Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I find funny in all this, except those that do suffer from motion sickness and what not which is the only true and valid reason. Is the amount of rage going on about this I have not seen so much rage since the SELFIE Cam incident, the Real ID debacle or the no flying ever again furor or what ever else takes peoples fancy..

After seeing this happen I went into beta to see what all the hubbub is about and well from what I saw to me at least it is a non issue.. It makes you look around your environment and to see what danger is lurking around the corner even though you can still see quite a bit when zoomed out..

I mean when we are out in the real world and we want to cross a road we do not tunnel vision to the other side of the road we have to look both ways before crossing.. Or when you go down a street or alley at night you usually look around to make sure you are not about to get attacked.. In an ideal world we would either have a camera mounted on a drone to give us a better field of view, or even better just stay at home and grow fat while we have robots do everything for us..

But well if people are going to rage on something as minor as this well that is their problem, I have seen the change and as before I have no issue with it..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-06-27 at 05:46 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one will care in a week or two just like everything else that changes.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    No one will care in a week or two just like everything else that changes.
    Probably they will find something else to go all torch and pitchfork on, who knows the devs may just cave like a house of cards just like they have done so many times before..

I think it was stupid that you could zoom out that far to begin with, I think it's kind of stupid that you can zoom out that far to begin with even with the default UI.
    Neither should have been that way in the first place.

That being said, taking things away that have always been there is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I think it was stupid that you could zoom out that far to begin with, I think it's kind of stupid that you can zoom out that far to begin with even with the default UI.

What exactly is "stupid" about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post

I think we found the stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I don't get it either, but I can see it now..

Legion launches..

Blizz Guy 1 "Why are there only 5 people playing?"

Blizz Guy 2 "Oh you didn't know all the other subscribers left in a huff over the removal of that hidden camera command."

Blizz Guy 1 "You mean the /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor command?"

Blizz Guy 2 "Yeah that command."

Blizz Guy 1 "Wow really and I thought it was because we only gave them half an expansion."

Blizz Guy 2 "No it was only because of the /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor command."

Blizz Guy 1 "So what do we do now?"

Blizz Guy 2 "I guess we are going to have to break the bad news to the higher ups and shut down the servers and put all our efforts into Overwatch."

Blizz Guy 1 "I guess you are right well you go tell them while I shut down the servers such a shame but oh well here goes nothing 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 "Thank you for playing World of Warcraft but unfortunately due to lack of interest we are closing the game down, hope to see you in Overwatch."
    ooh look - fanboy humor.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Dont get your knickers in a twist kid, i use it personally because i like any advantage i can get.

Its hidden because options for it arent available in game, you need to actually search it up the net to know what it is to begin with, so yeah its hidden from most players.

geez do you even try to understand what you read or do you just shitpost automatically?

You didnt even address any of my points to prove them wrong, your post is worthless.
    Its not hidden at all, I suppose this thing called "addons" are also hidden powers since you have to look that up too? The irony of of someone talking random nonsense saying other people are "shitposting" when you are just blowing smoke yourself.

Also you had no points to address in your post since all of it was false. Its not a hidden power, it was designed by blizzard and implemented into the game by them on purpose therefore its supported. What other argument are you trying to make?

At least I understand(and it looks like 72.32% of MMO-C according to a poll of over 75k votes) know how to use a console command, and a general idea how addons work with WoW. If you have to google something, that doesn't make it a hidden power or special.. it makes you smarter for learning how to do something you didn't before. Just because someone didn't know how, doesn't make it special for knowing it in the first place.
    Last edited by xhisors; 2016-06-27 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Probably they will find something else to go all torch and pitchfork on, who knows the devs may just cave like a house of cards just like they have done so many times before..
    People that don't care and do not get sick can have the option to zoom in as much as they want, there is a 1st person view if you want to do that. What people are upset about is the not having a choice. This bothers me but what is worse is I have the added issue of getting sick. So just add it into game and give people the CHOICE to put the camera where they want for whatever reason. It is not really that hard. This is the first time I have ever gone on here to complain. I can't even post links yet because I haven't been on here enough. It is the first time something has been so bad I have to say something. And I am not raging I am begging them to bring it back so I can continue to play. There seems to be no other game out there that the camera can go out far enough yet that is an MMO. This was our only place to play, they are cutting out a chunk of the player base that was a captive audience. We had to play this until someone else designed a game with us in mind. Seems silly to drive away so many paying customers.

