Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    If you buy it from an individual there are no background checks at all. So, yes, you can still buy guns if you have a criminal record.
    And people see no issue with this

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And people see no issue with this
    Lots of people see an issue with it, but a minority of people just start screaming "MY 2ND AMENDMENT WAH" whenever someone tries to promote reasonable background checks for gun purchases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No, people see an issue with it, it's a loophole that the majority of Americans want to see closed.
    And isn't what Hawaii suggests just that? If you legally own a gun you're registered, if you own a gun but aren't registered it's illegal and the FBI will know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    The majority of firearm homicides are committed by gangs in gang related disputes.
    No. That's just not true. It's more like 13%

Another failed talking point which I'm sure you'll continue to spout, regardless of the evidence.
    Eat yo vegetables

I would question somebodies lifestyle if they're regularly mugged and raped

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why it's illegal for them to own guns.... Understand?

You would question someone's lifestyle if they are on a family vacation at a popular resort and they get mugged/raped?
    I never said it was one person assaulted multiple times, even though I'm sure it's happened, I'm talking about the relatively common act of tweakers assaulting tourists.

Love it. Now do more.

Pu means gun. Gun means everyone gets added to DB...!

Yeah that was awful, trying to do that Lilo&Stitch thing...

I don't see a problem if it works
    Except that it is a database for CRIMINALS!? Something a person goes into when they become you know, a Criminal?

Why would you place non-Criminals in a database for Criminals? People are so fucking ass backwards.

How about we register every man/woman into the National Sex Offender Database, 'cuz you know, maybe we can use that to stop someone from being a sex offender?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    This is whack. It's literally "We made it so criminals we arrest are no longer allowed to legally obtain guns"

Why would NOT want your criminals guns taken?
    NO, this makes everyone that owns a gun technically a Criminal. Because this list is what you go on when you are arrested (become a Criminal). Now the instant you buy a firearm in Hawaii, you are registered as a Criminal...

Hawaii's governor signed a bill making it the first state to place its residents who own firearms in a federal criminal record database and monitor them for possible wrongdoing anywhere in the country, his office said.
    Fuck that. Why does it have to be a criminal record database?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your study deals with all homicides, just not firearms. Thanks for staying intellectually honest though.
    You realize what that means, correct? That the number of firearm homicides by gang members is even smaller than 13%.

Your talking point has been destroyed. But like I said, you'll continue using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Fuck that. Why does it have to be a criminal record database?
    It doesn't actually make the person a criminal. You get that, right?

It's a database that law enforcement will check, when criminal activity takes place, to see if they need to confiscate any firearms.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    It doesn't actually make the person a criminal. You get that, right?

It's a database that law enforcement will check, when criminal activity takes place, to see if they need to confiscate any firearms.
    I know it doesn't make you a criminal. But the fact that they're calling it a criminal record database basically implies that there's something wrong with you. I'm all for gun control. But essentially calling people criminals whilst telling them 'oh, you're not a criminal, it's fine' is just an asshole move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I know it doesn't make you a criminal. But the fact that they're calling it a criminal record database basically implies that there's something wrong with you.
    Reuters is calling it that. I have no idea what Hawaii is calling it. It's a database of firearm owners. That's it. Let's not let the name of it determine whether or not it's a good idea.
    Eat yo vegetables

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Except that it is a database for CRIMINALS!? Something a person goes into when they become you know, a Criminal?

Why would you place non-Criminals in a database for Criminals? People are so fucking ass backwards.
    Non-criminals are not being put in a database for criminals. Firearm owners are being put into a database of firearm owners.

How about we register every man/woman into the National Sex Offender Database, 'cuz you know, maybe we can use that to stop someone from being a sex offender?
    False equivalency. You don't need to buy or be in possession of anything in particular to commit a sexual offense. This is more akin to a car registration database. Is every car owner now a criminal because they're registered as owning a car?

NO, this makes everyone that owns a gun technically a Criminal.
    Nope.

Because this list is what you go on when you are arrested (become a Criminal).
    Nope, this list is what you go on when you buy a firearm.

Now the instant you buy a firearm in Hawaii, you are registered as a Criminal...
    Nope.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

criminals won't be on this list. All this does is punish law abiding citizens for exercising their rights as American citizens

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    criminals won't be on this list. All this does is punish law abiding citizens for exercising their rights as American citizens
    In what way are law abiding citizens being punished?

"OMG I have to fill out a short form when I buy a firearm?! Oh the horror..."
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    Only in a liberal state. glad i dont live in that stater. besides, im sure the "bad guys" will let them know when they buy a gun.. "Off the record"... lol . how lame!

Deleted
    Rap Back
    The Rap Back service allows authorized agencies to receive notification of activity on individuals who hold positions of trust (e.g. school teachers, daycare workers) or who are under criminal justice supervision or investigation, thus eliminating the need for repeated background checks on a person from the same applicant agency. Prior to the deployment of Rap Back, the national criminal history background check system provided a one-time snapshot view of an individual’s criminal history status. With Rap Back, authorized agencies can receive on-going status notifications of any criminal history reported to the FBI after the initial processing and retention of criminal or civil transactions. By using fingerprint identification to identify persons arrested and prosecuted for crimes, Rap Back provides a nationwide notice to both criminal justice and noncriminal justice authorities regarding subsequent actions.
    Source: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/fi...biometrics/ngi

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't understand statistics.
    OK. Sure. Let's start over then.

Provide evidence for this claim:

The majority of firearm homicides are committed by gangs in gang related disputes.
    Eat yo vegetables

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    In what way are law abiding citizens being punished?

"OMG I have to fill out a short form when I buy a firearm?! Oh the horror..."
    they already have to fill out a form, the punishment is being put on an "FBI list", why cause some liberal thinks by keeping track of law biding people they will somehow catch the bad guy... like the bad guys will follow the rules. punishment is identifying the good guys in the same light as the bad guys.

Lets put everyone house in Canada that does NOT have a gun in the house on a national list.. monotered by some agency thats well not above corruption... cause i trust they 100% not like they have ever been wrong.. .. do u sense the sarcastic tone... <shakes head and walks away>