Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looking at the pet buffs currently, in a group setting, is there any reason to bring other pets than the nether ray (Blood Lust), or crane/moth (C. Res)?

I guess in pvp the go-to pet would be one with the healing debuff, so: riverbeast, scorpid or carrion bird?

If they aren't changing anything I hope those buffs/debuffs are spread out to other pets aswell, just for diversity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Will we also be able to get other 2handed weapons as drops in LFR? (2handed swords and axes)
    afaik there arent ANY weapons dropping this expansion cause of Artifacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    More than likely no. Seeing as how they are leaving things the way they are in terms of class/spec requirements (as far as what's been revealed), then hunters will not be on the loot list for the drop from LFR. Best bet is get on a warrior/paladin/DK and use some bonus rolls trying to get the ones you want for the wardrobe feature.
    But but... i only have my hunter lvl 100 T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    afaik there arent ANY weapons dropping this expansion cause of Artifacts.
    I know, but i meant older LFR content like MoP raids, if i go with my Hunter in Legion as survival, will i be able to get a two-handed sword/axe, polearm or am i only going to get bows and guns?

I know, but i meant older LFR content like MoP raids, if i go with my Hunter in Legion as survival, will i be able to get a two-handed sword/axe, polearm or am i only going to get bows and guns?
    You can transmog only polearm weapons, whats the point of two-handed sword/axe etc?

More info here: Polearms: Survival Hunter Transmog Spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    You can transmog only polearm weapons, whats the point of two-handed sword/axe etc?
    On the ptr you can xmog polearms into swords, axes and staves too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post

More info here: Polearms: Survival Hunter Transmog Spotlight
    You can transmog polearms into staves, two-handed swords and axes (sadly, no maces, but that's mainly cause as a hunter we can't even equip those)

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    On the ptr you can xmog polearms into swords, axes and staves too.
    You can transmog polearms into staves, two-handed swords and axes (sadly, no maces, but that's mainly cause as a hunter we can't even equip those)
    Good to know.

I see lots of posts about mobility. Bearing in mind, i see in every melee spec thread' We need more mobility'. First of all, not only has Blizzard dialled back on this arms race of giving everyone more mobility, it's just not very interesting.

PVE:

1. Harpoon 20 sec cd, longest charge in the game? Resets on a kill. Can talent for breaking movement impairing effects plus a 60% movement speed for 8 seconds after it, or talent for 10% chance to reset cd on crit.

2. Aspect of the Cheetah 90% for 3 sec, 30% for 9 sec, can be talented to 90% to 6 sec, and 30% for 12 seconds.

Obviously the talent row is shared between them, but still. I don't see how anyone in PVE could complain about this. You can charge and gain 60% movement speed for nearly half the cooldown of Harpoon. Thinking about it, you could even use it before you have to move just for the speed boost?

Without just giving us Heroic Leap, where the issue there? Not every class needs a way to move out of everything instantly.

If we add PVP to this, we have lots of slows which obviously count due to increases uptime.

Wing clip 15 second 50% slow melee snare, which can be talented to a 40 yard range 3 second root followed by snare..

Tar trap aoe 50% targeted snare, which can be talented to caltrops for a 70% reduction in movement speed.

Expert trapper gives most of our slowing traps roots instead, or in addition to.

PVP tree wise we can half the cd of Aspect of the Cheetah, or talent Masters call for a root breaker and 4 second immunity.

And fucking hell, we can even talent for another 6 second root in Trackers net.

There's obviously a few 'break on damage' effects here, and i'm not expert, but i'd say Survival has enough mobility and slows to survive in most aspects of the game. I fully expect to be called an idiot, but i just wrote down everything i see.

Deleted
    Why the hell would you need a 60% movement speed when you already used harpoon ? pointless
    And 3 sec sprint with aspect on a 3 min CD, yea AWSOME..... the other speed you get, also pointless
    Last edited by mmocd658a685e4; 2016-06-27 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Why the hell would you need a 60% movement speed when you already used harpoon ? pointless
    And 3 sec sprint with aspect on a 3 min CD, yea AWSOME..... the other speed you get, also pointless
    You tell me? I'm not the one complaining about mobility. It's a charge which is great. If you know you need to run out, you could charge while already on a target to get the boost. 20 sec charge seems excellent to me to begin with. For oh shit moments you have cheetah. I think Survival has enough tools to deals with raid encounters.

Anyone able to tell me why my lvl100 SV Hunter on Beta can't use Freezing trap without a ranged weapon and doesn't have Explosive trap at all?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Anyone able to tell me why my lvl100 SV Hunter on Beta can't use Freezing trap without a ranged weapon and doesn't have Explosive trap at all?
    Is this a character you copied over?

In the last page or two some one mentioned if its a character copy there where problems if you had trap launcher on. Have a look, they posted a command that turned trap launcher off.

Not sure if this is your particular problem, but might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Osinin View Post
    Is this a character you copied over?

In the last page or two some one mentioned if its a character copy there where problems if you had trap launcher on. Have a look, they posted a command that turned trap launcher off.

Not sure if this is your particular problem, but might help.
    Yeah was a char I copied over. I will have a look.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So my Sv hunter is only 104, and 110 premades have like 5% haste, so I can't really tell how much better the focus regen gets with higher haste.

Anyone who might be 110 and has gotten a bit of haste, does it feel a lot better, or is it still really low? I'm unable to keep lacerate/flank on cd while still keeping Mok'nathal up with only the 5% premade haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preach just put out a video about SV if you haven't seen it already:

Hello hunters, i took a look at survival

Last edited by Frostelion; 2016-06-28 at 10:30 AM.

With just the raid consumable/enchants as haste it feels a lot better if only for the gcd reduction. That said keeping WotM up and never delaying flanking strike is still not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    With just the raid consumable/enchants as haste it feels a lot better if only for the gcd reduction. That said keeping WotM up and never delaying flanking strike is still not possible.
    Yeah I didn't expect it to be possible to keep it all up. As long as it's enough to keep flank/lac on CD and not feel like you literally cannot hit raptor ever is fine.

4 piece set bonus: When mongoose Fury reaches 6 stacks, you gain 50% increased damage to all abilities.

thoughts?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Yeah I didn't expect it to be possible to keep it all up. As long as it's enough to keep flank/lac on CD and not feel like you literally cannot hit raptor ever is fine.
    Play with WotMN, use Flanking only to dump focus when you are about to cap(instead of on CD).

Focus has very little value to SV at the moment beyond keeping up WotMN and Lacerate on CD. You sometimes have a bit of extra focus and an extra GCD though to use Flanking.