Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    May of saved you 250$, but it costs someone else 320$ since tokens are higher than active subscription. So in the end Blizzard wins.
    I see people make this point all the time and my usual reaction is "Well, so what?". If someone is happy buying gold and enjoys the game more for doing so, who the hell are you to tell them they are wrong? Pathetic argument, really.

I don't have an exact number without looking it up but I subscribed with tokens for right about a year and then unsubscribed until legion. I have plenty of gold left to do more when I come back. I have a reasonable expectation that Legion will be pretty much a B2P affair for me.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Nothing... i can't make enough money to buy tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Blizzard gets their cut, I saved a bunch of money, some other poor sap spent a bunch of money on meaningless gold.
    The person who bought the gold looks at it different - they spend peanuts buying a token for IRL money, while you have to spend hours of your (finite) life farming that gold for them.

I saved about 6 months of sub fees & didn't spend any gold. Cancelled when I moved last August & didn't bother resubbing for awhile. Frankly didn't feel like I missed out on anything but some free gold from my garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    You guys don't realize that if you're buying/selling tokens, you're giving bli$$ even MORE money...
    Someone else is giving Blizzard the money by buying the gold. I'm not giving them anything by buying tokens.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking account that I pay WoW subscription with my currency I would say that I saved maybe 20 or 30 bucks. (it costs $4 here suckas!)
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Krekal View Post

I don't mind paying the subscription. It's not a whole lot of money, especially when put into the equation of how much I enjoy the game
    Yeah, I don't mind the subscrition fees so much either. When I was a starving college student, $15 a month was 2 quarters a day into a video game. So Wow is a much better value than that.
    Still, I'm buying the subs with gold since what the hell else am I going to do with all that gold?

I found the silver lining with WoD.

By spending 10 minutes a day doing garrisons, I've made enough gold to pay for about 16 months of game time.

WoD actually saved me about $250 in sub fees.

In a cost to fun ratio, this makes WoD the best expansion ever. If I subtract the cost of buying WoD, I am still $200 ahead.
    You made 750,000 gold from Garrisons in a combined 10 minutes across all your chars (not 10 minutes each)? How many 100s do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    The person who bought the gold looks at it different - they spend peanuts buying a token for IRL money, while you have to spend hours of your (finite) life farming that gold for them.
    It's a win-win-win for everyone. WoD was the only expansion where you could literally spend 10 minutes a day and buy enough gold to essentially pay for your sub for as long as you wanted. Being I was going to be playing in legion already, it has basically saved me a couple hundred dollars. I didn't spend any RL money to farm it either. It was all on token time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    You made 750,000 gold from Garrisons in a combined 10 minutes across all your chars (not 10 minutes each)? How many 100s do you have?
    11 100's. 8 with full treasure followers. The other 3 just do Kazzak every week.

I'm averaging 250k/mo. I only do missions that give gold or anything of value. Xp potions, honor tokens, the big follower upgrade all sell nicely. It takes 10 minutes to do the 8 main toons garrison and shipyards. Once a week I do all 11 toons through Kazzak and that takes the most time, maybe 2 hours for 10-15k worth of fels. Sell all the earth/fire/water/wind things I don't use. I also have about 70 30slot bags set to sell when the rerollers get excited at prepatch.

In 3 months I've made about 800k just doing garrisons. That's not counting the stuff I am sitting on to sell at launch.
    Last edited by Lightwysh; 2016-06-27 at 08:39 PM.

Nothing. But more power to the people that essentially play free due to the token system. I just pay the sub fees and I'm perfectly ok with that...thankfully I make a decent living at least enough that close to $80 every six months really doesn't register for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    Nothing. But more power to the people that essentially play free due to the token system. I just pay the sub fees and I'm perfectly ok with that...thankfully I make a decent living at least enough that close to $80 every six months really doesn't register for me.
    It's not that I can't afford it, I've paid since launch without thinking about cost. It's more fun to save money though. It's almost become a mini game to me. See how much gold I can make in as little time as possible. Plus when you sit back and say"I saved a couple hundred dollars by switching to tokens" it just feels good.

It's not that I can't afford it, I've paid since launch without thinking about cost. It's more fun to save money though. It's almost become a mini game to me. See how much gold I can make in as little time as possible. Plus when you sit back and say"I saved a couple hundred dollars by switching to tokens" it just feels good.
    That's cool I didn't critique or intend my comment to be taken as sarcasm I'm sincere...more power to people that play for free with tokens.

I don't save sub fees with this game but I'm paying down other debt so in 2 months I'll be freeing up $600 / month...and I'm sure that will feel good like how you feel with the tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    That's cool I didn't critique or intend my comment to be taken as sarcasm I'm sincere...more power to people that play for free with tokens.

I don't save sub fees with this game but I'm paying down other debt so in 2 months I'll be freeing up $600 / month...and I'm sure that will feel good like how you feel with the tokens.
    Ugh debt... Grats on getting it done. I put about $4k on my credit line over the last 6 months. I'm paying over $400/mo to get it back to $0. Feels good watching those balances drop away and credit scores go up though.

Been subbed with tokens since the day they first appeared, and have 10 months of payed time ahead, plus I am buying two tokens every month. Count yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    May of saved you 250$, but it costs someone else 320$ since tokens are higher than active subscription. So in the end Blizzard wins.
    So? Is Blizzard supposed to be a charity nonprofit organization suddenly or what? Like I care about random people wasting their money, pfft.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Saved me a lot of money when I unsubscribed due to how utterly abysmal the endgame was.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflare View Post
    over 200€. by not playing for over a year because wod doesnt have any content i could play even if i wanted to.
    You last collected something on the character in your signature on the 26th of January, so 6 months almost to the day.

Did you forget that was in there?

I've not paid for subscription fees since the WoW Token was introduced... making WoW pretty much F2P, or B2P rather, for me at this point. Whenever that was till now, I've saved that much.

I got a character on some dead end realm that strictly generates around 300k per month, Garrison + AH'ing, that I use to fund towards WoW Tokens.

Deleted
    Blizzard gets their cut, I saved a bunch of money, some other poor sap spent a bunch of money on meaningless gold.
    Quite the opposite, the buyer does not necessarily earn more but either way working in a game doing some stupid grind to afford to play it doesn't raise you above a poor sap status.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    You guys don't realize that if you're buying/selling tokens, you're giving bli$$ even MORE money...
    Someone else is giving them more money. Only money I have given them is $50 for Legion and $25 to move my warlock *That I haven't played since wrath* to my current server.

Ontopic: Saved me about $240 give or take since I have been subbed since tokens came out and my sub doesn't end until Oct.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Having been subbed for 4-6 months of the xpac, with 3 of those months being due to a pseudo-refund for account services (I had transferred a full 11 toons only to have the server transfer price be reduced a couple days later, so I was credited with the difference in form of 3 months of subscription). So while I did waste a shitload of money with those transfers, I saved just about that much by not playing for majority of WoD.