Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love the current meta build that I have been pulling really good numbers with.
    Fel Mastery
    Prepared
    Felblade
    Soul Rending
    Momentum
    Demon Reborn
    Demonic
    I have been pulling the best numbers in all situations in PVE and it is really fast paced. Combining vengeful retreat + felblade and fel rush + felblade on top of your cds constantly being reset with eye beam or the felblade reset from demon's bite. Overall loving the flow of the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...in this week's edition of, "Are the Devs Even Fucking Playing This Game?"
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

What's the momentum build? I have been using chaos blade just to make lvling easier with 2 mobs. Thanks!

The build I just posted.
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

The Momentum build killed the class for me, and I will not play one on live until it is nerfed into uselessness, or removed. Gimmicky animation canceling is not my idea of "fun".

And from a PvP point of view, having no root break, and no baseline snare (besides Vengeful Retreat..) is a real piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    The Momentum build killed the class for me, and I will not play one on live until it is nerfed into uselessness, or removed. Gimmicky animation canceling is not my idea of "fun".

And from a PvP point of view, having no root break, and no baseline snare (besides Vengeful Retreat..) is a real piss off.
    Animation cancelling has been systematically removed and isn't required for the spec, nor is momentum the only build.

There are a few "viable" builds currently with different talent combos and artifact combos, try a few different ones and look for synergy throughout the class, momentum build isn't the only answer but works for some people.
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    VR>EB>FR- Spam Annihilation
    VR>Fel Blade - Spam Chaos Strike
    FR - Fel Blade - Spam Chaos Strike

It makes sense in the idea of you flying up and swooping down onto your target for a burst of damage.

Add felblade and it's 3 buttons, use demon blades and you're back to 2. But thinking that "only 2 buttons" makes it a weak rotation is silly and really only mentioned by anyone that hasn't actually played it.

Nemesis/Demon Reborn/Chaos Blades is a "simpler" way to play. The majority of your time you will indeed be using demon's bite, chaos strike and felbade. Then every 2 minutes you'll pool energy and dump massive damage with chaos blades. This isn't much different than several classes that have been pruned in Legion.

I'd say it might be better to hold off judgement until you've played it in Beta.

1. No it doesn't makes sense for me to run away and charge back in, sry, but I don't think that you can change my opinion with this.

2. Even if I'm adding Felblade there are 3 Buttons to press, but only 1 thing to track and thats: Fury - Lame! If you think thats "fun", then you maybe a casual or just to weak to play some "interesting" rotations.

3. " The majority of your time you will indeed be using demon's bite, chaos strike and felbade." - Nice Rotation, sounds funny, 3 buttons instead of 2, that changes EVERYTHING!

4. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. Maybe you're just want to give your opinion a better standing if you slander me, but theres just 1 problem at this:
    https://gyazo.com/f2517690e2b1eccd48e136523b4bdeab

Maybe you should give it a try by "explaining" yourself not to by slandering me, srsly. I've kinda like no problem with your opinion, but why are you slandering me? Just why? I asked for some discussions and you did that. I don't understand that srsly.

CD's are part of the rotation but used every 2 - 5 minutes, that's not something I want to count as a button in rotational gameplay. I'm glad too see that one of the last Beta builds fixed the 2 button problem because Blade Dance got's buffed and is now worth to use in the rotation, but I'm not happy with this, even if there are 3 main buttons, you don't mind the usage, use it on cooldown, don't track anything, everything is fine. For me there are much things that are missing and the Demon Hunter isn't that much of fun, as some other guys think, but thats okay. Someone needs to have fun with this class because we'll need them in the expansion hopefully.

I'm out. Just don't want to stick that much nerves into this, we'll see if it's fun for the most of the players in release and that's it. Have a nice week everyone.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jenox View Post
    1. No it doesn't makes sense for me to run away and charge back in, sry, but I don't think that you can change my opinion with this.

2. Even if I'm adding Felblade there are 3 Buttons to press, but only 1 thing to track and thats: Fury - Lame! If you think thats "fun", then you maybe a casual or just to weak to play some "interesting" rotations.

3. " The majority of your time you will indeed be using demon's bite, chaos strike and felbade." - Nice Rotation, sounds funny, 3 buttons instead of 2, that changes EVERYTHING!

4. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. Maybe you're just want to give your opinion a better standing if you slander me, but theres just 1 problem at this:

Maybe you should give it a try by "explaining" yourself not to by slandering me, srsly. I've kinda like no problem with your opinion, but why are you slandering me? Just why? I asked for some discussions and you did that. I don't understand that srsly.

CD's are part of the rotation but used every 2 - 5 minutes, that's not something I want to count as a button in rotational gameplay. I'm glad too see that one of the last Beta builds fixed the 2 button problem because Blade Dance got's buffed and is now worth to use in the rotation, but I'm not happy with this, even if there are 3 main buttons, you don't mind the usage, use it on cooldown, don't track anything, everything is fine. For me there are much things that are missing and the Demon Hunter isn't that much of fun, as some other guys think, but thats okay. Someone needs to have fun with this class because we'll need them in the expansion hopefully.

I'm out. Just don't want to stick that much nerves into this, we'll see if it's fun for the most of the players in release and that's it. Have a nice week everyone.
    It seems you completely disregarded several posts in order to maintain your opinion. There are 3 other abilities that can be added into the rotation that are not fel rush or vengeful retreat. Please read thoroughly before posting. That's a general rule for all forums.

If you don't like it just don't play it. There's nothing more to say.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

1 - That's fine and is a legit gripe. If you don't like that visual and style and think it doesn't make sense, that is your prerogative. Other's like it. Choice is good.

