Page 82 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    Is there anyone out there who could potentially make a WA string to track the # of Atonements placed on the raid via Plea so we dont accidentally drain ourselves of mana needlessly?
    It wouldn't necessarily have to be Atonements placed via Plea, would it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    It wouldn't necessarily have to be Atonements placed via Plea, would it?
    Im sure you could have an addon to count all of your active atonements but Im mainly interested in the ones done with Plea because each cast of plea costs more mana depending on how many Plea Atonements you already have active.

Im sure you could have an addon to count all of your active atonements but Im mainly interested in the ones done with Plea because each cast of plea costs more mana depending on how many Plea Atonements you already have active.
    I'm sorry but it looks like you got something wrong there.
    The cost of Plea increases with each atonement out, not accounting the spell they were applied with.

So after all you would only need a WA for the number of Atonements created by you.
    Note that Plea actually displays a number in the bottom right corner how many Atonements you have out. (Yeah I know not the same as a WA)

Kind regards,
    Immo

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah! I have been mistaken this whole time. Thank you!

Knowing the number of Atonement active at one time is valuable both to estimate the cost of next Plea and the impact of DPS.

d8s7baGEcvTlkvBdunBG(MGDkv2RA3uSFj4NuIggvmoQ0GPegoLYbfvogGZrQwmHslhjpf1Ye65KYujzYuLPd9BjDB P8mrX1bzJsOdtWMfz7sv1FPK6As00qQVlvLhdkFMQA0IQgVO0LOKClPkNMOZtiRKqLlJ41ekEGvZcRMZHvdPrm4Daz kDDdJZAZr7a2DShdZTzVzVvZPQbzP4j3fDM9KA2afePizXzRmfSWkTcIBgPK((eQvZAOamXyT0KQZWQqgCgYiXzFQk KTzJqJyT0KQZ2aferO0MncnI2Q7aMZHvdPrm444mfXxwnkr2iZijlo3N0dZFXYOti66cpOhk1DdXt9OHpBGAkkPVpH s7oGzP3CoSAkyHbQjwc1CEI0ppEXs4rDAx4aarAANmrNt9OdZzTmL0i4DzSRRR7gc6rD4UHYzWQG3QzpzkjHbbIIwn 3Gar5QXXzQkiz1CdceLRghNPeGrwn3Gar5QXXzuaKyWvZniquUACCojadLvZQ5geikxnooolYYusJGxSKoaaeIooHO EWjsFQhn94C)3bqhbgFa

Text WA with %s (and %n if you want the name of your teammate with atonement)
    Type : aura
    Unit : group
    Aura(s) : Atonement
    Stack info : number affected (and Name info : player affected if you want the name of your teammate with atonement)
    Aura type : buff

Is there anyone out there who could potentially make a WA string to track the # of Atonements placed on the raid via Plea so we dont accidentally drain ourselves of mana needlessly?
    Firstly, Plea's mana cost is dependent on the total number of Atonements, not just the Atonements placed by Plea itself. And I believe the standard Plea Icon actually has a number on it which shows you how many Atonements there are active.

But anyway, I can't with WA cause I don't use it but I probably could with TMW. I've had a TMW string to track my total Renewing Mists on the raid for ages, and it's a pretty similar idea. For weak auras, your best bet is to find a string used to track total ReM on the Raid, which I'm sure are out there, and then edit it for Atonement rather than ReM.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore me, others have answered you already anyway

- - - Updated - - -

I think a good solution for Disc in 5man content would be to give disc a talent or even just a passive, that simply increases the amount transferred by atonement by X% while you have less than Y number of atonement buffs active.
    Something like:
    "When you have 3 or less atonements active, the amount transferred by atonement is increased by 20%"