Deleted
    In all honesty, despite looking at some replies that made my anusbleed.
    I really miss this feature it greatly reduce the strain on my eyes and just make the game better for good desktop computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    In other words, it is unfair for those who are unable to use Google? /Facepalm
    Some people use Bing and are at a disadvantage.

As for the topic, it's QUITE fucking clear the people have spoken. They claim to listen to customer feedback. Well this proves the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    Except they didn't. Just one example of them saying flying wasn't gone for good. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...flying-in-wod/ From the WoD Beta, months before it came out, they were entertaining the idea of flying in a later patch. Of course, on typical Blizzard schedule, it was way later than that.
    Holy fucking shit you and the guy we're talking to are both in some kind of fucked up delusion land. THEY CAME OUT AND SAID IN A BLOG POST FLYING WOULDN'T BE RETURNING. I don't give a shit if they said prewod it might not come back they flat out announced it wouldn't be and THAT is when shit hit the fan and they caved a couple weeks later. Don't bother posting if your ignorant ass is too lazy to look shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daspels View Post
    "This is one of this changes that we realize will be intensely unpopular with the group of players"

Yet you still go forward with it? Even though there was no problem in the first place. Even though there is addons like weakauras roaming the raids... Either the wow developers doesnt play world of warcraft or there is a serious lack of common sense.
    I've seen comments about this actually, that they don't play. That ex employees have stated a lot of them sit at their desk at work hours playing other people's games. Like full on sitting there for hours playing stuff like Witcher 3. Would explain why content is so slow and why it seems they're out of touch with players.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twaster View Post
    ooh look - fanboy humor.
    lol Hardly but whatever floats your boat, and next time try to come up with something more original than the tired old 'fanboy' hate crap that you are spouting..

The poll shows almost 75% of the playerbase uses the zoom beyond the default ui ... because it's better, looks better, feels better, plays better, and you get better performance. Being close to your character is probably the worst thing in WoW. When i setup a new ptr character or something it's the literal FIRST thing i do, zoom out more. It's nauseating being so close.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post

As for the topic, it's QUITE fucking clear the people have spoken. They claim to listen to customer feedback. Well this proves the opposite.
    Well they changed their mind over the flying in WoD after there was enough of an uproar about it, and maybe they might do the same with the camera thing you never know..

There is a growing chorus of unhappiness on the official forums about it as it is with one thread at 41+ pages and another over 7 pages.. So like the WoD flying thing if enough people complain then Blizz might 180 their decision and put the camera setting back..

See unlike a lot of people on this forum I give a benefit of a doubt in that Blizz might see the error in their ways and put the setting back..

Heh, the only explanation people have for being against the command, is "that it's stupid being able to zoom out so far"...Like, what? At least Blizzard made some effort and cooked up some crap about how it gives people an "unfair advantage"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Why not have "/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4" build in the slider? Why limit down and not expand up?
    This is literally explained in the text. Did you even read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    within 2 weeks of the change no one will even notice it anymore so whats the point in getting so mad
    I can assure you people will notice it. Without a doubt a 3rd party 'hack' will exist to restore the camera to pre legion change.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Holy fucking shit you and the guy we're talking to are both in some kind of fucked up delusion land. THEY CAME OUT AND SAID IN A BLOG POST FLYING WOULDN'T BE RETURNING. I don't give a shit if they said prewod it might not come back they flat out announced it wouldn't be and THAT is when shit hit the fan and they caved a couple weeks later. Don't bother posting if your ignorant ass is too lazy to look shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen comments about this actually, that they don't play. That ex employees have stated a lot of them sit at their desk at work hours playing other people's games. Like full on sitting there for hours playing stuff like Witcher 3. Would explain why content is so slow and why it seems they're out of touch with players.
    The mmo-c are a small, mostly elite, whining part of the community. There are literally 500 copies of you on this site that will go against pretty much anything blizzard say with almost religious fanatism.

What people on mmo-c thinks is most definately NOT what the average wow player thinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I can assure you people will notice it. Without a doubt a 3rd party 'hack' will exist to restore the camera to pre legion change.
    I dont think you know how this works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike this change, as a (heroic casual) raider I hate not seeing the whole platform in which I fight, plus it makes me feel smaller in a grand world. Why fix what ain't broke?
    [/URL]

Deleted
    I stopped tanking cause it was basically battling against the terrible UI mechanics. This change makes it worse again.