2 - If you boil down every spec to it's main abilities you will only have 2-3 buttons, especially for single target rotations. You are ignoring CDs, interrupts, AoE, etc etc. Also, I've played Rogue combat/subt and assassination, Enh Shaman, Ret Paladin on and off since WotLK, Frost DK and dabbled a little with Feral Druid. I know the difference between "interesting" rotations and easy. In reality, there's little anymore that's all that difficult when DoT clipping, proc fishing, and such are mostly gone.

3. Again, see above. Most every class and spec in Legion is reduced to 2-3 main abilities with numerous CDs. This isn't just a DH only problem. Is it a less complex rotation than Momentum/CB/Nemesis? Absolutely, not one is arguing that.

4. You have me confused with someone else. Never did I once slander or demean. So you have a DH leveled to 110 on Beta. That's good.

It is good discussion, but I think you are taking some things personally. If you want a more complex rotation, go Momentum. That' the bottom the line. I'm sorry you think the premise of it doesn't make sense, there is nothing anyone can do to change it. The animation cancelling is gone and FB will be the primary way to get back to your target.

I think you have a very large misunderstanding of what slander is, he disagree'd with your opinion and gave his own with accompanying counter points, not once where you slandered at all.
    As for the point in hand, if you don't like the thematic behind momentum (the idea is your retreating to gather strength to go back in stronger than before if that helps) then yes that spec is going to be "boring" to you, however it does meet the criteria that your trying to put forward as interesting, with a semi complex rotation, careful positioning, mechanical usage, buff tracking and a good knowledge of cooldowns and the actually fight itself to perform optimally.
    As for other talent routes being simple and easy, almost every class is getting "dumb'd down" and easy in Legion, not just DH, a lot of classes (not all though) maintain a 2 - 4 button rotation with a CD every few minutes with very little in the way of diversity for single target so if you don't like it on DH then you're gunna have trouble elsewhere.
    Last edited by Zeeket; 2016-06-27 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    I think you have a very large misunderstanding of what slander is, he disagree'd with your opinion and gave his own with accompanying counter points, not once where you slandered at all.
    As for the point in hand, if you don't like the thematic behind momentum (the idea is your retreating to gather strength to go back in stronger than before if that helps) then yes that spec is going to be "boring" to you, however it does meet the criteria that your trying to put forward as interesting, with a semi complex rotation, careful positioning, mechanical usage, buff tracking and a good knowledge of cooldowns and the actually fight itself to perform optimally.
    As for other talent routes being simple and easy, almost every class is getting "dumb'd down" and easy in Legion, not just DH, a lot of classes (not all though) maintain a 2 - 4 button rotation with a CD every few minutes with very little in the way of diversity for single target so if you don't like it on DH then you're gunna have trouble elsewhere.
    I think of the momentum build as exploding with chaotic energy that you harness to leap away and then come rushing back into the enemy for another burst of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by frankyv View Post
    I think of the momentum build as exploding with chaotic energy that you harness to leap away and then come rushing back into the enemy for another burst of damage.
    each to their own i guess its open to multiple interpretations, i just chose the one that makes sense in my head

1 there are other talent choices for you to adjust your gameplay, won't be best but will work to some extent
    2 no you have to track your buffs, cds, making sure you are pumping out as much damage as possible while also paying attention to mechanics
    3 the DH is built on the DB CS spam with everything else adding flavor
    4 wrong use of slander
    Keeping track of your buffs, timers, mechanics, and blade dance is not as good as you think if you really believe it has a place in single target without talent you're wrong. Don't spread misinformation please.
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaping away only to propel one's self back into combat is a pretty standard trope of agile, skillful fantasy fighting, notably in martial arts movies.

It may not be your cup of tea, but it's hardly broken or silly. It's just an aesthetic. Not every class/spec's aesthetic will appeal to a person.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I've actually starting covering the Demon Hunter both in Havoc and Vengeance.

I've got a couple of videos in which I did Havoc in LFR and Vengeance in a few dungeons.

They're immensely fun tank and are a great addition to Melee DPS.

Havoc

https://youtu.be/uOu9FA3CG_0

Vengeance

https://youtu.be/_DsKOlgA91g

Vengeance is melee + fire, I could not ask for anything more awesome. The rotation is a bit on the more basic side but it has surprisingly a lot of utility except that the only real tank CD is metamorphoses. All in all its pretty amazing and they did a really good job with the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Vengeance is melee + fire, I could not ask for anything more awesome. The rotation is a bit on the more basic side but it has surprisingly a lot of utility except that the only real tank CD is metamorphoses. All in all its pretty amazing and they did a really good job with the design.
    The Vengeance DH is the one tank that makes you forget you're tanking. It's friggin' amazing. The AoE threat, the tools, the amazing looking abilities. I've been Prot Warrior from 2008-2014, and my Warrior is officially retired.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    The Vengeance DH is the one tank that makes you forget you're tanking. It's friggin' amazing. The AoE threat, the tools, the amazing looking abilities. I've been Prot Warrior from 2008-2014, and my Warrior is officially retired.
    Ya I will be playing Blood DK and Vengeance DH. I have chosen! Oh the new change to Soul Cleave is pretty good, uses 30-60 pain increasing its damage based on the amount used, it was a very nice little dump for those back to back blade turning procs.

Deleted
    Well could say that Havoc became not that interesting when nerfbats start to hit around
    now i mostly use button number one and time to time 2 and 3
    Vengeance is so much different there is so much buttons to use i still have no idea what half of them doing