of your main isn't fun.
    Feeling forced to never play your alts in fear that resources gained on them won't be able to be used isn't fun either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Sure, a quest chain where the final quest is to visit some dude on the top of a mountain and give him 1 milion gold.

Anyways, two proffessions is more than enough.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways, two proffessions is more than enough.
    I disagree, it's a silly and artificial limitation that only encourages alts upon alts instead of actually committing to a main.
    MMO player

Deleted
    Content! Yes, please!

I disagree, it's a silly and artificial limitation that only encourages alts upon alts instead of actually committing to a main.
    So are multiple classes but you can only pick 1 per character. Lets make every character every class with every profession.

When you're done shitting all over Blizzard's game,don't forget to wipe.

Maybe, but again, you are supposed to do choices, not have everything handed to you. Before we pretty much dedicated ourself to one spec, had to go back to a trainer to change it, and the price was high at the time. Now you just press a button and you are suddenly a Blood DK instead of an Unholy one.
    Now we get to keep all recipes we learn in legion, by buying a tome for 1k gold if we decide to change proffession, but want to change back again. Change change change.

Everything is handed to us on a silver platter, we don't need all proffessions on one char at all, it gives us nothing.

But that is your opinion, and this here is mine. Who cares in the end.

Maybe, but again, you are supposed to do choices, not have everything handed to you. Before we pretty much dedicated ourself to one spec, had to go back to a trainer to change it, and the price was high at the time. Now you just press a button and you are suddenly a Blood DK instead of an Unholy one.
    Now we get to keep all recipes we learn in legion, by buying a tome for 1k gold if we decide to change proffession, but want to change back again. Change change change.

Everything is handed to us on a silver platter, we don't need all proffessions on one char at all, it gives us nothing.

But that is your opinion, and this here is mine. Who cares in the end.
    The tomes only return the Legion questing recipes that you couldn't otherwise get again because the quests are one time. Someone seriously involved with professions isn't going to want to replace all of the prior recipes and won't be swapping things around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    So are multiple classes but you can only pick 1 per character. Lets make every character every class with every profession.
    Except there is no necessity to play all classes at once. Getting a third prof slot, however, does not by any means equal to "Lets make every character every class with every profession", unless important quantities of alcohol are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    When you're done shitting all over Blizzard's game,don't forget to wipe.
    Don't you get cuts with all those edges? Because FFXIV uses a "universal class mechanic" and EvE uses a "universal profession mechanic", and it seems fine.
    MMO player

Except there is no necessity to play all classes at once. Getting a third prof slot, however, does not by any means equal to "Lets make every character every class with every profession", unless important quantities of alcohol are involved.

Don't you get cuts with all those edges? Because FFXIV uses a "universal class mechanic" and EvE uses a "universal profession mechanic", and it seems fine.
    But then again, those are two games that are not WoW. If you like their systems so much, go play them?

10+ Year Old Account
    But then again, those are two games that are not WoW. If you like their systems so much, go play them?
    It is known (tm) that WoW copied a lot of solutions from other games (most often not from Blizzard's). Indeed, good solutions can emerge everywhere.
    My point is, the current profession system, in addition to being "meh" at best from a rewards standpoint, needs a very large overhaul. Luckily, exampled of good solutions in crafting/industry are readily available.
    MMO player

It is known (tm) that WoW copied a lot of solutions from other games (most often not from Blizzard's). Indeed, good solutions can emerge everywhere.
    My point is, the current profession system, in addition to being "meh" at best from a rewards standpoint, needs a very large overhaul. Luckily, exampled of good solutions in crafting/industry are readily available.
    And why will having one extra proffesion magically "fix" it? People will end up with 3 crafting proffesions, then complain yet again: "Blizz, y u no give me 4th?! Need gatherur!"

10+ Year Old Account
    And why will having one extra proffesion magically "fix" it? People will end up with 3 crafting proffesions, then complain yet again: "Blizz, y u no give me 4th?! Need gatherur!"
    This can be easily fixed through limitations. Besides, no one ever said that adding that third extra "slot" will magically fix everything, but it's a step in the right direction. Unlike what we get in Legion, which is more in the tune of "one step forward, one to the side and one back", resulting in things getting somewhere around where they already were, but a bit different.
    MMO player

This can be easily fixed through limitations. Besides, no one ever said that adding that third extra "slot" will magically fix everything, but it's a step in the right direction. Unlike what we get in Legion, which is more in the tune of "one step forward, one to the side and one back", resulting in things getting somewhere around where they already were, but a bit different.
    And why exactly, is having everything, a step in the right direction?

10+ Year Old Account
    And why exactly, is having everything, a step in the right direction?
    Are you even reading my replies? How on earth do you manage to equate "3rd profession slot" with "having everything"?
    MMO player

Are you even reading my replies? How on earth do you manage to equate "3rd profession slot" with "having everything"?
    Because that is how it starts, the community of WoW will never get satisfied, just look at how it went with dual talent "WHY DONT YOU GIVE US ALL OF THEM QQ?". Will be exactly the same if they would decide to give us a 3rd proffession.

I still don't see any reason as to why one would want to have 3 proffessions though. Seems like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by beerhug View Post
    Currently on beta you can buy an item for 1k gold which let you re-learn all legion recipes/patterns previously learned but lost when you dropped that profession. The item is called 'Forgotten Patterns of the Broken Isles' and there are separate ones for each profession, including gathering (i.e. upgrades learned from mining, skinning). I don't know what would happen to older rare recipes like 'vial of the sands'.
    "Broken Isles" - it only will let you learn one-time only recipes obtained from the Broken Isles.
    Quest rewards or other recipes that you can get only once on a given character.
    I don't think it will give you back vendor recipes if they remain available still.

Given this new desire to push players into certain optimal profession combinations, then I think blizzard should provide a means of transferring a profession IN FULL to another character.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Its to avoid pay to win with tokens. I want them to stay BoP. You should want them to stay BoP. /thread

Honestly though, I rarely get any BoS from nodes on my beta char, most of them come from World Quests and Dungeons. And even that Nightfallen training scenario.

Pretty sure I can count on one hand all the BoS I've got from nodes, and I've mined a lot of those. Might be because I haven't obtained 3 starts in mining though.