Or even better IMO, it could be a tapering effect;
    "Atonement healing increased by 10%, 3 stacks. Each additional atonement target after the first removes a stack"
    So with only a single atonement active, you'd have 30% increased Atonement healing. With 2 active targets you'd have 20%, with 3 targets you'd have 10%, 4 or more targets you'd have no increased atonement healing.
    This could achieve a similar effect to what Gorsameth suggested, but would be easier to implement at this stage of the development process. It'd give disc that extra throughput for 5mans without making their raid healing overpowered. Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Everything is limited by mana, which means that Schism gets left in the dust (unless you're on some kind of specific fight that demands burst healing instead of overall healing), PWR must be used sparingly (and I found, pretty much only under PI), and Plea is evil incarnate as it will sneak up on you and steal all of your mana if you dare to cast it when you're already past 5 Atonements.
    So plea's mana cost is increased by 100% for each atonement active, but is this a linear increase or exponential? So with 3 atonements, would its be 0.36*3=1.08% base mana, or is it 0.36*2*2=1.44% base mana?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    So plea's mana cost is increased by 100% for each atonement active, but is this a linear increase or exponential? So with 3 atonements, would its be 0.36*3=1.08% base mana, or is it 0.36*2*2=1.44% base mana?
    Linear, but you also have to add base cost.

So it's 0.36 * [1 + Atonements]

So I just looked around in the WA's I have and found the one I used in MoP for MW (I didn't create it myself).
    If shows you the number of Mists out in the raid and the shortest remaining duration.

Feel free to modify. If none modified it until evening it's likely I'll do so and post it again.

