10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is blowing their load on how amazing those last episodes were, but to me that last season felt really rushed, filled with plotholes, wierd time jumps. It really "feels" badly written, or written worse than previous seasons, trying to mask script holes with cinematic effects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Everyone is blowing their load on how amazing those last episodes were, but to me that last season felt really rushed, filled with plotholes, wierd time jumps. It really "feels" badly written, or written worse than previous seasons, trying to mask script holes with cinematic effects.
    I would say that this last season has been the worst season overall of GoT.

The finale though was the best finale of GoT. Hands down.

Still think Blackwater, Hardholme and Battle for the Wall beats Battle for Winterfell/Mereen.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    So, until we find out if Lyanna and Rhaegar were married, Jon Snow is now Jon Sand?
    My memory is terrible but isn't the story that Ned put out that he was born down south anyways? So if the naming convention was of where you were born he'd be sand anyway? I assume it's based just where your noble parent lives, not where you're born. I'm assuming it'd go by the father so shouldn't he have whatever the King's Landing surname is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afreyd of what might be in my meat pie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Still prefer the Stark related themes :P
    Nah, I can't stop listening to that theme. It had me glued to the screen knowing it was building up to something terrible.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like to move things along they have adopted the time passage technique of Vikings where we just time skip from major event to major event w/out too much fuss over what happens between. Also wouldn't Jons parents being Lyanna + Rhaegar make him a Blackfyre?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

so since this season has come to an end how many more seasons can we expect ?
    mr pickles

I forgot, the library in Oldtown looked amazing. Was still disappointing to see Sam go there with the sword, especially since Randyll knows about it :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    So, until we find out if Lyanna and Rhaegar were married, Jon Snow is now Jon Sand?
    The King in the North Lord Commander Ser Jon Snow Stark Sand Targeryan
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    They will meet again, Gendry didn't die n Melisandre rezzed Jon, so Arya might not try to kill her, not sure she even could.

Still, seems Arya is still too cool for Winterfell n helping the other Starks up there...She cares more about avenging the dead than keeping the living alive...jon n sansa could use a ninja-assassin around..at least Brann is going home.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Varys's visit with Dorne and the final scene of the episode were weeks, if not months, apart, seeings as how the Targaryen fleet (oh fuck yeah I got to say "Targaryen fleet") contained Martell and Tyrell ships.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sadly the rest of the season was rather uninspiring.

But The Door, The Battle of the Bastards, and the Winds of Winter were superb. And the last one was, IMO, the best episode of the series, even better than Hardholm and the Rains of Castamere.
    The Door was only a good episode in its last 15 minutes, though.

And yeah the finale is the best episode of the series.

As for the time jumps - I don't really have a problem with time jumps in general. However, when you're presenting parallel stories, it breaks down if they're not all jumping the same amount of time. Someone mentioned the 1 episode it took to travel from Winterfell to KL, but that was fine because *everyone*'s story jumped forward in time. It helped there were very few plotlines at this point, though. In this episode:

...Sept blown up.
    1) Scene 1 at the Twins: Jaime is there, Arya is presumably there disguised as the serving girl.

......intervening time where news of the Sept explosion has reached Dorne, Varys has travelled to Dorne and back, the white ravens have left Oldtown and managed to make it to Winterfell...

2) Scene 2 at the Twins the following day ("Where are my sons, they were supposed to be here by midday), Jaime is already almost at KL, Arya has managed to cook two whole men in a pie, and kills Walder Frey.

Really, it's the scene at the Twins which throws off the time jumping thing, and makes it jarring, for example, to see Varys on a ship with Dany in the last scene.

I would have written that Arya scene totally differently. This took me less than 5 minutes of thought:

