15+ Year Old Account

Solo'ing in Legion

I don't have access to beta and was curious how solo'ing is now that MD glyph is gone?

1 MD every 30 seconds sounds like it's going to slow us down quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted
    No glyph for mend pet too, so it's down to 25% heal over 10 seconds. I think our soloing took a bit of a hit. Pet aggro seems fine though.

Deleted
    Lone Wolf and Black Arrow works a treat.
    Someone recommended it to me and it improved MM for me. (no idea if you are talking a specific spec or not)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    I don't have access to beta and was curious how solo'ing is now that MD glyph is gone?

That's not all that will make soloing more difficult than other xpacs.
    Pets more squishy, pathing issues, pet healing is half as effective as previously as it currently stands, Adaption goneskies, which means giving up some dps to maintain survivability, pet ai is bad currently...that's just some things to ponder.
    Let's hope they address it but i fear with a few weeks out from pre patch it's a little too late.
    Pet ai and specifically pathing will probably be addressed, the other issues, doubt it.

That's BM Spec.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

I'm not having much trouble as BM. You have 2 pets at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post

It depends on what sort of content you are trying to solo. If you are talking about leveling and questing, you won't have too much trouble doing either of those in BM or MM assuming you pick appropriate talents. As another poster mentioned our BM solo capabilities in terms of healing and pet healing are a shadow of their former self due to the new version of spirit bond being a poor substitute for a heal, new misdirection being not as adequate for threat when there are lots of adds on top of poor AI issues and a laundry list of QoL nerfs.

If you are talking about soloing old raid content you will feel the nerfs the most in terms of what you can and cannot do and I am currently exploring the solo capabilities of MM due to how new BM now works. With MM now you actually have a fairly decent chunk of healing IF you are fighting an old content boss with lots of adds due to how new exhilaration is set up. When the legendaries were available for testing I had an opportunity to go back and try old bosses with some of the healing related items; i.e. Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask and these are definitely game changers; so you'll have to hope you can get your hands on one or two of these to solo T17 and up raids. In terms of soloing anything T16 or lower in Legion you shouldn't have much trouble due to gear inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good to know, that helm look nice.

I took a 16 month break, so right now I'm only doing up to ToT as SV, still not sure what I'm going to switch to, looking like BM so far though.

The thing that concerns me besides the pet heals is the 30s cd on MD. It's been a while now where we could MD on demand, going to take a bit to go back to the old ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

You have so many tools that soloing isn't going to be that much of an issue.