due(oaGisfxcPQyuajNci1RqQknlk0TOuKDHuzyuQ6yislJIspdiktdisxdPQY2qQI6BivjohsvkRdPk08ivIUhu1( qQcoiIyHGcEiOqteuuxePQQpceXjjv1kjYljvc3erTtkQ(jLIAOGISuqPNIWuHkxLuP8vGWCjvQ2lj)funy1HrYIPu 4Xa1KjLldzZiLptPYOPiNgLxtrXSjQBtj7gv)gKHtblhWZjmDQUou2oPs67ar14Pu68KQSEKQu9EKQi3hPkP9lRivH tryPi0ueAkCkcWychYchYwxrqdJd2zqCqb6K6UBgTMd5niiboSiYmHlAiGMd5niiboSiYmHlOtyccWrcVDtiEdGCma ERdSiY60iUwsD3Tmeyk5gX1WXSqn(geKahwezMWf0jmbb4iH32udsqooMfcuGoPU7gX1WXSqn(gu6qFOJuA6aA6rAq awuoOqCnCmleOtQ7UbqogaVbbjWHfrMjCbDGHW4oD0PJUZ1Ho6qCnCmlusiUMIWby2zhcqHtr46zaPiaJjCilfbymH dzb31ZasrG0ve3veGXeoKfHtb2mcfbnmoyNbXbfOtQ7Uz0AoK3GGe4WIiZeUODtiEdGCmaEBFJ4Aj1D3aihdG3GGe4 WIiZeUGoWqyCpjextragt4qwWmgaLZG4kcAyCWodIdkqNu3DZO1CiVbbjWHfrMjCr7Mq8ga5ya82EJT9nIRLu3DZO1 GGe4WIiZeUGoWqyCVXJVTVDtiEdGCmaEBVX2(gX1sQ7UbqogaVbbjWHfrMjCbDAyauodIBSbbjWHfrMjCbDctqaos4 jH4AkcKUI4UqrOBMRpo4KOBWsIIamMWHSue0W4GDgehuGoPU7wgcmLCdlImt4c91A8nPKsVrptkPj1D3YqGPKBdaiA mBB8ToaumnDsQ7ULHatj3CmlysMspeGOX3GeKBoMfibacZazKLnqacqb6K6U7K6UBziWuYnhZImt4IgFBFsD3Tmeyk 52IjCygdOX32Nu3DldbMsUfMGaCKWjZeEJV5m5U7oPU7oPU7MrR5qERVqFoSumnqb62nH4j1D3D3TbaenMTn(whdua UE6Ku3D3D3CmlysMspeGOX3CmlysMspeGOTjstQ7U7U7K6U7U7MgeqtHNuJni1(wdkPU7U7U7UBziWuYnCJnCJnCJn CJnCJTggaLZG4gBKTgyauodIJJzHm2yCMdJuchbySHBSHBSfgqYY6R14BDJZCsWaOaLogKP0dbOJXMc0j1D3D3D3DZ O1cdizz91AkUwlmGKL1xRXJVHfrMjCH(ATBcXtQ7U7U7U7U7Uz0AmoZHrkHJaA84BDmitPhcqNMIR1iBnWaOCgehhZ c1UjepPU7U7U7U7U7U7U5ywKzcx04BoMfzMWfn9TjnPU7U7U7U7U7U7UTychMXaA8TggaLZG4j1D3D3D3D3D3D3nJw ZH8wyccWrcNmt4neqJS1adGYzqCCmluRlBHjiahjCYmH3UjepPU7U7U7U7U7U7U7UBHjiahjCYmH34BKTgyauodIJJ zHsQ7U7U7U7U7U7UBexlPU7U7U7U7U7U7UTbaIYmj1D3D3D3D3D3iUwsD3D3D3D3iUwsD3D3DJ4Aj1D3iUwsD3DsD3 nniGMHNuJCmlysMspeGO1GsQ7U7UBziWuYngN5n(2aaIgZw6OJLu3D3D30GaAk8KASbP23Aqj1D3D3D3DldbMsUHBS HBSHBSHBSHBS1WaOCge3yJS1adGYzqCCmlKXgJZCyKs4iaJnCJnCJTWaswwFTgFRBCMtcgafOW4m3ytb6K6U7U7U7U z0AHbKSS(AnfxRfgqYY6R14X3WIiZeUqFT2nH4j1D3D3D3D3D3mAngN5WiLWranE8TogKP0dbOttX1AKTgyauodIJJ zHA3eINu3D3D3D3D3D3D3CmlYmHlA8nhZImt4IM(2KMu3D3D3D3D3D3D3wmHdZyan(wddGYzq8K6U7U7U7U7U7U7Mr R5qElmbb4iHtMj8gcOr2AGbq5miooMfQ1LTWeeGJeozMWB3eINu3D3D3D3D3D3D3D3TWeeGJeozMWB8nYwdmakNbXX XSqj1D3D3D3D3D3D3nIRLu3D3D3D3D3D3D32aarzMK6U7U7U7U7UBexlPU7U7U7UBexlPU7U7UrCTK6UBexlPU7oPU 7geKahwezMWfn(MEkPU7U7UbdHX9gFZXSiZeUWysD3D3DRHbq5miEJVTychMXamMu3D3D3ctqaos4n(wyccWrcNmt4 j1D30Rj1D3j1D3aihdG3CmlYmHlA6H2(KqCnfbymHdzb3etdPiaJjCilLRiObXDfbjamk5ggKPaBgfHjeZotUYCqMz veYquAkCkcmbcohPRiaLnueoLmI7kCkclmzNPWPCLRialtjekCkcbJBNmsrq2MnxxOiSWKDMcNIGSnBUUqbdkx5kcH beyfofHGXTtgPm3SkclmzNPWPm3Skyq5kxrGjqWDkze3vWGIatGGdwMsiuWGIaasgPWPiSWKDMcNYvUIqJrJgdmMSR NcNIWct2zkCkx5kcmbcUWacScgue0Oa7miUcNIWct2zkCkx5kcakWifofHfMSZu4uUYveyceCoLfszdLRiObXDcg9o szoP0pfHgtyqMspcNcSzekc6dyfbaYogehNEgqkcgyiUIGXzoCWqwgKrostzoPkcHtb2mcycIXDfbms)nhh9hwfbLM gZzqCkz4oaZo7qacfoLRiyAkcyrKzcxOiS1MPrtGCL52eiJ(Pia5mn3KYCqMzveCmlCam7SdbiuMtQIaJ7am7SdbOW PiaJjCilfbnmoyNbXbfOtQ7Uz0AoK3GGe4WIiZeUODtiEdGCmaE7ayOgX1sQ7Uz0AqqcCyrKzcxqhyimU34X323Uje VbqogaVDamuJ4Aj1D3aihdG30OKfOKqCnLRi0ycdYu6PpyiUIqFUJaOrbgP76dgIl0DkBWKzUEWTG4MboaIJa5mUDw mHlueGHGK1Ga5CLnuUIqOimlDKsN90zw6ffHUQmNuqQzjv5kf

7+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, Plea's mana cost is dependent on the total number of Atonements, not just the Atonements placed by Plea itself. And I believe the standard Plea Icon actually has a number on it which shows you how many Atonements there are active.