Scene:
    (Walder Frey is complaining about his sons not being there.)
    Arya Stark as Serving Girl: They're already here my Lord....
    WF: What, where?
    Back and forth about them being in the pie...AS, still as SG, grabs WF
    AS, still as SG: Have you ever heard the story of the Rat King, m'lord?
    WF:....what?!? Who sent you? Who would dare send you?!
    AS (ignoring him): ...he served his enemies their kin in a pie...it was an old wives' tale Old Nan used to tell us. Rickon was too young to understand, Bran loved the stories. Sansa was always too much of a lady, she would leave the room.....(Understanding appears on WF's face)....my brother Robb, he would always dismiss them immediately. He was so serious, so Lordly. I suppose that's why men pledged their lives to him, and declared him the King in the North. And he died, right here in this hall, along with my mother Catelyn, after you broke your oath and cursed yourself after breaking bread with him.
    WF (struggling): He mocked me by marrying that girl! Curses be damned, the Rat King, all of them, they're just legends. I took what was real, a truce with the Lannisters. Robb had it coming...(Arya peels off her face)..but how...how can you change your face?
    AS: I am Arya Stark, but I am also No One, and I serve the Many-Face God. I have traveled the world, and have seen the Hall of Faces. The legends, the old stories (Switch to voiceover, quick cuts of WWs/The Night's King, Dragons, Bran as the 3ER, maybe a shot of Melisandre meeting Beric or some other scene)...they're true. And now, winter has come, and it is too late for the likes of you, a crow squabbling for crumbs (cross cuts to LF, Sansa, Cersei). At least I'll have the satisfaction of watching you die, as you watched my brother, your king, die.
    Arya slits WF's throat.

It's rough, but the scene ties in the Frey pies to make more sense, and also ties up the moving forces as all the "players" of the game of thrones bicker among themselves. The weakest part is her trying to explain why she's both Arya Stark and a Faceless Man, but that's not my doing.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-06-27 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted
    all the blah blah about jon's parents

so next season we have Romance of 3 Kingdoms: Norf with north/riverlands/mountain people, Cersei Rock/KL/Barateon lands, Feminists Danny,Yara,Orleana,Bad Pussy, Theon Dorne/Tyrell + Slavers bay

Maybe danny will give a order to one of the dragons to burn jon at some point then she finds out hes targ, can imagine it now flames engulf him the dissipate and hes standing in the buff looking confused

Must have escaped me when that happened hmm my bad, what season was it?

ahh yeah lol, long time ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    While I'm happy Arya is back in Westeros and dishing out some old fashioned vengeance, what the fuck is up with the FM masks and magic. Did she steal that mask from them or can she make masks herself? Did she kill an innocent servant to get the face? Are the faces literally just skin you place over your own or is there magic fuckery at play? If so, how does Arya know how to make them? They never taught her how to create the faces or harvest them? So many inconsistencies with Arya ugh
    You are surprised by this in a show that a Priest can bring back his buddy from the dead (7?) times.

I am going to say magic fuckery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really have to wonder exactly how people in the universe will come to realize Jon is a Targaryen. Only Bran knows and I doubt people are going to be on board with believing this odd crippled kid who has seizures when he touches trees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    You are surprised by this in a show that a Priest can bring back his buddy from the dead (7?) times.

I am going to say magic fuckery.
    No I realize that, I've always assumed the FM masks were some sort of magic as seen with Jaqen and the Waif but Aryas methods seem more... physical? We also never got any scenes with training on how to exactly make the faces/harvest/use them as I assumed that was like end training for FM initiates but Arya never reaches that point. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it I just find it really inconsistent that Arya can use faces to the same effectiveness as Jaqen or that she would (presumably) kill an innocent servant to obtain one. But as someone else said, maybe the girl was already dead when Arya found her.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess that R+L=J theory turned out to be correct. Cool, but now I have to ask this. What happens with Jon now? With him being the King of North (that scene was so cool) what will happen if people find out that he's half Targaryen? People might question his legitimacy. Or will it even matter since he's still half Stark and he did fight his ass off to take back Winterfell? Probably won't matter. Another thing is that it looked like Lyanna whispered Jon's true name. Not Jon, it looked like a more Targaryen name when you read her lips. So could Jon have a true name?

Man this last episode was just so exciting.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Really have to wonder exactly how people in the universe will come to realize Jon is a Targaryen. Only Bran knows and I doubt people are going to be on board with believing this odd crippled kid who has seizures when he touches trees.

- - - Updated - - -

No I realize that, I've always assumed the FM masks were some sort of magic as seen with Jaqen and the Waif but Aryas methods seem more... physical? We also never got any scenes with training on how to exactly make the faces/harvest/use them as I assumed that was like end training for FM initiates but Arya never reaches that point. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it I just find it really inconsistent that Arya can use faces to the same effectiveness as Jaqen or that she would (presumably) kill an innocent servant to obtain one. But as someone else said, maybe the girl was already dead when Arya found her.
    Dany lights him up with her dragons and he's like...did someone turn the heat up? Where are my clothes? Maybe something like that. I can't imagine they are going to be on good terms at the start. Maybe that wouldn't work and he would just burn since he's half.