Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Black Lives Matter withdraws from San Fran Gay Pride citing too much police presence.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html

As a proud white ally of the oppressed people of color I am not happy they will not be taking part in an event as important as the Gay Pride Parade in San Francisco.

How are those guys even still relevant?

They are nothing more but a joke at this point; tantrum throwing children all the way.

Worst case scenario, if there was a terrorist attack there at that parade, these people would then be complaining probably about the lack of a police presence and how they didn't do anything to help. BLM just wants to complain and wallow in misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I'd not feel safe around state legitimized murderers and rapists either.

Even if BLM are a bunch of dumbasses.
    BLM are not a bunch of dumbasses.

They are speaking up for the oppressed people of color who are terrified of being killed by the police. Just look at what happened to Michael Brown, an unfortunate day for him and his family. He had his hands up begging the officer "don't shoot". Don't you remember the slogan "Hands up, don't shoot"?

A very powerful and profound statement to make in a situation like that. Words that will echo through time. Michael Brown had to sacrifice his life for us to understand this.

is there prove that he said that?
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

They are speaking up for the oppressed people of color who are terrified of being killed by the police. Just look at what happened to Michael Brown, an unfortunate day for him and his family. He had his hands up begging the officer "don't shoot". Don't you remember the slogan "Hands up, don't shoot"?

A very powerful and profound statement to make in a situation like that. Words that will echo through time. Michael Brown had to sacrifice his life for us to understand this.
    BLM started as a noble movement, but they've been going about raising awareness on this important topic in the wrong way for too long now that no one takes them seriously. Trying to take over political events, never letting politicians speak their mind on this issue because they are too busy screaming over top of them, etc. I agree with a few other people in this thread that at this point BLM just likes to complain for the sake of complaining... a shame too, they had potential to help inspire real positive change.

Given the history of Police around the world recently they do have a legitimate concern, especially when you add in the real possibility of someone looking to stir trouble while piggy-backing BLM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    BLM started as a noble movement, but they've been going about raising awareness on this important topic in the wrong way for too long now that no one takes them seriously. Trying to take over political events, never letting politicians speak their mind on this issue because they are too busy screaming over top of them, etc. I agree with a few other people in this thread that at this point BLM just likes to complain for the sake of complaining... a shame too, they had potential to help inspire real positive change.
    /thread. I still believe in the initial message and the true intent of the movement. Too many idiots taking up the name and proclaiming themselves "leaders" of a nonexistant organization and ordering other gullible sobs to be idiots like them.

10+ Year Old Account

BLM are already widely regarded as pointless and hypocritical, the only thing about them that may echo throughout time is their place as the butt of jokes.

Oh you mean the criminal who was with another criminal that attempted to wrestle away a police officer's gun and when later confronted was attempting to engage the officer again? Hardly a poor innocent unarmed guy with his hands up.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosarecool View Post
    is there prove that he said that?
    You don't trust the word of the friend he had with him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I'd not feel safe around state legitimized murderers and rapists either.

Even if BLM are a bunch of dumbasses
    Stop watching the news.

For your mental health's sake.

The police are there for a fucking reason.

haha 0/10 too obvious

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't trust the word of the friend he had with him?
    So if a group of friends attack someone and they all plead to be innocent, blaming an outside (or a cop involved in the case, alternatively) that means we need to trust them because there's more of them than those who they claim did it? From what I can recall, he wasn't as innocent as the media claims.

(Oh and what about that little black girl who died in drive-by shooting around the same time? : ) I find it funny no one stood up for her.)

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

Hook, line and sinker...

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    haha 0/10 too obvious
    I give 7/10, I had to really ponder if he was serious or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I give 7/10, I had to really ponder if he was serious or not.
    With practice you too shall instantly sniff out the troll bait more quickly with time.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    With practice you too shall instantly sniff out the troll bait more quickly with time.
    The problem I keep having, Is you have people over in the Oregon woman shoots Bulgar case, arguing against the woman, So there are "those people" out there.