Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    There never really was. Honestly.

"Oh, it's okay. No harm will come to the law abiding gun owners, until we decide to just get rid of guns and lookie here... we have their addresses and family information right here when we need it."

I am all for responsible gun control, but all it takes is one nutjob to push beyond the "honest intentions" of something like this to cause a military-like situation where civilians begin getting apprehended if they don't turn over their weapons. It has happened before in history... in a rather infamous country during the mid-earlier 1900s... *sips tea*

Slippery slope argument. Bullcrap. *sips tea*

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    most of the time even knowing who own the car is useless, sisters car was hit and run, but unless you can prove who was driving they don't do squat either.
    That depends on the jurisdiction (I believe traffic laws are state by state in the US).

So for example, in my jurisdiction, the registered car owner assumes full responsibility of the vehicle whether they were driving or not.

The only exemptions are:
    1. If they reported the vehicle as stolen before hand.
    2. The driver of the car (if you lent it out) admits, or you can provide proof they were driving.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Slippery slope argument. Bullcrap. *sips tea*
    Call it whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that it has happened several times before in human history, to great effect I might add.

Slippery slope is still a tripping hazard, whether you choose to believe or not. Besides, please don't drink my Earl Grey, have some Chamomile instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You really think mass gun confiscation will ever get past the senate and house?
    Shhhhh, don't remind people that there are checks and balances built into the US government specifically to prevent this kind of extreme behavior. You'll spoil the fear mongering!

Call it whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that it has happened several times before in human history, to great effect I might add.
    "Here's some historical evidence of this happening in totally unrelated circumstances that are in no way, shape, or form relevant to the current system of government and history of the United States."

That's not a very good argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, please don't drink my Earl Grey, have some Chamomile instead.
    do you have any sweet tea? It's a texas thang

7+ Year Old Account

Slippery slope is still a tripping hazard, whether you choose to believe or not. Besides, please don't drink my Earl Grey, have some Chamomile instead.
    And there were times when EVERYBODY had and needed to have weapons with no regulation whatsoever. Those times weren't that great either. *Drinks Coke instead*

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Kind of hard to argue with someone who believes their own lie.
    It's also hard to argue with someone so delusional they actually believe the government is out to get them and their precious guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You really think mass gun confiscation will ever get past the senate and house?
    Probably not, but between executive orders and potential state-level things... you'd be surprised what actually does get through the wood work. If things that happen in a city level are possible on a state or federal level, then you can best believe people can pull things off if they find a means to do so. Speaking of which... I am sitting back watching a political scandal play out in the county that I used to live in (that some of my family still does). Paying contractors without an invoice, second anyone says anything about "hey we need an invoice to pay you" and it becomes "X Elected person refuses to pay vendors for their work and is causing their families to starve"... Good stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    do you have any sweet tea? It's a texas thang
    Hi Dugraka, and yes there is some sweet tea in the fridge. Good stuff.
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    The firearm registration list (by itself) is not. I have continued to try and redirect your stupid ass back to the OP (original post) which describes a scenario in Hawaii, where that list is now being taken and combined with a list of known criminals to create a separate list. That list inevitably puts law abiding citizens under more scrutiny (as much scrutiny as would be applied to a CRIMINAL) simply because they own a firearm.
    Oh my, firearm owners being put on the same list as school teachers and day car workers?!

And there were times when EVERYBODY had and needed to have weapons with no regulation whatsoever. Those times weren't that great either. *Drinks Coke instead*
    Coke will kill ya :P, but its true, those times weren't great either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shhhhh, don't remind people that there are checks and balances built into the US government specifically to prevent this kind of extreme behavior. You'll spoil the fear mongering!

"Here's some historical evidence of this happening in totally unrelated circumstances that are in no way, shape, or form relevant to the current system of government and history of the United States."

That's not a very good argument.
    Sure it is... haven't you noticed the growing trends of the socially disfunctional members of our society trying to turn us back into the 1940s European age?

Replaces Jews with Muslims, Replace Dissenters with the Gun Owners (Both the paranoid and normal), and toss in a few political speeches and rabble rabble, and you'd be surprised how many people lose their shit. Its why the Democrats and Republicans still hold so much damn power, and their more extreme fringes slowly unravel the whole damn place by pissing on the floor until it falls apart like drenched toilet paper. Between the Anti-Gun Nutjobs and the "But they are all terrurists?!" group, I don't really know which is worse...

Government confiscation aside, just a quick google search on Government data breaches alone should be enough to know it's not info you want the government to safeguard, might as well put a sign in your front yard of what you own for thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    What's the reason exactly?
    That he can't go there without his penis enlarger. IE his gun.

Government confiscation aside, just a quick google search on Government data breaches alone should be enough to know it's not info you want the government to safeguard, might as well put a sign in your front yard of what you own for thieves.
    Because a criminal tracking down and purchasing this information so that they can then spend the time finding gun owners near them to steal their guns, and risk being shot in the process, is cheaper and easier than the criminal just purchasing a gun off the internet or from a pawn shop.

Right?

Because a criminal tracking down and purchasing this information so that they can then spend the time finding gun owners near them to steal their guns, and risk being shot in the process, is cheaper and easier than the criminal just purchasing a gun off the internet or from a pawn shop.

Right?
    like it or not, it not info a lot of people want out there, and people steal stuff all the time knowing they risk getting shot, does not seem to stop them, and once it's out there it's going to be free for everyone sooner or later. (even at a pawn shop it should be going though a background check) and don't believe the silly buy a gun from the internet, all internet sellers are required to go though a registered sales process, unless you're talking about two dudes meeting up in the same state (across state lines are required to go though a registered seller) where as that's probably a stolen gun and where do you think they stole it from a gun owner.

7+ Year Old Account
    like it or not, it not info a lot of people want out there, and people steal stuff all the time knowing they risk getting shot, does not seem to stop them, and once it's out there it's going to be free for everyone sooner or later. (even at a pawn shop it should be going though a background check) and don't believe the silly buy a gun from the internet, all internet sellers are required to go though a registered sales process, unless you're talking about two dudes meeting up in the same state (across state lines are required to go though a registered seller) where as that's probably a stolen gun and where do you think they stole it from a gun owner.

That's odd...... I thought one of the arguments for deregulaton was that criminals wouldn't know who is armed and who isn't, thus less likely to attack. (Think of all the TOLDJASO's at gun free zones)

I guess that argument is bunk then.

Right?
    Uninformed ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    It is not a criminal database, you have nothing to worry about if you dont do crimes, but if you are getting yourself arrested well the authorities will now finally get a message about that and can take the guns away from folks that really shouldnt have them in the first place, you know criminals that gets arrested etc.
    As soon as criminals aren't able to legally obtain firearms, we're going to have the ACLU and NAACP in the courts fighting against them as prejudiced against minorities. Let's make harsher punishments for illegally purchasing a gun. How about life in prison, that should clean up the minority communities quickly.

Pfft, what's the fun in being crazy when you can't own a gun amirite or am I right?
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

That's odd...... I thought one of the arguments for deregulaton was that criminals wouldn't know who is armed and who isn't, thus less likely to attack. (Think of all the TOLDJASO's at gun free zones)

I guess that argument is bunk then.
    This (partly) argument is not letting them know who's house to break into when they are not home for a known payday, best to keep them guessing and work for it.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-06-27 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think everyone should be posted with a profile and a test shot of their firearm, as well as the details.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..