But anyway, I can't with WA cause I don't use it but I probably could with TMW. I've had a TMW string to track my total Renewing Mists on the raid for ages, and it's a pretty similar idea. For weak auras, your best bet is to find a string used to track total ReM on the Raid, which I'm sure are out there, and then edit it for Atonement rather than ReM.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore me, others have answered you already anyway

- - - Updated - - -

I think a good solution for Disc in 5man content would be to give disc a talent or even just a passive, that simply increases the amount transferred by atonement by X% while you have less than Y number of atonement buffs active.
    Something like:
    "When you have 3 or less atonements active, the amount transferred by atonement is increased by 20%"

Or even better IMO, it could be a tapering effect;
    "Atonement healing increased by 10%, 3 stacks. Each additional atonement target after the first removes a stack"
    So with only a single atonement active, you'd have 30% increased Atonement healing. With 2 active targets you'd have 20%, with 3 targets you'd have 10%, 4 or more targets you'd have no increased atonement healing.
    This could achieve a similar effect to what Gorsameth suggested, but would be easier to implement at this stage of the development process. It'd give disc that extra throughput for 5mans without making their raid healing overpowered. Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I should upgrade my remuplift addon to support atonement.

So after browseing disc logs on the last couple of raid test I was surprised to see disc doing as well as it has. I do relise that some of the fights were very short. I was thinking other healers would be pulling much higher numbers compared to disc

was anyone else surprised?
    Last edited by drivec; 2016-06-28 at 07:38 PM.

Half the people you see on these logs contain disc priests that use 18 2p/4p and demonic phylactery. Demonic phylactery especially breaks the spec completely because plea is almost free and you can spam it without worrying at all about the scaling mana cost based on number of atonements not to mention the tier set bonus almost doubles your healing generated by penance and atonement-penance.

I was in a raid with a disc priest that was just using his live toon with the items mentioned above and this is the result across both bosses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing

Remember kids, you can write off Disc as being terrible based on Mythic testing logs of 2 minute boss pulls where a lot of people are using stupidly scaled up items that they copied over from live, but don't you dare suggest that it's not terrible based on those same kind of logs.

Deleted
    I'm convinced, based on a few logs I've seen around that raiding is not going to be a disc's enemy. I'd expect it to be rather the contrary in fact, it would be the ideal cocoon where discs get to perform exactly as they're designed to. It's the mythic + dungeons that have me somewhat concerned, where no other healers can make up for the weaker single target healing discs have, which may force them to throw their entire atonement + dmg toolkit out the window to stop the tank from dying.

That is my only concern, not necessarily making them incapable of M+ dungeons, but it does look hellishly awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Half the people you see on these logs contain disc priests that use 18 2p/4p and demonic phylactery. Demonic phylactery especially breaks the spec completely because plea is almost free and you can spam it without worrying at all about the scaling mana cost based on number of atonements not to mention the tier set bonus almost doubles your healing generated by penance and atonement-penance.

I was in a raid with a disc priest that was just using his live toon with the items mentioned above and this is the result across both bosses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing
    Surely Demonic Phalactery doesn't scale up? At level 110 priests have 1100 K mana, so 0.36% of that would be 3.96 K. Demonic Phalactery reduces mana costs by about 0.55K, so that still leaves plea's mana cost at 3.41 K. Surely that isn't enough to warrant using DP at level 110? I certainly wouldn't call that 'almost free'... so then does DP scale based on total mana pool?

Now, the T18 2pc isn't too surprising given that it'll buff penance by 24%, but I am surprised to hear that the 4pc is being used. Is the 4pc the "Penance" healing that's showing up in the logs? Because I'd assume he isn't using The Penitent talent.

However I am certain both of these will be completely nerfed once blizzard catches on.

Now, looking at those logs I really don't know how much can really be concluded. The disc is sometimes performing almost as good as you, on fights less than 3 minutes long. Although his dps isn't anything to sneer at. From my log browsing of HFC I'm assuming this is the guy in your guild called "Flameqt" on live, and your guild is a pretty serious one considering Treckie is in it. So idk, what's your impression as a very high end raider, how would disc need to be performing in terms of its hps/dps split for you guys to consider it viable/not viable and balanced/op?

Deleted
    Surely Demonic Phalactery doesn't scale up? At level 110 priests have 1100 K mana, so 0.36% of that would be 3.96 K. Demonic Phalactery reduces mana costs by about 0.55K, so that still leaves plea's mana cost at 3.41 K. Surely that isn't enough to warrant using DP at level 110? I certainly wouldn't call that 'almost free'... so then does DP scale based on total mana pool?
    AFAIK Phylactery only scales up now because the mythic raid testing has your gear scaled up to ilvl 898, and it doesn't seem to care that you have T18 gear on. Noticed the same thing when looking for some Spriest logs, quite a few people had the old sets on and they just scaled up because of the raid buff.

