Deleted
    The biggest problem with R+L=J is that 99% of viewers don't get it, all they see is baby jon, his mother and ned stark, there's no connection made to who the father was, Rhaegar Targaryen...

Always Lyanna...

the "big reveal" hasn't happened yet for most viewers.

Holy Shock, what a finale!!!

KL - all fantastic, the sept blowing up, Marg being her usual smart self and figuring out something's not right (RIP Marge, we'll miss you ;_; ), the look on HS when he also figures it out moments before, CERSEI'S DRESS and CERSEI'S REVENGE, Mountain's gonna have some fun times ahead...

North - I do feel sorry for Mel, but she really got a good deal, wonder whom she runs into? Arya perhaps, as she might hear about the northern situation and head there? Jon and Sansa sharing some niceness was really good to see, especially as I don't like the look she had when he was proclaimed KINGINDANORF. i'm super surprised everyone just glossed over her tho =/ Lady Bear was the best part of north hihihi

Dany - surprisingly her scenes were quite good, I don't like the fact her fleet got the last scene position tho >_> Would've preferred for Cersei's coronation to be there. Olenna can make even Sand Snakes better, I hope she doesn't completely vanish from the show.

Frey Pies, woooo

Tower of Joy was so touching, I didn't expect it after disliking young Ned so much in the first scene xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    She will go to Queen's landing. It's only fitting. She's basically Aegon the conqueror 2.0 with his dragons taking over Westeros.
    Considering she brings a Dothraki Horde, 100 000 of them, same amount of horses, so I'm guessing the Storm Lands but that won't do because of all the storms along the coasts (that's how Robert's father died)...so she makes landfall in Dorne and don't stay very long, Danearys goes north and takes the home of the usurper, Storm's End, as her first seat of power. The Baratheons were given that land by the Targaryens, Robert betrayed them and now the place should go to someone else.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-06-27 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    The one major standout for me this finale was the soundtrack to the first KL part.

Not sure if its the first time they've used piano, but it certainly felt like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not sure why, since it's been said by other characters that Rhaegar Targaryen took her and raped her - specifically by Sansa to Little Finger.
    I know, but after 6 seasons, I doubt 99% of viewers remember that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    Soo, Where exactly is Dany going to land in Westeros? Surely not going for another Blackwater siege on KL, so somewhere south from KL and then make their way through land to KL?
    I dont think there will be a fight. Jamie will assassinate Cersei and surrender KL to Dany. The real question is how does Dany ally with Jon. I suspect Melissandre will have a role with that (she rode south presumably towards KL).

Meanwhile the wall will fall from Night King's assault. Then the real fight between the White Watchers Vs Dany + Jon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Olenna can't handle the bad poosy.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted

Deleted
    Seems kinda odd to me that viewers wouldn't remember it. I mean, it was nearly a 6 minute scene on the subject.
    Most won't remember some rape of some old relative to sansa that is long dead...with all the deaths left n right in this show.

I think we should have had Rhaegar appear in Brann's visions to make it obvious what was revealed today...

Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-06-27 at 05:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    Most won't remember some rape of some old relative to sansa that is long dead...with all the deaths left n right in this show.

I think we should have had Rhaegar appear in Brann's visions to make it obvious what was revealed today...
    A Brann's vision about the battle of the Trident would be lovely. I want to see Robert smashing Rhaegar with his hammer
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd kinda hope that 99% of the viewers can remember the event that kicked off Robert's Rebellion (the kidnapping and "rape" of Lyanna Stark by Rhaegar Targaryen.) I mean, it's some of the most important backstory to the show.

Rape in quotation marks because some say it was rape, others do not.
    Putin khuliyo

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a better question is; will Dany allow there to be a "King of the North"...

I'm not entirely convinced Jon and Dany will be allies at first, if at all.
    She seems inclined to grant independence with the caveat of particular concessions. We'll see where that leads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a better question is; will Dany allow there to be a "King of the North"...

I'm not entirely convinced Jon and Dany will be allies at first, if at all.
    She wont ally with him till the Night King invades. At that point, everything else is moot. This is where Melissandre will come in and remind her that her actual war is against the WW and not Jon.

Recall that Bran now knows the truth that Jon is a Targ. If Jon is AA, then he will die fighting the Night's King. And at that point, Dany can just install Sansa as Lady of Winterfell and have a strong allies in the North.

Recall in EP10, Dany says -- "In order to rule the 7 Kingdoms, I will need strong alliances". This is during her conversation with Dario. She has already allied with the Dorne, Olenna and the Greyjoy. That's 3 of the 7 Kingdoms. Allying with Starks isnt out of the question specially since the Starks are lead by a Targ.

Also, Tyrion has a soft spot for Jon - he will further help Jon's cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post

It cut straight from the baby's face to a close up of Jon Snow's. I will grant you that they should probably have a Lyanna-and-Rhaegar moment, but I think they were fairly clear about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    It cut straight from the baby's face to a close up of Jon Snow's. I will grant you that they should probably have a Lyanna-and-Rhaegar moment, but I think they were fairly clear about it.
    Clear to nerds like us, not to most people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Still prefer the Stark related themes :P

Deleted
    So, until we find out if Lyanna and Rhaegar were married, Jon Snow is now Jon Sand?

Yeah, the regular show watcher will know for sure that lyanna is the mother, but not who the father is. Even though you could imagine that when lyanna said "Protect him, Robert will want to kill him" (or something like that) that he has targaryen blood.
    A scene of lyanna and rhaegar showing their affection would have been awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Movie scripts really are not that long, a one hour show would take just a few hours to read. I am certain Martin reads every line right after it is written by D&D and probably approves their episode outline before they even start writing dialog.
    Also @Ouch @Lobosan This is a huge fucking stretch. There's not one iota of evidence this is true. In fact, what we do know is that GRRM hasn't written an episode in the past two seasons, and said after season 4 that he was quitting working on the show because it was taking away from his work on TWoW. That's in an actual interview. What you said is totally made up. Not coincidentally, there's been a marked decrease in quality in the writing since then. D&D have come out to say they had a weeklong pow-wow with GRRM before the season, but as usual I think they're exaggerating because they have only the roughest idea of which way the books are going.

I guarantee Coldhands is not Benjen in the books. Coldhands has been dead a century in the books. I guarantee Stannis isn't around for Shireen's burning, he's hundreds of miles away from both Melisandre and Shireen, and kind of stuck in a storm. To change these two things, in particular, would require retcons of things already written. I guarantee Doran doesn't die due to the Sand Snakes (who are still locked in a tower in the books) and he's the one greeting Dany at Sunspear with his daughter Arianne, who is now on his side. I guarantee Cersei is a much more multi-faceted character in the books, and if/when she blows up the Sept of Baelor, she'll actually have a psychotic break, not be some calm, calculating person.

What's disturbing to me, though, is show watchers insisting GRRM has his hand in everything the show does and book readers should just STFU, and they seem to take glee in this made up fact. There's no evidence of it whatsoever.