Here's a post I wrote a while back with detailed information about Ignore Pain. There are details about how the cap works at the end. Nothing about how IP works has changed since then, so the post is still an accurate reference.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40595271

There was definitely a change to the IP formula, it's no longer 2x the value on cast. With just a 110 premade pvp geared warrior at 1.87 million hp, I'm getting IP to cap at 2,479,155 damage, with a cast value at 376,272 and that's not including any Dragon Scales procs since I just tested it on the damage dummy using Never Surrender.

http://i.imgur.com/HpYjfAI.jpg
    Last edited by rahjr666; 2016-06-27 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Added imgur link

Deleted
    Marok and Agromat, AFAIK there's been no blue post about a change and that's why my confusion. Go and test it tho.

rahjr, did you have a trinket proc running when you casted the last IP?
    Last edited by mmoc61098086ac; 2016-06-27 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salix View Post
    Marok and Agromat, AFAIK there's been no blue post about it and that's why my confusion. Go and test it tho.

rahjr, did you have a trinket proc running when you casted the last IP?
    I did after double checking, after casting it again 3-4 times after it faded, it was still around 2.1 million cap on IP.

15+ Year Old Account
    So IP can stack up to 3x aslong as you dont take the dmg it can obsorb?
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-06-27 at 01:10 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    So IP can stack up to 3x aslong as you dont take the dmg it can obsorb?
    Yes. It's about 1,398 mln IP with 1,765 mln HP. This is really nice move from Dev's as it was annoying you can't easily screw it up with proc etc.

Would like to see - normal IP, proc, proc.. Heh. Hope it's not a 'UPS who did this' kinda of thing, similar to healing from Inspiring Presence. In case anyone thought about it - 2 procs + normal IP = 1,398 IP anyway.
    Last edited by Ashenia; 2016-06-27 at 04:33 PM. Reason: some minor info

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yse View Post
    Yes. It's about 1,398 mln IP with 1,765 mln HP. This is really nice move from Dev's as it was annoying you can't easily screw it up with proc etc.

Would like to see - normal IP, proc, proc.. Heh. Hope it's not a 'UPS who did this' kinda of thing, similar to healing from Inspiring Presence. In case anyone thought about it - 2 procs + normal IP = 1,398 IP anyway.
    You mean the dragonscale proc?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Yes Dragon Scale proc, two in row followed with normal IP.

Yea, you guys are right. They definitely changed the cap system of IP (it seems to be gone?). I made a post about it on the theorycrafting questions thread so hopefully we get an answer.

Deleted
    thats nice that they changes the way the cap worked. glad they listened to feedback and/or figured that out on their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    (it seems to be gone?)
    I doubt the cap is completely gone. That would allow some ridiculously high stacking.
    While off tanking for example, we would be able to stack it to tens of millions, since all that is needed is about 4 RPS to keep increasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    I doubt the cap is completely gone. That would allow some ridiculously high stacking.
    While off tanking for example, we would be able to stack it to tens of millions, since all that is needed is about 4 RPS to keep increasing it.
    Ohhhhhh shit! Sounds like meaningful off tanking gameplay! Don't let your IP drop!

(I have no idea if there's a cap or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    thats nice that they changes the way the cap worked. glad they listened to feedback and/or figured that out on their own.
    If only there was patch notes, a forum post, or anything resembling transparency so players knew what the fuck was going on...

Deleted
    Casting a series of IP's without any random events (procs and all that good stuff).

IP 1: 290718
    IP 2: 581437
    IP 3: 855055
    IP 4: 855055

Quote Originally Posted by Ejs View Post
    Casting a series of IP's without any random events (procs and all that good stuff).

IP 1: 290718
    IP 2: 581437
    IP 3: 855055
    IP 4: 855055
    Well this is weird. I just tested it and I was able to cast 6 IPs (no bonuses/procs) before hitting the cap.

Every IP cast added 368,360 absorb until I hit my cap of 2,085,060 which is ~5.4 * base value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    Well this is weird. I just tested it and I was able to cast 6 IPs (no bonuses/procs) before hitting the cap.

Every IP cast added 368,360 absorb until I hit my cap of 2,085,060 which is ~5.4 * base value.
    Lvl, talents, artifact traits, trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Ejs View Post
    Lvl, talents, artifact traits, trinkets?
    Just the standard gear on the PvP server. As for talents I took NS but I was sitting at 100% HP so that shouldn't affect anything.

Deleted
    Never Surrender very much affects it. With Never Surrender the cap is set at 3* full-boost-IPs. Regardless of what health you're actually at, the cap is constant at the max potential. Because you were stacking at 100% health it took you 6* base-value-IPs to get to that cap, since your IPs were essentially 'half strength' compared to their potential max value.

What's strange is that you capped at 5.66* base value rather than 6*
    Last edited by mmoc61098086ac; 2016-06-28 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salix View Post
    Never Surrender very much affects it. With Never Surrender the cap is set at 3* full-boost-IPs. Regardless of what health you're actually at, the cap is constant at the max potential. Because you were stacking at 100% health it took you 6* base-value-IPs to get to that cap, since your IPs were essentially 'half strength' compared to their potential max value.
    Ah okay. I misread your previous post. That makes sense though. I assume it's intended. Makes a lot more sense than the previous cap system IMO.
    Last edited by Marok; 2016-06-28 at 10:42 AM.

So just so I'm 100% clear, there is no longer any arbitrary cap on Ignore Pain depending on procs or any chance to lower the cap if you accidentally overwrite a proc-ed Ignore Pain. The cap is now what the value of 6 normal Ignore Pains are, correct?