Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I am inclined to agree. Sorry to say it, but the refugees will simply have to get over that nudity.
    The thing is, public nudity is frowned upon in Germany too, except for special places. So, even ignoring the fact that the place will have refugees living in it and not native Germans, this isn't a good idea for the two to coexist like that.

I just don't really understand why they chose such a location for the shelter. I think the rule should be "first come - first served". The lake was already established as a nudist zone. So regardless of what happens around, no one should be able to cancel the status-quo of the lake without the approval of people who already live there.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    So regardless of what happens around, no one should be able to cancel the status-quo of the lake without the approval of people who already live there.
    Well yeah, and that is the point: They shouldn't be forced to change what they are doing just because the feelings of some Muslims who came there later on could be hurt.
    If the nudist zone was there already, they should be able to keep doing what they did - and while it's definitely a really questionable decision to place the shelter there in the first place; if it's there, they will have to get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Being naked is too much of a taboo in North America so don't expect much sympathy from this side of the pond.
    However, we do advocate freedom. If the nudists were given their freedom to live as they wish, then I would side with them as their freedom is being negotiated.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    However, we do advocate freedom. If the nudists were given their freedom to live as they wish, then I would side with them as their freedom is being negotiated.
    Fourth dimensional beings are much more tolerant.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx420baby420xx View Post
    Pretty sure it's not as easy as you think it is to house 110 people
    At this point I'm convinced you're a troll, your comments make no sense otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Fourth dimensional beings are much more tolerant.
    <3 Well played

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, and that is the point: They shouldn't be forced to change what they are doing just because the feelings of some Muslims who came there later on could be hurt.
    If the nudist zone was there already, they should be able to keep doing what they did - and while it's definitely a really questionable decision to place the shelter there in the first place; if it's there, they will have to get over it.
    I agree with this. The new inhabitants are guests, and guests are expected to accept the already established rules or be free to walk away.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Why did you immediately take it to rape? I never said or had even thought of rape when I posted that. I mentioned offense, in which many foreigners would in fact be offended if they lived in a society that wasn't quite as open and then had to move in next to a group of nudists.

Again, I think this is largely the fault of whoever in the german government decided to put the refugees near the nudist lake, but if it really can't be avoided than I really don't think the solution is to be unbudgingly offensive to your new temporary neighbors.

Wow, you're pretty damn talented at breaking down an argument with a huge level of grey area into the most childishly simplistic concept you could manage.
    MMO-C, never change.

No, I'm not saying the nudists should change their lifestyle because of the refugees. I'm saying that the refugees are temporary, and in a situation where you have two cultures that aren't familiar with each other intermingling you shouldn't run up with your fleshy bits dangling. Even if they don't budge, at the very least they should have the sense of decency for the sake of another's cultural sensibilities to at least put their nudism on hold while they have guests. That's the emphasis I'm trying to make here: They are guests, not permanent residents.
    aside from wearing clothing what other things might offend these guests that the nudists should stop doing. at what point do you draw the line and why do you choose that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    What is the problem? You shouldn't walk around naked
    Why not?
    It is a perfectly legal thing to do in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Why not?
    It is a perfectly legal thing to do in Germany.
    It's likely legal to spit on the sidewalk too but you still shouldn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Good.
    Around here we had to stop walking around naked because they built a pre-school next to houses.

Oooooh wait, that aren't Muslims so it's not a problem then.
    they wouldnt build that preschool next to a designated existing nudist colony. ill as you the same things as others. What other things should we change as to not offend them? where do you draw the line and why?

Deleted
    Way too many people do that. Yuck. I am not saying that they shouldn't, but it tends to really gross me out.

No, that you can be fined for.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is an odd comparison. I've never heard someone say anything to anyone for spitting on the side walk.

Nudists are nothing new. They have been given their own private communities so those who don't like it, don't have to see it. They are 100% in their rights to practice their way of life. If you think they shouldn't do it for whatever reason is irrelevant as they were given direct permission.

Deleted
    I wish we didn't need refugees to force nudists to be clothed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too many people do that. Yuck. I am not saying that they shouldn't, but it tends to really gross me out.
    There is also a difference between spitting on a public sidewalk, and, say, spitting in a place specially designated for spitting.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    it's their nudist turf, they own the part of the beach they are bathing on. "Rule of the House" therefore; nothing to see for refugees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx420baby420xx View Post
    These people don't have homes and these nudists are worried about walking around naked??? WTF is wrong with people.
    Someone elses bigger problems dont trump your own smaller problems so whats your point?

Deleted
    Fuck muslims and fuck rapefugees.

Infracted- Contribute to the thread when responding
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-06-27 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There is also a difference between spitting on a public sidewalk, and, say, spitting in a place specially designated for spitting.
    Yeah, but like, a lot of times you have those people walking around or waiting at bus stops, and suddenly, they just spit on the ground. Ugh.