Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Damn, 2 notches down, from AAA, skip AA+, straight to AA. 1 step above Estonia, the same level as the Czech Republic.
    That's a few days work ... I think UK can sink lower.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Who does not want more expensive loans for ppl and the govenment ... that's the taste of freedom.
    I read here that having a weaker currency was actually good thing and having devalued stocks was even better. Brexit - crash the market so foreigners could buy off the companies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That far, huh? I wonder how much the Leavers are freaking out.
    Not much for many of them as they have no savings.

This guy here says brexit won't happen because US and Germany will do everything we can to stop it. Yeah, that will make us some friends...

https://governmentsandmarkets.com/wh...0fc#.7068nwu60

[IMG]https://cdn-images-2.medium.com/max/800/1*-9ji2Ijc1J4NxqBNupbe_A.png[/IMG]

Image from his site.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Not much for many of them as they have no savings.
    I forgot it was mainly working class people that voted to Leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    So ashamed to be a British Millennial.

They are making a mockery of the referendum, no respect for the result and bemoaning for a do-over. Yet less 36% turned out to vote, instead they Googled what the EU is the next day and signed a petition online I guess its easier to participate in a democracy if you don't need to leave home and can have Tumblr open in another tab.

This is not something that happens very often, despite the recent glut of 3 referendums in the last 5 years (if you include the Scottish Independence vote) the last one before that was in 1975. The will of the people has always been followed, breaking away from this sets a dangerous precedent for our entire system.

This vote has been a great for democracy, as well as a harsh lesson to the EU and the people of Britain. Listen to the people and speak up if you want to be heard.
    Firstly that was a sky poll and hasn't been confirmed by numbers.

Secondly, how the hell do you know who it is googling about the EU?

I feel sorry for all the students who were given a referendum smack bang in the middle of the most important part of the year, I know my cousin was too busy with exams to get involved, although he personally would have voted leave :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, the London Financial Sector looks well and truly fucked. I don't imagine it'll be long before Paris or Frankfurt take over.
    Britain will weasel themselves out of this one. The earlier election date (from November to Spetember) could indicate that. To me, September is too far away, for politicans, not so much. The Labour party is expected to axe Jeremy Corbyn tomorrow, so they need a new ringleader, who needs to be presented to the public as a person who could handle this mess. In basically NO TIME AT ALL.

The torys, whom do they have ? How can it be Boris Johnson, the coward who went into hiding for the whole weekend, the face of Brexit ? September is looming around the corner and - surprise surprise - Britain is not prepared, because - surprise surprise - british politicans on the 23.06. expected business as usual on monday the 27.06. and not the it-would-be-funny-if-it-didn't-hurt-so-bad mess, we're ALL in now. Okay, mostly Europe, some experts already said that US markets won't suffer long from the Brexit vote.

It would be reckless, self-destructive and completely incomprehensible if the Brits would let Brexit happen and that's the tragedy of the whole thing.

That the referendum was nothing but a very expensive and still costly absurdity exercise.

So ashamed to be a British Millennial.

They are making a mockery of the referendum, no respect for the result and bemoaning for a do-over. Yet less 36% turned out to vote,
    Actually there's no way of knowing that since no proper exit poll was done. Sky's was a projection and Ashcroft's wasn't designed to measure age turnout.

Deleted
    The hard part is who has enough balls to take us out the eu and convince everybody all will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    To be honest most of them probably voted - won the vote even though they don't know shit about it - went out got pissed spouting on about freedom and soverienty - are currently lying in a pool of their own puke and trying to remember why they got drunk in the first place.

Ohh England never change.
    I think after all of this Britons will learn a lesson that us Eastern Europeans have had to learn the hard way over many,many years - if someone is trying to play to your nationalist feelings ignore them immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You totally right I was jumping to conclusions. I mean it was probably the most computer illiterate generation doing all the searching after they decided to leave. Damn you Boomers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    The hard part is who has enough balls to take us out the eu and convince everybody all will be fine
    The answer to this is no one since no one at the top was actually in favor of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That far, huh? I wonder how much the Leavers are freaking out.
    Not at all I'd imagine. It's fine koolaid, I'm half tempted to get in on it myself, reality isn't going to be bringing any pleasure for quite some time.

You totally right I was jumping to conclusions. I mean it was probably the most computer illiterate generation doing all the searching after they decided to leave. Damn you Boomers!
    That's us millenials.

Well, I was tempted to google it to check where all this misinformation is coming from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    I think after all of this Britons will learn a lesson that us Eastern Europeans have had to learn the hard way over many,many years - if someone is trying to play to your nationalist feelings ignore them immediately.
    Well said.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    I read here that having a weaker currency was actually good thing and having devalued stocks was even better. Brexit - crash the market so foreigners could buy off the companies
    Ppl mix things up. Having control over your own currency have benefits ... as well as weaknesses. If it is shared currency, it's hard to manipulate it by external forces and it's more stable for businesses. If it is state controlled, it's posslible for the country to control it to its benefit when things go wrong.

It's not a black and white matter either way. Blatantly stating that weaker currency is better is stupid, so is thinking euro is best for everyone.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realise that the biggest spikes were in Scotland and Northern Ireland right?

Most polls suggest baby boomers have at least a 75% literacy rate too. Stereotyping and conclusion jumping.

I feel sorry for all the students who were given a referendum smack bang in the middle of the most important part of the year, I know my cousin was too busy with exams to get involved, although he personally would have voted leave :P.
    There is no excuse for not voting. You could even vote by post, I haven't been registered to vote for a decade and getting signed up took me approximately 2 mins. If you didn't vote there isn't any excuse in the world for it......unless you were in a coma for the past 2 months, then you can have a pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This guy here says brexit won't happen because US and Germany will do everything we can to stop it. Yeah, that will make us some friends...

https://governmentsandmarkets.com/wh...0fc#.7068nwu60

[IMG]https://cdn-images-2.medium.com/max/800/1*-9ji2Ijc1J4NxqBNupbe_A.png[/IMG]

Image from his site.
    I think he's spot on.

Nothing starts until Article 50 is activated by the British government. Is a new PM really going to do that in September? Inaugurate what they hope will be a long tenure by starting an economic melt down in the UK that will see markets fall, again, the country slide into recession, and likely more credit downgrades? I seriously doubt it.

Referendums don't always get it right. California passed Proposition 22 in 2000 that restricted gay marriage for 8 years. Heck half of California's, one of the world's largest economies, government funding problems comes from a 1970s era property taxes referendum result.

The US and Germany should strangle the Brexit notion in it's crib. It's pushers had no plan. The consequences are just starting to come into focus. For somethat that isn't legally binding, let's call it a European wake up call and forget it ever happened.