Now, the T18 2pc isn't too surprising given that it'll buff penance by 24%, but I am surprised to hear that the 4pc is being used. Is the 4pc the "Penance" healing that's showing up in the logs? Because I'd assume he isn't using The Penitent talent.

However I am certain both of these will be completely nerfed once blizzard catches on.

Now, looking at those logs I really don't know how much can really be concluded. The disc is sometimes performing almost as good as you, on fights less than 3 minutes long. Although his dps isn't anything to sneer at. From my log browsing of HFC I'm assuming this is the guy in your guild called "Flameqt" on live, and your guild is a pretty serious one considering Treckie is in it. So idk, what's your impression as a very high end raider, how would disc need to be performing in terms of its hps/dps split for you guys to consider it viable/not viable and balanced/op?
    The penance healing you see in the logs that does ~9% of total healing is the 4p exclusively, she was using castigation for both bosses. Also all items scale up because of the scaling aura present on all raid tests, that means you can use whatever overpowered item from previous content that you can think of and it will be fully usable.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2016-06-29 at 05:39 AM.

There is no need for Blizzard to nerf those items. They are so good because in testing Blizzard simply scales all your gear up to the intended ilvl. If not for the artifacts I suspect you would see quite a few warglaives being used for example.

On live those items will not scale up and the ilvl difference will make them utter garbage.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Lvling Holy/Disc in Beta.
    Dmg seems not different at all.
    Testing dps at pvp Server.
    Disc NEED schism to do same Dps as Holy?!

My Plan for legion was going to pick Disc over Holy because I could Speed up Dungeon process with my additional Dps. But no. I can just stay Holy, have much greater heal Output and can Dps with same numbers. Yeah yeah. As Holy i can't heal and Dps at the same time but as Disc you can't Spam schism+ Pen +smite whole time either.. especially applying schism is Mana expensive and annoying. I dislike this Talent so much

Also many of you already confirmed Disc won't be as good as Holy in high m+ lvls, Disc also should not heal as much as other Healer in Raids(they are more Group heal and no Tank heal at all in Raids right?) But do a bit of damage. Well i don't think this bit of dmg is worse it. Like many other people im afraid of Disc don't finding its place in progress at all (

So I've spent some time looking into a possible BIS for Disc in the Prepatch, prioritising haste then crit:

Helm: Pious Cowl
    Neck: Choker of Forbidden Indulgence
    Shoulders: Pious Mantle
    Back: Cloak of Hideous Unity
    Chest: Pious Raiment
    Wrist: Powder-Singed Bracers
    Hands: Satin Gloves of Injustice
    Waist: Sludge-Soaked Waistband
    Legs: Pious Leggings
    Ring1: Legendary Ring
    Ring2: Seal of the Traitorous Councilor
    Trinket1: Demonic Phylactery
    Trinket2: Not sure about this one. Maybe Prophecy of Fear or Unblinking Gaze of Sethe if they can proc for Disc, otherwise Intuition's Gift or maybe Iron Reaver Piston?
    Weapon: Edict of Argus for max haste and slightly higher ilvl, or Voidcore Greatstaff for crit instead of mastery.

Thoughts?

So I've spent some time looking into a possible BIS for Disc in the Prepatch, prioritising haste then crit:

Helm: Pious Cowl
    Neck: Choker of Forbidden Indulgence
    Shoulders: Pious Mantle
    Back: Cloak of Hideous Unity
    Chest: Pious Raiment
    Wrist: Powder-Singed Bracers
    Hands: Satin Gloves of Injustice
    Waist: Sludge-Soaked Waistband
    Legs: Pious Leggings
    Ring1: Legendary Ring
    Ring2: Seal of the Traitorous Councilor
    Trinket1: Demonic Phylactery
    Trinket2: Not sure about this one. Maybe Prophecy of Fear or Unblinking Gaze of Sethe if they can proc for Disc, otherwise Intuition's Gift or maybe Iron Reaver Piston?
    Weapon: Edict of Argus for max haste and slightly higher ilvl, or Voidcore Greatstaff for crit instead of mastery.

Thoughts?
    Mastery is essentially a useless stat if you are planning on using said set to level. Just run anything that doesn't contain mastery around a similar ilvl.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future